Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Rough start on MW3 for you too?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Rough start on MW3 for you too? Empty
PostSubject: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Some folks have caught right on and are doing as good or better in mw3 as they were doing in blops. I am not one of those people. It has been a rough adjustement so far. Over the past week or so I've started to do better. I've come across a few things that have helped me find a groove and start actually going in a possitive direction. I'll list some of those things below, but I thought it'd be interesting to hear from the rest of the folks that are or were having a rough transition and see what's helping you out as well.

Here's what's been helping me:

One of my main issues is just being able to see in the maps. Just seemed like everything blended together and I had a really hard time making out enemies that were beyond cqc. While looking to see if there were any other video adjustments that I could make besides brightness, I came across a setting called color blind assist. I enabled it and it really helped me see things while playing much better. I'm not color blind at all, but this made a noticable difference for me.

Hard Core Kill Confirmed!!!! I am absolutely loving this game type. I'm able to level like crazy as well as repair some of the damage done to my stats thus far. K:D and W:L and accuracy have gone up big time while playing this type. Hard core in mw3 is much more enjoyable for me than it was in blops. There are several things that I like about this mode in mw3, but one of the main things is ballistic vests. So if you set up a leveling class like those that have been talked about around here with a 4 and 5 streak only with hardline and support, you're going to call in a lot of support and thus get lots of points. Most people that I know of have been running uav and counter uav. This is fine in core, but in hard core I found the counter uav to be pointless most of the time. So I threw on ballistic vests on the advice of Dani instead of the counter uav. So you're still gonig to call in the same amount of streaks, but here's the big difference. When you throw out a c-uav, you get 100 points one time and that's it. In hard core, if the enemy doesn't have anything in the air, you have to throw that streak out and you'll get 100 points and it's good for nothing else. Also, people shoot down c-uav's like made and turrets are also very common so your c-uav doesnt ever stay up long. If you throw ballistic vests out, you get 200 points just for tossing them out plus 50 points every time someone picks one up. So not only does it give you 2x as many points for the toss, every time someone on your team grabs a vest is the same amount of points as actually killing someone. Ballistic vests also have a more practical use in HC. When you have a vest on, you then take damage as if you were in core and the enemy was in hc. ie: they will get hitmarkers on you rather than the one shot one kill. On top of that, if the enemy doesn't kill you, the vest will heal you not to mention blast protection. Needless to say, I'm throwing up uav's and vest all over the place. HC is also a great place to level up guns like machine pistols and pistols real easy. You get a lot of xp for leveling guns. Some games would only give me about 5k+ xp, but many games I would get over 10k xp just for a gun unlock or challenge or something. One match I got almost 20k xp because I got 10K xp just for reaching a certain kill number on one of the guns. So yeah, I'm a big fan of HC now. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Great advice Marsh! I have yet to play a HC game but I will for sure now. That is some excellent xp strategy there.

I have been doing better so far in MW3 than I did in Blops. Maybe due to the fact I started out so poorly as a Blops player and my son and daughter helped ruin any chance I had of decent stats. Not knowing the maps and playing like I did in Blops hurt me at first, but I am getting the hang of things now and being more consistent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Nice info on HC migidy...it might be worth checking out...I have been running UAV/CUAV on all of my classes, but I might switch to vests as I push toward my 2nd prestige. I too have a very hard time seeing guys on these maps...never thought of the colorblind assist, I just moved closer to my tv. What does it do to your screen?

I made a pretty simple move to this game...I'm not very good at it or anything, but I wasn't very good at blops...I probablyy play about the same level here though. The biggest thing that helped me was to stay moving, but to move carefully. I run out in front of people way to much...check your corners. Getting comfortable with the maps helps a lot too...there are lots of little gaps for people to be coming out of, and it's easy to run in front of them.

I think one thing that made the transition easy for me is that I was a pretty big hip shooter in blops and that skill seems to come in handy in mw3. I went into combat training and worked solely on it in blops. In this game I seem to find myself in a lot of CQC with little reaction time...being able to circle the opponent and spray him down helps a lot. I get the most hip fire kills accolade frequently...along with plenty of rage mic...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:32 pm

hoffyguns wrote:
Nice info on HC migidy...it might be worth checking out...I have been running UAV/CUAV on all of my classes, but I might switch to vests as I push toward my 2nd prestige. I too have a very hard time seeing guys on these maps...never thought of the colorblind assist, I just moved closer to my tv. What does it do to your screen?

