Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Empty
PostSubject: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 am

I'm still relatively new with only around 9 hours played, but I just can't get the hang of these maps. In fact, I still don't think I've played a Bakaara.

Hell, last night I tried to just creep the edges and learn them perimeter and I just don't have a clue where the camp spots are to look for.

I think my average match was like 9-7. I'm reluctant to rush around and get obliterated because the maps are so much more complex and you can't see anyone hiding.

Just wanted to find out if you all have had the same experience or if I'm slow on the uptake?

I'm not helping all that much yet, but I must be a rabbits's foot. I think my W/L is 1.3, and KD is still positive, but not great (1.08).

Is there hope?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:19 am

I was probably near 16-20 hours before I really felt I knew the maps. I now feel comfortable with most if not all of them.

I still find that holding down a sector of the map is the best way for me to play. I have to check my 6 alot more often but thats another story...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:28 am

I finally figured out the edges of the maps after 20 hours or so... there ARE 16 maps so quite a few to learn... also, dont sit still and retrace your steps often as there are constantly people spawning behind you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:34 am

The maps aren't second nature for me like BO maps are. There are still times when I try to go left or right and can't. It doesn't seem possible that there are 16 maps (I couldn't even name them all) because I play only a handful over and over, or atleast it feels that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Uh, I will let you know when I figure it out. I am at about 20 hours.

Spawns are so willey that slow creep is hard since people spawn behind/next/on top of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 pm

It takes awhile for sure I have about 48 hours in now and some maps I know well and others tend to mystify me, still getting hung up on shit all over the place. Hang with it, it will come
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:07 pm

It wasn't until I neared 30 hours of play that I started to feel comfortable with the maps. I find that I die less by running and gunning rather than creeping, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
It wasn't until I neared 30 hours of play that I started to feel comfortable with the maps. I find that I die less by running and gunning rather than creeping, but that's just me.

Really?? That always seems to get me to 0 - 470 in no time. for now I will continue my run, duck, look, run approach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:04 pm

I think running and hip firing with an smg is the way to go. I've been trying to creep around and be cautious because I don't know where the fuck I'm going but getting shot in the back is getting old. As soon as I get my 10000 xp for maxing the m4 it's p90 all the way. I'm growing tired of losing gun battles to smgs every time. My best games are always running and blasting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:12 pm

I am now 75% comfortable with most of the maps. There are a couple that just haven't appeared much for me so I don't know them well. And Outpost I would just back out of everytime due to the under map glitch. Two or three matches with some douche shooting me from outside the map was enough to ruin it for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:17 pm

lumm0x wrote:
I am now 75% comfortable with most of the maps. There are a couple that just haven't appeared much for me so I don't know them well. And Outpost I would just back out of everytime due to the under map glitch. Two or three matches with some douche shooting me from outside the map was enough to ruin it for me.

Same here. Outpost should be patched now. I love this map for DOM. A remote sentry can defend B and C if you put it by the square building.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:34 pm

spec ops survival and private ffa matches help me with map comfort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:41 am

SN0WR1DER wrote:
I was probably near 16-20 hours before I really felt I knew the maps. I now feel comfortable with most if not all of them.

I still find that holding down a sector of the map is the best way for me to play. I have to check my 6 alot more often but thats another story...

Have to agree with Mr Rider here. I got comfortable around 20ish hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:17 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
I'm still relatively new with only around 9 hours played, but I just can't get the hang of these maps. In fact, I still don't think I've played a Bakaara.

Hell, last night I tried to just creep the edges and learn them perimeter and I just don't have a clue where the camp spots are to look for.

I think my average match was like 9-7. I'm reluctant to rush around and get obliterated because the maps are so much more complex and you can't see anyone hiding.

Just wanted to find out if you all have had the same experience or if I'm slow on the uptake?

I'm not helping all that much yet, but I must be a rabbits's foot. I think my W/L is 1.3, and KD is still positive, but not great (1.08).

Is there hope?

The snobbish answer is that it depends on how good your spatial intelligence is. I find domination is easiest because of the flag markers. Try exploring in a private match, or if you are obsessed with leveling up run after tags in kill confirmed and watch the frequent kill cams.

Short answer: 10-20+ hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 pm

I think it may have to do with correlations to previous maps as well. Some maps remind me of others, and for me it sinks in faster. Some others, sheesh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:02 am

when in doubt use your teammates as cover so to speak, follow a teammate to cover them, and if they get killed you can get the avenger medal by killing someone who just killed your teammate

running and gunning is what i do mostly, i feel in most 1v1 situations i can hold my own

the hardest thing for me is to learn the flanking routes, which way is the fastest way to get behind the enemy, this is how i feel i play the best, and i would rather shoot someone in the back instead of risk death with a head to head fire fight.

it seems to me that there are always a few maps that i play more often and i only know the names of a few.....but i do know I HATE INTERCHANGE! this map is like overgrown, and array to me, very open map with long lines of site which are not condusive to my run n gun style.

my advice stick close to teammates if you dont know where to go, patrol an area that you feel you can defend, play to the strengths of your weapon. i like shotguns and smgs so i stay in CQC situations, but if you like ARs find long lines of sight that you have an advantage over smg players, just dont camp too long cuz that results in getting shot in the back.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:06 pm

After about 2 nights of playing (8hrs gameplay) I felt I had a very good feel how to get places in the map, where the spawns were, and more importantly which areas were high/low traffic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:08 am

I've got a little over 20 hours in online MP, but I spent about three hours during the 2nd day running the maps in private matches.

Learning the maps is a two part process. First just figuring out where all the routes lead/intersect. The second part is actually learning through MP where the hotspots and spawns are.

I feel comfortable in every map except interchange now, but its not because I don't know that map, its just because its a crapfest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?   How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How long does it take to get comfortable with the maps?
Page 1 of 1