Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Hot Christmas Gifts

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Hot Christmas Gifts Empty
PostSubject: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Well, my wife and I have almost finished our Christmas shopping this year, and what a pain in the ass it was!!

My daughter is dying for an American Girl doll. If you have not the "pleasure" to be familiar with this whole scam count yourselves lucky. The F'en doll costs $100!!! Oh, but then you can't just get the doll you have to get a pet, earrings for the doll, outfits, etc. They even make matching outfits for the doll and your kid. What a freakin nightmare. Then she wanted these things called Xia-Xia's. Trying to find these things turned out to be waay more difficult then it should.

Anybody else enjoying the Christmas shopping experience too?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Soo happy to be single and childless at the holidays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:39 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
Soo happy to be single and childless at the holidays.

Yeah, but I must admit that seeing my kids faces on Christmas morning is one of the greatest things ever. It is pure magic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Olmf - I just got back from a weekend trip to NYC and my daughter REALLY wanted to go the American Girl store there...so I dragged that damn $100 paperweight through a billion people on the streets of NYC for the pleasure of waiting in a long ass line to just get into the store...then it was three levels of pure hell, of course she was thrilled and good old Dad was a lot lighter in the wallet after buying a pet dog for her doll...the things we do for our kids
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:10 pm

My son loves Transformers which works out well seeing as I love them too. I picked up the Ultimate Optimus which looks completely kick ass and even has the transforming trailer. Can't wait to open it...errr for him to open it! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Yes my daughter wants an American girl doll or a BFF doll that looks like her. I told her that her bday is a couple months aways we can look at something like that for that. She is fine with that for now. My son loves legos, Knex. I just wish he loved them as much as me. I go and build whatever set it is, and by the next day they are destroyed. Looking forward to building the K'nex coaster.

@OLMF, yes seeing there face Christmas morning is one of the best things in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:22 pm

olmf wrote:

My daughter is dying for an American Girl doll. If you have not the "pleasure" to be familiar with this whole scam count yourselves lucky. The F'en doll costs $100!!! Oh, but then you can't just get the doll you have to get a pet, earrings for the doll, outfits, etc. They even make matching outfits for the doll and your kid. What a freakin nightmare.

At least the doll she wanted wasn't one of the "special editions". Then, like me, you get to pay $120 for it. Geeze.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Every year it takes till three am to set everything up because the little fuckers cant fall asleep. Then between 5 and six they wake you up to see what santa brought.

Aside from that no matter the budget it always gets smashed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:05 pm

True. Little bastards won't go to sleep and wake me up early. Very Happy Payback from the way I was as a kid I assume. Budget always goes over. I set the budget, the wife goes Christmas shopping and poof we are over budget. Last year she pulled that shit too. Tried the old "we are out of money so let's just not get presents for eachother" routine. Guess what. I didn't buy her a present. Lord, oh Lord you would think I beat her with a belt daily the way she carried on. I still hear about it. She tried that again this year, but I already have the ace up my sleeve and picked up something nice a few months ago. I too love playing with my kids presents. The little one loves Legos. Guess what, so does Daddy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:14 pm

Legos FTW. I have the benefit of a 9 year old son who loves both Legos and Star Wars, so I get to build those big ass sets with him the week after (I take vaca). He's into Nerf guns and airsoft guns too. I've already corrupted him.

My 6 year old has gone to American Girl with Mrs. FBD and her grandmother at least once a year for the past 3 years. I went once to see what all the fuss was about, and never, never again. I drop the girls off and the boy and I head over to the Museum of Natural History or the Met.

Note to those whose daughters have American Girl dolls...the knock off beds/clothes are almost indistinguishable from the real ones. They will never know and you'll save hundreds...shhhhh! Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:23 pm

She told me to order my present last week so I went on amazon and ordered this Laughing

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Technic-Flatbed-Truck-Toy/dp/B004OT6PR0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323890502&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Transformers are cool in theory, but my crew is still too young and bythe end of the day last year every transformer was missng a limb. Grrr.