I made a pretty simple move to this game...I'm not very good at it or anything, but I wasn't very good at blops...I probablyy play about the same level here though. The biggest thing that helped me was to stay moving, but to move carefully. I run out in front of people way to much...check your corners. Getting comfortable with the maps helps a lot too...there are lots of little gaps for people to be coming out of, and it's easy to run in front of them.

I think one thing that made the transition easy for me is that I was a pretty big hip shooter in blops and that skill seems to come in handy in mw3. I went into combat training and worked solely on it in blops. In this game I seem to find myself in a lot of CQC with little reaction time...being able to circle the opponent and spray him down helps a lot. I get the most hip fire kills accolade frequently...along with plenty of rage mic...

color blind assist seams to make the screen clearer in general. It also changes the colors of the names above your team and the enemy. different easier to see blue for your team and a yellow/orange for the enemy.

amen to the hipfire!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:01 pm

You should also try the marksman perk (3rd slot). It makes enemy names appear faster / from farther away. I find it really helps me to keep from missing some enemy hiding in the clutter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:20 pm

I am so average I am average.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 pm

For some reason I took to MW3 pretty quick. I was playing a lot of MW2 right before the MW3 release so that might have gotten me a little ready. It's a big change from Blops but it was pretty huge going from Blops back to MW2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Great Info! Im going to have to try out some more Hard Core Games Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 pm

Marsh, you summed it up perfectly. I played a few games today with the clan - KC and Dom both Core... after playing a TON of HC KC games lately. Totally sucked it up and wasn't enjoyable at all. Let me just say, once you go HC it's really, really hard to go back (at least it is for me) It's not that HC is easier, it's just different. It seems more realistic to me without having to unload clip upon clip in the hopes of getting a kill.

Maybe it has something to do with the lag issues? It doesn't seem to have such a detrimental effect in HC.
Back to top Go down
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Well I don't know how long my transition is going to continue, may be retiring from MW3 soon. Game is driving my nuts, I can't seem to find that groove to sustain an average run of good games. My K/D looks like a blind retarded chimp has been playing. On top of it elite is shabby at best. The only thing that keeps my hopes up and coming back at this point in hopes that I will get used to it is the fact that I paid $100 for this headache.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 pm

It has been a rough start for me as well. MW3 is not black ops. Just when I was doing pretty good at black ops, MW3 comes out and it is like starting over, new guns new maps and a whole new play style. I am sure we will all get better and none of us will have the reflexes of the 15 years olds but we will have better communcations and tactics that how we where so good at black opps, we worked together
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:19 pm

When I want to relax and just enjoy the game a little...I take all the fun away from mini map whores. I just run blind eye and assassin. Yeah, I know people hate it.

I don't care. Very Happy

Certainly saves me from getting shot in the back all the time....

@ Patton. I wish I still had some of those 15 year old reaction times...nothing like getting a squeaker telling you how he just "owned you".
Back to top Go down
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Yeah I see what ur saying just seems like it gets me all agitated and pissed off. PS3 is my down time after a long week at work or just something to relax and enjoy at night. It's a hobby and I enjoy it (not so much lately), feels more like a chore than fun. I actually played a couple hours blops with brother in law the other night and to fell right back into my old habits and was having a good run. Will have to see if anything improves but things r not looking optimistic. And like I said elite is a joke, constantly down so can't get in to see if my clan invite was sent and to makes matters worse by Bluetooth won't work. Think it's just a bad week
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 pm

As long as lag is not too bad I can still get kills in this game but it is hard to create any type of real strategy for the game types because of the random spawning issue. When I look at the mini map we are usually so spread out I can't even figure out where to go. The game really leans toward the run and gun gamers and leaves the strategist out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:11 am

Dani- I couldn't agree more. I have been playing more Hardcore lately...alot more. Playing a regular match is difficult to adjust to.

Marsh-is the color blind setting on your tv or on your xbox?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:41 am

@sly the color blind assist is in the options menu in the game

for me the last few days i have been running assault alot more and have found that defending an area in KC has worked better for me, like a high traffic building, not camp a doorway but patrol an area, play to my guns advantages, which is CQC.

the assault streaks stack, so just like in mw2, 5 kills is a predator, gets you to 7-attack helicpter, then 9-overwatch/reaper, has definitely helped my k/d, which is around 1.1 when in BLOPS it was 1.25, not great, but i have always told myself that anything above 1.0 is alright with me.

my W/L is better in this game i think i am still over 1.0, in BLOPS it was 0.75ish, so my k/d is less, but w/l is better....you decide, but to me i will take a little less k/d to have a better w/l.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:18 am

OMG I just put the colour blind asist on and wow +1 for you sir, so does that make us old cause we need this shit??

