Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Where have all the good times gone?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Where have all the good times gone? Empty
PostSubject: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:29 am

To be honest im starting to miss Blops and the fun we used to have. MW3 has its good points but as we all know the party and chat system is horrendous to put it lightly. Alot of the time playing BO was as much social as it was playing the actual game. Shooting the shit with everyone was one of the things i looked forward to each day. The custom game nights only added to the good times. Now we have MW3 and its garbage chat that sounds like talking into a tin can with strings attached to everyone else. How the hell are you supposed to talk strategy and such each match when you cant understand half of what you hear? Hell its not even fun to talk trash anymore. Plus there are so many new members and i have a bunch on my FL but how am i supposed to get to know these gamers better? I always welcomed playing Blops with newbies but with this game its almost like they are only a name on list. Flame me if you want but MW3 has taken away alot of the "family" aspect of the clan alot of us enjoyed. Gameplay wise i can play this game at a high enough level and have some success but no matter the map it feels the same each match. Gone are the days of BO and everyone having roles they performed well and working together as a team. To me it just feels like mindless actions with no real strategy. Elite? Hell im not even going to go there and get worked up about its useless non working features. I feel like ive been cheated out of $100. Ill end this rant now since im just getting myself irritated more and im sorry to subject everyone to my complaints.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:14 am

Nixon... you are fucking right on, brother.

I dig MW3 and all but I miss a detail that's most important: Being able to talk and laugh and scream and bitch and give hell to all of you beautiful bastards.

I'm with ya on the aspect that I feel a bit ripped off...biggest game of the fucking year and we still have the same shit chat system from 2009's MW release. In fact I wouldn't even complain ever again about MW3's puss-filled cock spawnning if we had the chat system from Blops.

I'm all for having a dedicated night(s) for our old love...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:18 am

and another free form thought I need to throw out...

I almost feel that MW3 is putting a strain on all of us...almost dividing. MW3 isn't a harder game...just a game that all our old strategies are now useless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:23 am

Yes, I agree with the party and chat system. BO was easier to tell who was hooked up with who. this one jumps around from in a party, online, pregame lobby, etc., just when you figure who is with who the list jumps again. Com is bad, I find myself asking "what" quite a bit. I saw another thread that suggested a black ops night. Maybe try that out. MW3 Map layout is totally different and geared to make you play different. I have only been with the 30 the last few months on black ops but it gave me a new motivation the play the game especially with a great group of people. It is nice to get on almost any time of the day or night and be able to get a full side to play with and not have to listen to a bunch of punk kids. I hope things turn around for you Nxon, I enjoy haveing you as a team mate.
Back to top Go down
Mason32nd

Mason32nd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:35 am

i'm not sure where the good times went , but i sure as hell know where they were
http://www.over30clan.com/apps/videos/videos/show/14232978-gamenight-montage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:58 am

I don't think Nixon will be leaving...he's just absolutely frustrated as many of us are.

It hurts and saddens me to see some of our best players struggle to hit their high numbers...it astounds me that all of us that loathe any mention of camping are now having to camp just so we can keep our objectives.

But...this is the new way that MW3 wants us to play
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:09 pm

I agree that the chat system is preventing us from connecting with one another, on a social level and a game level. I turned my mic on last night and someone said something to me. I couldn't understand so I asked what and they didn't even try to respond because really, what's the point? lol

I would love love love to have a night or two where we play black ops and just have some FUN, whether it's in a private or public lobby.

I'm starting to get the hang of MW3 so this isn't me hating on the game, just the chat function. We could try and do a private match in MW3 and probably have some fun but we just couldn't share that fun vocally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:17 pm

I have just got the hang of MW3 but out law is right, I was in her party last night. you can say about 4 words then the mic shuts off, or you can't hear the other players, I am sure they will have a patch to fix this soon as I know alot of people are upset about this. I does take alot of the fun out of the game. See remeber when in black ops when we had to mute the other players, not really an issue any more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Definitely a different game and I agree on the points that it is much worse for communication and for team strategy on our preferred game types. I too have not found much to like about this game beyond what Black Ops gave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Crazy I agree with you. BO was so much more than a game, we could all talk to each other in pre-game lobbies, tell jokes, bitch about our days....nevermind that in game we could actually communicate.

