Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

NOOBS: Learn from YouTube

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Empty
PostSubject: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:49 am

CORRECTION TO THE TITLE ~ I think everyone could probably learn something new from these guys, not just beginners.

I hope some find this helpful. When I first started playing online on MW2 I was clueless. Then one day someone sent me a link to one of xJaws videos. Since then I've been watching and subscribing to several channels. Here are a list of my favorites that I have learned A LOT from. If you're struggling, see how the best do it. Monkey see, monkey do!

My top 5 pinned:

Tmartn

ONS1AUGH7

Woody's Gamertag

BobLoblaw1978

TheMarkOfJ

My favorite B3ASTS:

SAM5000i

TheSandyRavage

RONALDINHo1224

NasaOne

xJaws

FearCrads

Other great ones:

B3ndro

Wings of Redemption

Thunder Struck

Lefty643

Mr Dunkus

Mr Ernest Le

ONLYUSEmeBlade

WhiteBoy7thst

Xcalizorz (xcal)

I did a search before hand so I hope this isn't a repost. Please add your favorites!

Last edited by Sr Slampiece on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:05 am

Cool, never really have the time to watch video's [if at work you tube blocked, if at home on killing ppl]. I found the painful way is the only way for me to learn.

If you have ever seen me play you will know what I mean. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Great post Sr Slampiece, i checked out some of these and im feeling like my games improved. Mabey next time you get stuck in a party with me ill pull more of my weight!

If you know of a good vid or have some advice on aiming/identifiying targets at long distance that would help me and all the other noobs here out i would think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:28 pm

Great stuff. I really enjoy Woody's videos and have been just listening to the live streams he does at work the next day. I've tried to make use of some of the callouts that he does as they are useful and I've picked up a couple tips too that I hadn't even thought about before.

Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Delta, glad to be in a party with ya!

Last year Woody did a series of "Dissecting The Greats" where he broke down the top players game play and analysed them. These are mostly from BlackOps but still very relevant.

Here is a link to the Dissecting playlist

Delta, have you tried using the Marksman perk? I use it on almost every class. If you're using an automatic assault rifle from long distance, don't hold down the trigger, you want to burst fire allowing the gun come back to "zero".

If you ever want to go into a private game and try some stuff out, I'm always game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 6:14 pm

These videos are really good, but I have to say, the 100 kill matches are ridiculous. They are playing the biggest newbs of all time. I sometimes get into a lobby with newbs and start the match hitting all my killstreaks and then I'm like, damn, I wish I had Reaper, AC 130, Osprey.

I need to have a Perfect Storm class for when I have a great connection and terrible opponents... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:47 pm

DELTAxDOG wrote:
Great post Sr Slampiece, i checked out some of these and im feeling like my games improved. Mabey next time you get stuck in a party with me ill pull more of my weight!

If you know of a good vid or have some advice on aiming/identifiying targets at long distance that would help me and all the other noobs here out i would think?

Marksman is great. As well as changing your settings to Color blind assist. Everything seems to pop out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:50 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
These videos are really good, but I have to say, the 100 kill matches are ridiculous. They are playing the biggest newbs of all time. I sometimes get into a lobby with newbs and start the match hitting all my killstreaks and then I'm like, damn, I wish I had Reaper, AC 130, Osprey.

I need to have a Perfect Storm class for when I have a great connection and terrible opponents... Twisted Evil

I understand that perfectly. I suggest for those that are pretty average back on Black ops you should try bumping KS up IF you go back to play. I had some of my best games recently. The game has become child's play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

PostSubject: videos   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.I can use all the help I can get thanks.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks for the aiming advice slampiece and jk. I tried these out last night, and went 27 and 12! By far my best ever. I guess there is hope for a noob like me haha!
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:54 am

DELTAxDOG wrote:
Thanks for the aiming advice slampiece and jk. I tried these out last night, and went 27 and 12! By far my best ever. I guess there is hope for a noob like me haha!

Awesome! 2+ K/D's from here on out!
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:07 pm

I hope so, but that was just one game. The next couple we played i was closer to +1 K/D, still much improved from the night before. Smile

if i can figure out how to post a link on here with my droid theres a video from tmartn on a great line of sight on the village map.

Last edited by DELTAxDOG on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:12 pm

That is what I have done in MW3. In BO I used to run almost all my class slots with completely different loadouts dependent on game type and map. I find for MW3 I am running class slots with very similar weapons and perks but with variations of strike packages. I get an easier lobby I have one set up with higher assault killstreaks. I get a very tough lobby I have a support class streak package. My default is always Care Package, Predator, Assault Chopper. I find especially in Domination I can get 2 choppers a game with a combination of capping flags, shooting down air support and kills.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 3:37 pm

I find the helis to be hit or miss. They are so easy to shoot down that they almost yield no kills in Dom, unless you are playing noobs. In FFA, they routinely mop up 5-8 kills because no one wants to expose themselves shooting them down.

I've been running UAV,CP,Bitch bomb and having some great success, especially in Dom where the bomb is an easy double kill in their spawn. And the CP can often be a reaper or better. Plus you can cycle through them faster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:08 pm

I tend to do 5-7-9 (Predator-Attack Heli-AH6 Overwatch) or 5-9-13 (Predator-AH6 Overwatch-Pavelow/AC130). I don't have Support on many classes anymore, because I found that when I played with the Support strike package, I tended to just blindly rush into things knowing that kills/objectives/taking out enemy equipment/air support fueled my streak. With Assault strike package on, I play a lot more conservatively/tactically without camping.

I pick my spots and play aggressively and still end up with a fair amount of Predator/Helis/Overwatch to make it worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOOBS: Learn from YouTube   NOOBS: Learn from YouTube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOOBS: Learn from YouTube
Page 1 of 1