Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gpfreak

gpfreak

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Empty
PostSubject: Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip   Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi everyone!  Well, hi to most of you.  "You" know why I'm not saying hi to you turd-o!

I've been trying to make my ps4 contoller a little more comfortable.  If I'm eating anything while playing, the dualshock becomes a grease magnet.  1st I tried one of those eBay silicone covers...save your money.  They get caught on the control sticks limiting your movement and make your c-s-t-x buttons sit below the level of the skin.  They however are a great excuse for why you just got killed Very Happy

So I continued my journey.  A budy of mine uses a rattle can spray called plasti dip on his jeep fenders and doors when he goes off roaring to prevent Tennessee pin striping (scratches).  When I was looking at his jeep, I felt the non slick grip and decided to try it on my dualshock.  If it didnt't work, the plasti dip spray peels off with no effort once dry.  So here's my right up & instructions.

This is Plasti Dip.
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Plasti10

While the controller is facing downward, gently pull the handle portion away from the controllers, you'll hear a couple of clicks and pops, don't be worried or timid.  As soon as the handles are freed, depress the R2 & L2 buttons and work the controller bottom over the buttons.  If you happen to knock off a trigger or two, don't worry, the snap right back into place.  Just make sure you don't loose the bend spring (looks like a right angle with a circled loop in middle).  The 2 halves are held together by a white flat circuit wire.  Make note of the way it's connected, take a picture if necessary.  For reassembly, the blue side of the connection faces the fatter side do the white slot.

Now take rubbing alcohol & a paper towel and wipe the controller bottom clean to remove grease.  Once dry begin to tape off the USB port, the led light, and cover the electronics inside the lower controller half incase of overspray.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Image12

Once your are taped, find a place to spray the controller.  I used a Medium sized box from the post office and a bent hanger.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Img_1614
Here is when patience is a virtue!  If you have never sprayed with a  rattle can before, or feel you need practice, buy a cheap spray paint and mist coat an object.   A mist coat is a gradual build up of a sprayed material.  Holding the can 6 inches from the object you are painting, depress the nozzle and move in a fluid once side to another pass.  Then do the same thing, other direction and this time, move the can down about 2 inches.  Repeat these steps until you've gone from top to bottom.  Wait 5 to 10 minutes and repeat.  You will see the blank or thin spots disappear.  As soon as you are done the second coat, remove the tape from the painted side.  If you wait until the plasti dip is dry, it will peel the plasti dip off with the tape.  Then you start at the beginning.  Allow 4 to 6 hours before reassembly (directions in reverse order) and you will wind up with a controller which will look like this.
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Img_1618Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Img_1616
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Img_1619
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Img_1617
When the dip was dry, I took and xacto knife and traced around the edge of the bar clade sticker.  Then I used my finger and rolled the plasti dip off of the bar code.
Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Img_1621

Good luck!  if you have any questions, please PM me.

gpfreak
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gpfreakps3
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip   Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:24 pm

I will admit... for the price of a can of plastidip and the time involved... it's actually cheaper than buying a cover for the controller.... and, if you're any good at painting, you can make some pretty sick designs
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip   Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Good idea freak!! Will have to try this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip   Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making my PS4 controller more comfortable using Plasti Dip
Page 1 of 1