Actually I agree with everything you've said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:28 pm

In the Black Ops case with the game Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:39 pm

And Death-Threat speaks the Gospel... Amen to you +1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm still trying to figure out what made IW think that, when I search for a friend and click join game in progress, I would want to play against them rather than play with them. There are too many steps you have to take just to get into a game. It shouldn't be that way. Seems like IW complicated something that Treyarch simplified. I also have come to the point that if I can't find a game with anyone from the clan, I will not play with randoms anymore. I tried that last night and remembered why I joined this clan in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm hoffy...and I approve this thread...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Hopefully they can fix or at least improve the communication with a patch but I won't hold my breath....I think that's half the reason most of our w/l ratios aren't where they should be, we can't bloody hear our teams callouts.....I've been following Robert Bowling on Twitter for updates and the amount of people complaining is astounding....MW3 and Elite were supposedly big in to the clan aspect but they seriously need to swallow their pride and follow Treyarch's lead...ps I'm off to Blops tonight and I can see it becoming a regular thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I popped in Blops the other day and had a blast. If I see anyone on I'll jump in for a bit for sure. Not giving up on MW3, but it was nice to get back to familiar and mostly good times for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 pm

I had a good time yesterday...but today it's been frustrating as hell...the sound comes and goes, some days better than others. Today I couldn't hear anybody and I'm shotting rubber bullets...ugh...I'm all for popping in some blops...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:32 pm

I know what you mean. I'm really starting to dislike MW3 more and more. This game is supposed to be for fun and I am more stressed out durring and after playing it. If they don't fix the connection issues I can't see myself playing this game very long at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:58 pm

richm1975 wrote:
MW3 and Elite were supposedly big in to the clan aspect but they seriously need to swallow their pride and follow Treyarch's lead

I've been saying this since release night. IW took NONE of the good from BO. MW3 is not geared towards team play at all considering the spawns are all over the place and we can't hear each other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:00 pm

I am considering renting BF3 this week. The game actually seems more geared to a group like us... I just have never been a big BF fan so we'll see...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 7:13 pm

I bought BF3 the day it came out, played it 3 times, persoanlly I find it confusing as hell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 pm

this is what happened, they developed mw3 made it a "fast paced" multiplayer exp game, what that in turn means is that mw3 is not geared for team tactics, once they realized this they created this crap called elite and got all of us to buy into it. The 1 has been trying to set up this clan on elite and most of us cannot join because it does not work....
but i guess we are the suckers as we keep buying ing these new releases every year...and we will all do it again next year....and yes i miss the chatting in the lobbies making fun of our wives
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:17 am

As much as I don't want to admit it, a lot of you are right. The pace of MW3 does not lend itself to team work and tactics. It is a run and gun solo player game with cannon fodder for team mates.

I miss Blops a bit for the communication and map control we were able to gain. Call spawn trapping cheap or not, it is in the game and achieved by team work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:28 am

Im not going anywhere but i might give BF3 a try sometime coming up. Like i said i feel like im stuck having to play this now since i sunk $100 into it and have a almost a year subscription left. As far as hoping to patch or fix the chat its just not going to happen. Its made that way to help reduce lag and basically IW thinks they are never wrong and that there are no problems. I had planned on buying the Sony headset right after getting this game but have put it off since seeing how terrible the chat is. As far as gameplay wise i ran some dom with Savvy,Audio,Sicarius,Zombie and Bee and i dont think we lost a match all night. I had some good games but i just didnt have as much "fun" as i should have had. Its tough since you're playing and making callouts but not sure if anyone is even hearing them. I guess i could get used to the chat sound but it cuts in and out so damn much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:44 am

Sadly I have to agree. I havent had as much fun as I had with my 30 brethren that I had in Black ops. Chasing The1 around with tomahawks cocked, listening to others bs about dying killing and the other banter. Just doesnt feel the same. Alot of screaming and ragequitting along with some dashboarding just isnt what it used to be. I hardly even turn my mic on anymore because the chat is so fubar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where have all the good times gone?   Where have all the good times gone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where have all the good times gone?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next