Legos are still cool and I am glad since I think it helps develop brain chunks that are spatial and they are fun. Now if I can just get them to not take them all over the house...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 pm

We utilize those large popcorn tins for legos. You know, the holiday tins that have regular, cheese, and carmel popcorn in them. Works great for loose legos after the kids are done eating the popcorn. I fully encourage my kid to build with legos. I do believe they are a good development toy. When the hell did they get so spendy? Any cool set will set you back $100 easily anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:39 pm

They are made of angel tears and pixie dust...C'mon Nate, everyone knows that. Very Happy

I use 5 gallon PVC buckets and we keep all the colors separated into individual color groups (yes it's anal, but it saves lots of time searching and leaves more time building.)

There is no logical explanation for the price. If something makes you or a kid happy it's worth whatever price you have to pay. That being said, they are much higher quality than the mega block brand. Those things are fingernail killers and should be avoided like the plague.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 pm

My 9yr old wants an American girl doll so grandpa and great grandma both split the cost of the doll and a ton of accesories. I think the total came to around $250. No way was I going to buy it since she has never been much of a doll girl. She's more of a gamer with her Wii and DSI XL so im going with games and accesories that she wants. Its funny she lives in Vermont with her mother and when she's down here all she wants to do with me is play PS3. She actually wanted to play zombies last time she was here but i said no so we rocked some lego batman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 pm

The Lego games are so much fun. I love playing them with the kids. The only ones I haven't played are Harry Potter. Never got into that series.

I wish they made Lego Lord of the Rings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:14 pm

franread5 wrote:
She told me to order my present last week so I went on amazon and ordered this Laughing

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Technic-Flatbed-Truck-Toy/dp/B004OT6PR0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323890502&sr=8-1

I was going to get that for my son but instead we got a couple of smaller ones. I gave my kids the legos I had as a kid plus all of the ones we have bought them. We have a couple of trunks full of legos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Man, I wish I had kids....I'm waiting....Here's my Christmas thoughts...

For all you Lego fans out there, here's a fun set - Lego Death Star:

http://starwars.lego.com/en-US/Products/Default.aspx#10188

I too love the Lego games b/c the wife will play also and I think LOTR is only a matter of time...the company that makes them already did the LOTR: Aragorn's Quest.

They don't make Transformers like they used too. My little brother has some and they just feel so much cheaper and more difficult (maybe I'm just too old) then the ones from the 80s.

Edit: On top of this, my dad says he wants to get my littlest brother (4years) this Leapfrog Leappad which is like an iPad for a 4-8 year old! They cost $100 before any software and you can't find them anywhere... He thought I'd have better luck in Canada.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:43 pm

I hope I have sons. I hope I have sons. I hope I have sons. I hope I have sons.
I hope I have sons. I hope I have sons. I hope I have sons. I hope I have sons.
And a daughter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:12 pm

I wish I could go back ten years. I wish I could go back ten years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 pm

The only difference between men and boys are the price of their toys...

I tell my wife this all the time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:09 pm

Im glad to see im not the only one who got suckered I into buying an american girl doll. My son is only 5 but is going to be avery lego christmas I think I might need a vacation in january just to get all the sets together. For the lego games fans rumor has it batman 2 is coming 2012
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Luckily my daughter is easy to shop for.
She wants a Monster High Dolls
Dead Island for the 360
Some new cleats
a magic 8 Ball
some Shrinky Dinks
and some Whoppers

I am glad she has not mentioned these expensive ass dolls. . . Because I would bitch and moan and put my foot down saying what a waste of money they were...then I would go buy one of the damn things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:42 pm

franread5 wrote:

Don't we all...best years of my life so far. As for me, I just want healthy kids....sons, daughters...just want 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 am

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:

Edit: On top of this, my dad says he wants to get my littlest brother (4years) this Leapfrog Leappad which is like an iPad for a 4-8 year old! They cost $100 before any software and you can't find them anywhere... He thought I'd have better luck in Canada.

Am I reading this correctly? You're 31 and have a 4 year old brother?

Does your last name happen to be Duggar?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Christmas Gifts   Hot Christmas Gifts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot Christmas Gifts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next