Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Empty
PostSubject: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:52 am

After reading the threads from Fireman and others tonight regarding frustrations with joining up with clannies for games of MW3, it occurred to me that this situation is being exacerbated by poor design/stubbornness from Infinity Ward.

When we are forced to suffer on the PS3 with the IDIOTIC restriction of closed lobbies as a means to join together to play with our friends (and I consider you guys friends and friends I haven't met yet) we end up with:

1. Perceived slights
2. Frustrating sessions on the outside of clan gatherings
3. A rudimentary means of communicating to each other within the game (one directional "invite to party" option)
4. being forced to infer meaning when sending or receiving these requests (are they pinging to get in to this lobby? can they not tell that we have six already?)

IT BOILS DOWN TO THIS. Poor means of communication will always leave us with unintended messages being sent or received.

So how do we fix it? Or rather, HOW DOES IW FIX IT?!?!?

I don't know, maybe they could look at a FPS shooter from last year that their parent company released under the same banner called "Black Ops". Open lobbies made it simple to pop in, see who was playing with whom, agree to split up, reform, tell someone "hang on, we'll pick you up in a bit"... WHATEVER.

While it is true I have ignored messages from clannies (perhaps even Fireman, forgive me if I offended you) it is ALSO true that I have been UNABLE to send invites to some people (you have all experienced this, surely) for no apparent reason. And even when we get into lobbies, half the time I can't hear or understand folks because the connection SUCKS.

The current method for PS3 users in MW3 to communicate with each other is one direction, via a poor man's email system. We were accustomed to using the "telephone party line" method in Blops. We deserve at least that. And until we get it, we will continue to have these issues, IMHO.

Now, let me put my soapbox back in its storage place...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:06 am

BLOPS was nice...a few people pop into a lobby...if it was more than six we would agree to reform 2 parties ...no big deal. With the crappy invite system and horrible chat it gets to be a pain in the butt...hopefully fixes are on the way...
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:06 am

The only solution I can think of is to play at 12am Pacific. A lot of times, it's only Bee_Swarm and me so we'll always join up with anyone online. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:57 am

+1 to you sir...good stuff and well said.

BTW, stop by on BF3 for a while...we have a co-op game to finish. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:19 am

Add to those problems mentioned the issues lately joining parties even with an invite. It has been very bad the past couple of fays trying to either join people or getting people to join.

It may be Nat type.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:18 am

I find this adulterated topic created from the ashes of Fireman's original thread a bit ridiculous without the ability to refer back to his post... My commentary has nothing to do with your post Hocks but having Fireman's thread locked, in my opinion, is a disservice to the free-form ideas and concepts that flowed within that thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:52 am

why was it locked?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:00 am

I'll let myself believe that it was by Fireman's request...any other reasoning is beyond me. I'm sure the keyword as to why would be "butthurt".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 am

Seems like someone left the clan over that topic. Someone posted as a guest so thats what Im assuming. I personally as always think people read into things a little bit too much. Over sensitivity is maybe the phrase that should be used. Im not gonna restart anything from the other post so Ill just leave it at that. This is a community for fun not for anything else. We come here to relieve stress not add to it. That last line alot of people should look at. Maybe its time I just take a break. I really dont understand all the frustration over a damn game, I really dont.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:01 pm

The thread was locked?What fer?Damn I didn't mean to stir up burnt ashes,just voicing a few concerns and opinions.It's freakin terrible trying to party up alone but now with invites coming in, I can't join lobbies.Unable to connect to host.WTF?Yes, if you was wondering,I did delete alot of clannies from Elite Roster 1, not because of the way I felt, just wanting to add some of the new guys.If everybody will take the time to scroll all the way over when they hit triangle to send invites,you will see I'm still on your list .So I hope nobody got offended by this.I'm adding back most of the Originals as well. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Be quiet Vegas, I'm trying to take my break. Love ya bro. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Oh I know Fireman, you're my boy. Just irritated I guess. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:22 pm

If I come to you Vegas...will you let me hold you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Lol Manic. Of course sweetness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:44 pm

So did Tema jump or...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:49 pm

PM sent Mr Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:06 pm

FiremanLFD525 wrote:
The thread was locked?What fer?Damn I didn't mean to stir up burnt ashes,just voicing a few concerns and opinions.It's freakin terrible trying to party up alone but now with invites coming in, I can't join lobbies.Unable to connect to host.WTF?Yes, if you was wondering,I did delete alot of clannies from Elite Roster 1, not because of the way I felt, just wanting to add some of the new guys.If everybody will take the time to scroll all the way over when they hit triangle to send invites,you will see I'm still on your list .So I hope nobody got offended by this.I'm adding back most of the Originals as well. cheers

Well I re-added you damnit...and you better have accepted

btw, the difference with FL and elite roster list is you cannot see when those guys sign on, only FL people thats why I prefer to use the FL rather than the roster list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:21 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:
So did Tema jump or...
Even cylons have feeling you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:01 am

Cylons don't dig censorship and human folly...just sayin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies   Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet ANOTHER post about lobbies
Page 1 of 1