Great idea and thxs for the input, I also adjusted my sesativity and well when I put it on max I almost made myself sick during my first game LOL so maybe I will stick to around 3.

Keep the advice coming noobs like myself need all the help we can get
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:55 am

I just can not play this game on line its bloody awful lag and inconsistances with the game, i cant find it with this game, the hit detection is shite one minute you are killing people with three bullets the next its a whole clip, other players just walking through your bullets. Wished i had never wasted 45 GBP on this feckin game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm sucking it up too. I used several double xp codes to try and unlock some weapons that might help. I'm level 52 with a .5 k/d ratio. Pretty sad, but I'm having fun and enjoying the time I'm able to hook up with the clan. I do feel like I'm improving, I've always been a mouse and keyboard guy for the shooters so this is my first foray into the console FPS world.

I am going to buy BF3 tomorrow and try and compare, just in case MW3 isnt the end all be all of shooters like I was hoping. Me not having the experience with them I felt like comparing the top two current titles would be the best thing for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Yeah sekular, I've heard a few others say that the switch transition from pc to console isn't as smooth as they hope...I believe they're are mouse set-ups for ps though...

I turned on the colorblind assist thing today...I didn't necessarily detect a noticeable difference...but I played some pretty good games today, and I was getting the crosshairs on the guys quickly, so I think I was picking them up better...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 pm

I gotta say the colorblind assist has helped greatly. Also, try Marksman as a third perk. Big help to see the enemy's name from a farther distance.

My k/d is not great...around 1.1, but the W/L is a decent 1.5, and that's more important.

I'm at 15 hours in now and finally feel like I'm getting the hang of the maps. I've been wasting time trying to get the weekly and daily challenges for the XP, but in actuality, you're better off just focusing on a class you're comfortable with and you'll get more kills/xp by default.
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:15 am

Marsh you told us a while ago about the color blind thing and I know I forgot to switch it on. Remind me tomorrow when I finally get back on. I know I will forget again. I will be so excited to finally get back on after being without Xbox for a week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:58 am

If anyone is having issues trying to figure this game out got a few tips that may help, I know they really helped me.......

1) The colour blind option under the options menue, I know it has been posted before but wow it really changed my gameplay. The names just jump at you now.

2) PP90M1
The PP90M1 SMG is a new addition to the Call of Duty series. Developed in Russia, it is a helical variant of the AK74u. This weapon was designed by the KBP Instrument Design Bureau in the 1990s. In case you didn't know, a helical magazine extends the drum magazine design so that rounds follow a spiral path. This allow a large ammunition capacity in a small compact package. This SMG will be available from the beginning.
This gun will almost outshoot anything at close range, with slight of hand equiped it is just like using a chaingun.

3) Use hardline, keep UAV's in the air, this will not only help your teammates but yourself in the long run. I am no where near good enough to get the kills for the better strike or support options but hell with a UAV up it will help the group more than anything.

4) and lastly, keep moving, I am always running around the map, my K/D has climbed from a paltry .563 to .791 in a few hours of gaming using these methods, I know it's not great but hell it's going the right direction anyways.

Anyways just my thoughts ,I am a long ways from a kill whore, or tag collector but just a few things that have really turned my game around. Feel free to toss other ideas out as well

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 2:19 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
I gotta say the colorblind assist has helped greatly. Also, try Marksman as a third perk. Big help to see the enemy's name from a farther distance.

My k/d is not great...around 1.1, but the W/L is a decent 1.5, and that's more important.

I'm at 15 hours in now and finally feel like I'm getting the hang of the maps. I've been wasting time trying to get the weekly and daily challenges for the XP, but in actuality, you're better off just focusing on a class you're comfortable with and you'll get more kills/xp by default.

I was running marksman then more and more people started running assasin which minimized it's affects once they upgraded to pro... since then I just go for stalker or steady aim mainly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rough start on MW3 for you too?   Rough start on MW3 for you too? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rough start on MW3 for you too?
Page 1 of 1