Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Perfect Squad

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:48 am

After running with Kagan, Wini, & N8 last night, I thought the "perfect squad" would be made up thusly:

Recon + SOFLAM - Lazes stuff that needs blowed up.
Engr x2 - Shoots lazed stuff that needs blowed up, lays mines, repairs stuff
Support - resupply mines and Javelin's and shoots stuff.

Seems that we pretty good runs with Wini lazing, N8 shooting, and me resupplying. You could sub out an Engr for an assault package w/ defib, but I envision this squad standing out of the center of battle reigning polished javelins of terror down on the OpFor.

Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:51 am

I gotta get in with you guys, as playing with randumbs has done nothing for me but add to my frustration, spawn, die, repeat. My problem is I can't see anyone and it seems they see me great.
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:57 am

It's foolish to run without an assault!
Guess it's a good thing it's my most enjoyable class.

Realistically I think the Recon could be done without although spawn beacons are nice for objective based games. The SOFLAM has to be way up to get a clear laser view. It's a good class but I think 2 Engineers, 1 Support and 1 Assault is the way to go.
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:28 pm

SOFLAM is fun, but I have my concerns.

I think the best way to run it is when someone has guided shells in the tank. Rounds are ready faster and there is endless ammo. Javelin does not fire that fast and runs out of ammo pretty quick.

I like the idea of 2 engineers so we can double the ammo. Try running the Explosive Perk since it gives you more rockets.

SOFLAM is also hard to find a sopt where you can see stuff. I am sure with practice I will get better. High ground in the middle of the map makes for easy target. Especially since you have to stay crouched while using SOFLAM. No laying down with SOFLAM.

A SOLFAM squad I think needs a Assault just to bring guys back. Support to resupply and kill things. Engineer (With explosive perk) to polish javelins and then shoot them. And an Recon for the SOFLAM.

Watching the vid on YouTube it seemd that they Engineer didn't need to see the vehicle, just put the enemy icon in the viewfinder and wait for lock. As long as I was able to hold the lase...

Last night was fun. The Chopper pilot was better than out littel squad on the roof as evidenced by when he strafed us and killed the whole crew...

More Practice! We need crossfire with his guided shells in the tank.
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:29 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
I gotta get in with you guys, as playing with randumbs has done nothing for me but add to my frustration, spawn, die, repeat. My problem is I can't see anyone and it seems they see me great.

We are on most nights 10 PM EST. We would love to have you. We are having a great old Noobtastic time.
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:12 pm

I'll be on after 7-8CST most night for the week. I plan on getting my game on this weekend as opposed to working on the honey-do list. Smile
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:26 pm

A solid squad is 2 X engineers, one support and assault or recon is a great idea. I like the recon because of the soflam lets the engineers shoot tanks and especially helicopters out of the air without even needing line of sight. It is even nastier when you have a tank with the guided shell. I used that last night to great effect. I will be out this weekend Sad but will be back on Monday.
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Don't forget for you C4 lovers that the Explosion perk gives you I think twice the starting C4!
I'm actually at running that perk on all kits except Recon where I run the Ammo one.
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Nice Soflam/Javelin video!

1 Recon + 3 Javelin using Engineers!

Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:09 pm

embedded it for you. I want to know how they got up there. 1 guy in a jet with bail out and everyone spawns on him perhaps?
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:16 pm

That's one way.
Another is a MAV trick where it works as a personal elevator but as a bug, it's likely to get patched eventually.
The other is using spawn beacons from the base of the tower, committing suicide and working your way up the tower that way.

Check youtube.
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Chopper may have dropped them off... Squad spawning is the bomb!
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm

We need to do that. Looks like a great time. "Legion of Doom, Unite!"
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Holy jumpin javelin's, it's the Kaganater., TO THE ABRAMS N8MAN!

I'm merely a few games from fun things like motars Smile
Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Wow...awesome vid...we have to figure that out

I'm a couple games away from maintenance on the tanks. Not exactly exciting, but it will help.

I should be on later tonight 930ish est. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Perfect Squad Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Squad   The Perfect Squad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Perfect Squad
Page 1 of 1