Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF3 first impressions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

BF3 first impressions Empty
PostSubject: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:49 pm

Got in 1 1/2 hrs of play time last night. Learning curve was not as bad as expected and its was a great time.

Highlights:

-I like capping flags by hopping out of the moving jeep.

-Noticed that if you drive a jeep over a large rock pile, get to much air...you will fly out...good times...

-knocked out a tank with an RPG. The shithead promptly hopped out, killed me, and proceed to repair his tank.

-Put 3 choppers down in the water...apparently I can fly for shit. However, you can swim to shore.

-Lots of strategy involved, but to many randoms to really pull it off (although I did get to play a bit with Hockalees)

-You can choose your spawn point. In vehicles, with your squad members individually, or at the set spawn points.

-You may silence everyone. You can silence EVERYONE except your squad, or keep the mic open to the entire team.

-The ability to destroy just about everything is always fun, especially with the urban maps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:13 pm

I actually got to play around with it a little this morning. I like it! I may seriously never see CoD again. I only played a few TDM matches, so I cannot give a real review. Haven't gotten to use any vehicles. Gone is the day of running around mad shooting with a shotgun. This game makes you want to slow down your pace and think before you move. I have blown up a few landmarks, so that was quite enjoyable. Will try to get some decent playtime with it eventually. For now only in spurts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:52 am

Got to play a little with Kaggan and Bruce but coms were terrible so any team work was worthless. I like the game but maps are a little too big for only 24 players it was feast or famine on bogey sightings. Why only 4 man squads I had seven friends in a game at one time but we could not talk to each other so could not coordinate any attack plan at all. For a game where team work is essential they have made it too much work to accomplish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:52 pm

You can open up the comms for the entire team or just for the 4 man squad. So technically you can hear all 12 ppl. Yeah the comms were messed up last night, but the night before was better...no idea was going on there. A patch of some sort is in order.

They def are some huge maps. I've made the mistake of spawning from the deployment area instead of on one of the squad members, so lesson learned there.

Last night was fun though, jmullen and I caught a ride directly over B on a chopper, parachuted out and took it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:35 pm

Finally got some time to play last night. It was a lot of fun, would still like to join up with some clannies, though, as it's hard to coordinate with randumbs.

I can't drive the vehicles very well but I make a good gunner because I run as an engineer and get out and repair. There is a ton of strategy in this game when it comes to loadouts. You can wreak havoc with strategically placed mines, but to carry them you can't repair. And you have to decide between air or ground (MWAW or Stinger) with shoulder missiles initially.

I had a great moment on that big tunnel map. There was a team of two snipers who were up on a perch and camping our main spawn point. I kept lobbing grenades and shooting at them but I couldn't seem to shake them off. After one death, the kill cam showed me why, there were two recons sniping, one assault reviving everyone and a support guy loading ammo. So I spied another ridge higher up from them, and worked my way up to it without drawing their attention. One RPG round splashed all four and no one was able to revive. Much success!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Forgot to mention that I gave Rush mode a try quite a bit last night. It is a shame that the demo played on Metro because it is the weakest of all maps for that. Rush is really fun on Caspian Sea, it lasts a long time, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:59 pm

hockalees wrote:
Finally got some time to play last night. It was a lot of fun, would still like to join up with some clannies, though, as it's hard to coordinate with randumbs.

By the time I went to bed at about 2am last night there were plenty of people playing! Not sure how many only rented the game though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:53 am

OK, finally got online tonight and played a few rounds with Wini and OBXJ.

-Comms were slightly better than MW3 which is to say, disappointing. OB and I could talk for the most part, but we couldn't hear Wini.

-The large maps lend themselves to strategy more so than the run and gun maps of MW3.

-The recoil takes a bit to get used to.

- I don't know diddly about flying helicopters.

-There's a fair number of campers, but no more or less, IMHO than you see in MW3.

Overall, I like it and will be diverting more of my game time to BF3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 am

You two could hear each other?!?! Damn. It was majorly cutting in and out to the point where I could not understand a word you were saying. OB's mic was echoing, so I assumed his headset is broken again and he was using his bluetooth.

I wonder if switching the coms to Team in stead of Squad allocates more bandwidth for talking and I would be able to hear better.

OB and I started on differnt teams. We played a round against each other. I never saw him, but spent a lot of time in the anti aircraft gun near our spawn. After the match is was not a big deal for him to switch to my team once a spot opened. We jumped into an empty squad and then stayed squad mates for the next hour and a half until I logged off for the night. Getting together is somewhat of a challenge, but once together you stay that way.

Playing with OB was great. We Noobed it up solid, but we spawned on each other and made some attempts to work as a team.

Weapon leveling is crucial and this helps with the recoil issue. My Support heavy machine gun now has a holo sight (or something that looks like that) and the recoil is better. This gun you need to lay down or sit behind somethign so your soldier deploys the bi-pod. The stability is better. If this class came with a tent it woudl be ideal Smile

On the engineer class I think the Anti tank round is better since I think the air support is run by people who dont really know how to fly a plane (like us...). I round kills a jeep which is a 200 XP (100 for truck and 100 for the driver and extra for anyone who is the gunner).

