Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Empty
PostSubject: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Just got the Red Blinking Light of Death on my 3+ year old 80gb fat PS3. Got to send it to Sony to get it fixed. Not as bad as I thought it would be. It's $99 to repair it or send me a refurbished one. Might not be a bad idea to start saving up for a brand new one though. No gaming for 2 weeks and that sucks bad!

What's really going to suck is if they have to send me a refurbished one, I going to lose all my game saves.

Life really sucks right now!! Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:42 pm

check the black friday ads. saw a few bundles going on sale for 199. might as well spring for the new one since you're already going to get charged the 99.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Boo, sucks man! I'm waiting for the day mine craps out, which is any day I'm sure. It's been showing signs for a few months now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:46 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Damn that sucks bro.....
Thats even worse than the PSN outage cuz you know everyone else is gaming and your effed.
I might consider the extra 100 for a shiny new one that comes home with me.....jus sayin

Last edited by SN0WR1DER on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Might check local shops. I had mine fixed in fort worth for 50 bucks in 30 minutes. Sit and watched them do it. Upgraded fan for extra 20. Just something to look into. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:50 pm

The cheapest new one is $250 right now. I know there's going to be that black friday bundle for $200 but I couldn't care less about the two games it comes with. Little Big Planet 2 and Ratchet and Crank. I don't have little kids around here anymore for those kinds of games. I guess I could get them then immediately trade them in at Gamestop. Probably won't get nothing for them. Makes no sense to sell the bundle for $200 and not be able to get just the console for $200.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:55 pm

Sorry to hear that. Hope you find a cheap and quick fix to this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:53 pm

My original 60 GB machine just crapped out on me last week. I camped out overnight for launch day to get that machine.

I went out the next day and got the 320 GB Uncharted 3 bundle. Same price as the 320 GB machine but with a $60 game that I was going to buy anyway. Bonus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:21 pm

My wife would be jumping for joy if that was me. It would be party central
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm fully expecting mine to crap out at any time. I did open er up to clean it out and replace the HDD, but other than that, it's all original equipment. It's the original granddaddy 40gb fat from June 2006. When it croaks I'm going to go out and buy a new one immediately, but I'll probably get the old one fixed if it can be done cheaply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:33 pm

FBD since you are planning on your old one exploding soon you should make a backup of your saved game utility and make sure you know your password for signing into PSN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:03 pm

I ended up both repairing my Motorstorm bundle old fat 60GB PS3 and buying a new slim. I just used printer paper to draw diagrams of the PS3 as I was taking it apart to remember which screws went where so I didn't have the random odd screw left over at the end. I ended up just cleaning out the insides, cleaning the old thermal compound off and putting new compound on and that seemed to work fine. I used a series of Youtube vids to do it... the PS2 was much easier to take apart. I had to do that back in the day to clean the laser.

Honestly the biggest hassle was using the data transfer utility to put all of my old stuff on my new slim 160 GB PS3. That took maybe 90 minutes. I reformatted the HD in the old fatty (250 GB) and I'm giving it to my nephews/brother-in-law (ages 2, 5 and 37). So hey, free PS3 for them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Finally got the box to send it in last night and took it FedEx this morning. Thinking about getting that Black Friday bundle for $199 this weekend and using the old one as a backup when I get it back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:59 am

BigDaddyEarl71 wrote:
Finally got the box to send it in last night and took it FedEx this morning. Thinking about getting that Black Friday bundle for $199 this weekend and using the old one as a backup when I get it back.

Really hate this happening BRO!!..but ur thinking in the right idea, get the new 1 have the old 1 repaired and have as a back-up....it whatI'm doing even though I'm adding a extra 2 year warranty to the new 1 anyways!! +1 for the RIGHT IDEA!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks   My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My life will be incomplete for the next 2 weeks
Page 1 of 1