Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Did I make the cut??

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Did I make the cut?? Empty
PostSubject: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been looking around the net to hopefully join a clan, but was a bit intimidated by the idea. This is my maiden voyage into the clan world. All the expectations....a god-like K/D ratio, available to play at a moments notice, 3.0 win/loss record, no noob-tubes scratch , and you have to be purely awesome!!! It was intimidating. And then....a breath of fresh air. I found the Over 30 Clan!! Thank you for offering a clan that wants to play the game for fun and enjoy some good adult conversation!! I look forward to meeting the members and hanging out on the battlefield. I live in Utah and mostly play in the evenings. My PSN tag is flyfishutah. I'm excited to get started!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Hey bro, welcome! This clan rocks, everyone is very nice, fun times, great games and we win a majority of the time. Hope to play with ya soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Welcome to >30
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Welcome to the clan. Your definatly in the right place for some fun games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Welcome to the clan. As the self appointed godfather of the West coast 30, welcome to the WC30. you can sign up for the WC30 usergroup if you would like to. It sounds like based on your location and times you play you will be with the WC for the most part. there are some East Coasties and Central that like to stay up past their bedtime and play with us too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:24 pm

welcome to the clan , we have alot of fun and play alot of DOM, just go for B Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:25 pm

welcome to the clan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Welcome aboard, it's a great crew here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!! And, I have to apologize... I didn't mean by saying that you guys only play for fun that you were not serious or competitive about BLOPS. I hope that wasn't the message I portrayed. I am quite serious about being a competitive player on BLOPS. And, I know that everyone here feels the same. Who doesn't like winning? cheers I am looking forward to getting in game with you guys and gals! Thanks again for allowing me to be part of this clan.

Also, since I am extremely green when it comes to clan membership, I have a few questions. I hope they aren't stupid questions. They probably are......sorry.

Do I simply create a clan name in my playercard and use >30< ?
Then do I invite or am I invited to play with the clan members?
I really am new to this, sorry...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:00 pm

We all use different types of the >30< in our tags. PSN no longer allows the use of the symbols (><) so some may say x30x, 30UP, OV30, and even some representing their timezone (EC30, WC30, UK30 etc.). You'll also see fun tags but can associate the 30 members by the "30" in their in-game avatar. Go ahead and friend up with some members and join their games. In the lobbies you'll most likely come across more 30 members to send friend requests to. Again, welcome and enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Yippee another WCer! Welcome flyfishutah, i will send you a request tonight.

You cannot use the symbols in the clan tag unfortunately. 30 works and as you play with us you will see all the creative variations. some type of 30 in the playercard is cool, but there are no requirements to identify yourself with the clan.

Fell free to jump into parties, but if you are the 7th person you may be asked to leave unless they are willing to do ground war or its a private event.

EDIT - having a mic is helpful too and read up about our DOM strategies. We only cap 2/3 flags and hold them - or else!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Use your PSN or GT .. We all change up our clan tag. A room full of 30's tends to scare away the opposition. Newer members tend to use 30 for a while. It help us old guys know your a member when we haven't seen your posts here. Add a few friends from around here. The common posters are also active players so they would be a good start. Once your in a lobby it is easier to add other friends. Jump on in. Invites are not necessary. You can also send a message to ask if the party is full. I often just send invites, it lets people know I want in.

Surf this forum, you will find alot of helpful tips . Mixed in with a truckload of BS.. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Take a look at the rules section The1 posted up at the top.
-There are no stupid questions (only inquisitive idiots) Surprised
Ask away. Everyone here is quite cool and willing to share/help in lobbies. You will find your best time to be in the party prior to entering a game. You can make a bunch of friends and get a feel for the different guys along with discussing strategy/sports/beer/topic of the day. Having a mic is a necessity. Most use either the Turtle beach headset or the Tritton headset as the difference is night and day. Much better than the itty bitty bluetooth. I never cared about a headset when I played with randoms, but after joining the clan hearing and speaking became important.
We are good at communicating during the games. Its why we win most of them unless we have a ringer like Nixon holding us down. Then I can run in circles at the back of the map doing nothing more than knocking down spy planes and choppers and I am sure we will still win.
Send me a friend invite BigdaddyN8. See you online
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:30 pm

I'm one of the EC nightowls. Add fatbrowndog, and welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Welcome to the 30 crew. Add me if you'd like and im on pretty much everynight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Add me....NamKnight. I'm EC and play weekdays btwn about 12pm-5pm eastern. Don't even think about replacing me on the bottom of the leaderboards Very Happy I believe I'm one of the oldest in the clan and my eyes, ears and reflexes aren't what they used to be Sad Most of all, have fun!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks for all the advice/info. I truly appreciate all of your help!! I am planning on playing some BLOPS tonight. I will add you guys and check my invites. Thanks all!! You guys/gals rock!! Also, I use the Turtle Beach PX21 headset.

PSN: flyfishutah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:30 am

Welcome mate,

Enjoy your time with the 30's there's a lot of nice events and humour about ^^

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:28 am

Add away, Sir...add away
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:43 am

Hello There ,

No worries on KDR .... they put up with me .... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:08 am

Welcome! A good lot here in 30Clan. I'm on several times a week usually between 9-11PM CST. Feel free to add with a 30 in the msg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:34 am

One thing tho, "Adult conversation"????? Not around here most of the time. But at least its not coming from a high pitch squeeky 12 year old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:28 am

Welcome! I look forward to seeing you in game at some point! I'll be the one with the "itty bitty Bluetooth"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:45 am

Nice playing with you last night Flyfish.

I appreciate your attempt at being respectful to the perception that there is some kind of heirachy here where the new guys have to prove their meddle before they are accepted as full members. The truth of the matter is there is no such policy either in writing or as established 'common practice'. We play with everyone any time. You do not have to have so many hours played or gone to certain practice sessions to be a 'full member'. You logged on here so you are a member. The end.

I will strongly second what N8 said. Talking is a must. 6 noobs wth a negative KDR can/will/do win dom matches through communication and call outs. It is when the players get tired and the lobby goes quiet when we lose matches IMHO. I have seen us all go 12-20 with 4 caps each,5 defends each and win 200-135. It happens all the time. There is a facebook page with the maps and some labels on the maps to give you a start as to how to call out where you were killed.

Jump into matches. No invite neccessary. Most of us prefer 6 man games due to less lag. So if I jump into a group and I am the 7th then I will excuse myself and ask to be invited once a spot opens up. I know when I am runnign a party lately I have been trying to make room for everyone in the lobby to play by going Ground War just so the new people can play with the less new people.

Send friend requests to everyone in the lobby and soon you will have a nice list of people to play with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Ya, what wini said......LoL
+rep

I like the idea of running GW to help some of the newbs get some game time with regs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did I make the cut??   Did I make the cut?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did I make the cut??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next