I am loving the anti tank mines and get at least one kill a round from this little treat. The good news is the mines stay after you die. You can lay mines one life and then when you die change the load out of the engineer to something with a Repair Tool for when you want to fix the tank you are driving in.

How did you join our party Anderson? I know I didn't invite you... Glad to hear you are going to play it more. I am having fun due to the slower pace of the game. MW3 is a connection dependant twitch fest where I can not consistantly compete. On this game I know I usually die due to poor tactics and getting into a position where I am not properly covered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 am

OK, I will definitely be picking this up in the near future. Want to run with some clannies, even if it takes a bit to get together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:19 am

I hope the coms dont blow if we have more than 2 people. OB and I were fine. Added Anderson and the coms sucked (for me anyway).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:

You two could hear each other?!?! Damn. It was majorly cutting in and out to the point where I could not understand a word you were saying. OB's mic was echoing, so I assumed his headset is broken again and he was using his bluetooth.

He was cutting in/out a bit, but I could only tell it was you by your tone. I don't think I ever got more than a word or two.

Winicott1001 wrote:

How did you join our party Anderson? I know I didn't invite you... Glad to hear you are going to play it more. I am having fun due to the slower pace of the game. MW3 is a connection dependant twitch fest where I can not consistantly compete. On this game I know I usually die due to poor tactics and getting into a position where I am not properly covered

I went to friends, saw you playing, and hit join (or whatever). I squaded up with you and then went to town. By the 3rd game, I was starting to get the hang of it. Working at a team is crucial, esp for the domination type game.

I do like the fact that you can be "in the area" of the flag and behind cover instead of right on top of it. I found it helpful that the counter stopped counting when the OPFOR were in the area.

so far, I really like it as it seems more realistic. Once I learn the maps, I'm sure it will get easier to spot snipers and campers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:00 pm

On the smaller maps like Seine Crossing and the map we played with the narrow alley that was a huge death fest, yep, know the camping spots. On the bigger maps it does not seem as big an issue as there are so many sopts that there is no way you are going to find/cover them all. Agreed that this is where the fact you do not have to be on the falg to cap it is clutch. If you find the right cover you can covertly cap the flag and then fall back to watch the Big Picture to see the OpFor approaching and pick them off as they arrive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm gonna try to be on tonight, played a few games solo and stunk it up and switched games when I got your invite and truth be told was just too lazy to switch games back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:41 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
I'm gonna try to be on tonight, played a few games solo and stunk it up and switched games when I got your invite and truth be told was just too lazy to switch games back.

Figured this was the case Smile By the time the game loaded for me I saw you had switched and was like "I bet he does not want to switch the disks after fleeing BF3 for Skrym".

I will be on I think. I will make sure we get in together. OB and I had no problem today at lunch getting on the same team. I can't say as much for the armored van that I got stuck at A in the tents at the market. Apparently a van stuck in the tent poles is an easy target for anti tank rounds.

Anderson is a douche since he leaves his machine on with the disk in and appears to be in the lobby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
NCFishboy wrote:

Figured this was the case Smile By the time the game loaded for me I saw you had switched and was like "I bet he does not want to switch the disks after fleeing BF3 for Skrym".

I will be on I think. I will make sure we get in together. OB and I had no problem today at lunch getting on the same team. I can't say as much for the armored van that I got stuck at A in the tents at the market. Apparently a van stuck in the tent poles is an easy target for anti tank rounds.

Anderson is a douche since he leaves his machine on with the disk in and appears to be in the lobby.

Screw you hippie. With a 5 and 8 year old playing lego star wars, the only time the controllers can charge up is overnight and when im at work. Remarkably enough, after they are done, the controllers tend to be on the floor or couch and not on the usb cables.

In summary. Screw you hippie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Mind if I join you guys? BF3 is on discount at Costco, might go pick it up. CoD chaos is really wearing out my nervous system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Happy that you guys are liking it. I'll probably be on tonight, so see you then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 pm

audiopile wrote:
Mind if I join you guys? BF3 is on discount at Costco, might go pick it up. CoD chaos is really wearing out my nervous system.

Of course (As long as you promise to be my one and only nemesis).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Don't everyone go bailing out on MW3 now... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:45 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
In summary. Screw you hippie.

Seriously though, you can use a motorla charger to chage the controllers if you want. I use the old charger I had for my Razor (the phone not the shaving device).

Audio- come on over. The game feels different, but is fun I think. The coms today with OB were good. Last night with 3 the coms were bad. I blame anderson, his kids, and Lego Star Wars.

FBD- Honestly the playstyle here seems to fit the description of how you like to play. I am sure we will see you next... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:02 pm

+1 Wini...I didn't know a phone charger would work with the PS3, I have plenty of those kicking around...always learning something new on here...
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:05 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
Don't everyone go bailing out on MW3 now... Sad

I'm still here FBD
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 pm

jemenard wrote:
+1 Wini...I didn't know a phone charger would work with the PS3, I have plenty of those kicking around...always learning something new on here...

The1 told me Smile Send your extras to Anderson to cure his LegoWars Angst jocolor
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Also works with the Bluetooth earpiece that I have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first impressions   BF3 first impressions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3 first impressions
Page 1 of 1