Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Playstation 3......ugh

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Playstation  3......ugh Empty
PostSubject: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:27 am

deleted......my bad

Last edited by FightingOkra75 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:34 am

Good points made there. You are correct on many of them and I wish they would combine the best of both systems. I am glad you are happy with your Xbox purchase. I will not be starting a console war nor allow one to develop from this thread. Both the PS3 and XBox mods are watching.

Last edited by BigDaddyN8 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:35 am

hahaha...as a ps3'er I definitely hear you on the chat/pary issue...it sucks and is easily our biggest complaint about this game...on blops it wasn't bad because the lobbies were open and you could just jump into a party...but the invite and message system sucks.

The idea of using two accounts at one time is kinda nice...never even thought of that. So do you often see people playing the same account on split screen then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:37 am

You forgot how we have to duck into bushes to respond to hand typed messages with our own hand typed messages.

I really miss voice messaging.

I do like that at any time I could start a new account with out having to shell out the cash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 am

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Good points made there. You are correct on many of them and I wish they would combine the best of both systems. I am glad you are happy with your Xbox purchase. I will not be starting a console war nor allow one to develop from this thread. As you are aware we just had a discussion of console wars and you are entitled to your opinion, but another console dick comparing contest won't fly here.

Thanks for posting this N8 (I was thinking the same thing). Last thing we need is another thread that blows up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:44 am

I deleted it. My bad.

On using two accounts, I have two sons that I game with and being able to have multiple live accounts logged in at the same time is awesome.

The boys love to play CoD and Halo with Dad. On Halo, you can have 4 people playing online off one console which is a lot of fun. They love having their own live accounts and leveling up their accounts online. It makes it more fun for everyone. They get their own class setups and whatnot.

I use that feature a lot to be honest. They also love getting to have their own mics too. They'll log in together and invite their school friends to play Halo (they love Forge) and then you'll here them all yacking and laughing together. I guess you just can't do that on the PS3.

Sorry about the rant. Won't happen again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:47 am

FightingOkra75 wrote:
I deleted it. My bad.

On using two accounts, I have two sons that I game with and being able to have multiple live accounts logged in at the same time is awesome.

The boys love to play CoD and Halo with Dad. On Halo, you can have 4 people playing online off one console which is a lot of fun. They love having their own live accounts and leveling up their accounts online. It makes it more fun for everyone. They get their own class setups and whatnot.

I use that feature a lot to be honest. They also love getting to have their own mics too. They'll log in together and invite their school friends to play Halo (they love Forge) and then you'll here them all yacking and laughing together. I guess you just can't do that on the PS3.

Sorry about the rant. Won't happen again.

Its all good bro. You have every right to post this as most of it is very true I just thought the timing was a bit off. No big deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:48 am

I don't see it as a rant Okra. You were fine with publishing what you feel are the high points on the Xbox console. I just wanted to prevent any backlash being posted that could turn into a console war. It is nice when everyone can see the benefits of each console and not get insulted about the shortcomings of the console that they currently invested in. I wish I could split screen multiplayer with my kid on his own account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:55 am

Another thing that I like is being able to quickly move xbl accounts from console to console.

I have two xbox's in my house. All three profiles are on both consoles and you can play any account from either console by just clicking on it as long as it isn't already signed in on the other console. That is really nice. I need to figure out the "Cloud Storage" though. I should probably move all the game saves to the "Cloud" and then you won't be limited to one console for those either.

I also wish they'd combine both console's best features into one console. I really was considering a PS3 addition until the last few days. I may get one anyway eventually though.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:58 am

Okra you had some good points so don't take it the wrong way. We just had some recent problems that we don't want rehashed.

The problem with 2 accounts sucks donkey balls. So does the mic thing. The party system is ok, but I don't know how the Xbox system works.

Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 pm

I must have missed the previous drama. That's me though, always out of the loop.

Just been playing a lot of PS3 with my brother the last week and getting kinda frustrated.

You should try out an xbox and the partying up system/multiple users system they have sometime. Adjusting to the different controller is the biggest thing for a long time PS2/3 user imo.

To party up in xbox, all you do is click on your friends and invite them to a party. It doesn't matter what game they are playing or anything. You can do it during the middle of a game (any game) or at the dashboard.......whatever. You can party up and then decide what game you want to play and stuff. Also, whenever any of your friends come online then you get a little bubble that says, "The1UrLookin4 is online." And if they start playing the game you are currently playing then you get another bubble that briefly pops up that says, "The1UrLookin4 started playing Modern Warfare 3."

Basically, it is very intuitive and integrated.

Well worth the $99 a year I pay for 4 xbox live accounts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I think if I only had one thing to bring over to the PS3...it would have to be the chat system.

I didn't know that about the updates on FL activity though, since I'm always going to check what others are doing I guess that would also be a nice addition.

Read an article the other day about "rumors" of a xbox720 having flash drives and clouds only for the games. Bill Gates obviously can't use blueray, so he needs another way to expand the power of the new system.
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-720-every-rumour-about-the-new-xbox-937167

I was thinking about buying a replacement for my ps3 (have a old version), but with the new 720/ps4 coming....I guess I should wait and hope it don't blow up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:15 pm

To be honest if I could find a PS3-type controller for the XBOX 360 I would have switched over to the 360 a long time ago. But even if I could find such a controller now I am not sure I would since I have been playing in the clan for over a year on the PS3 and enjoy the friendships I made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:28 pm

I have a xbox too, just haven't used it in a long time. May have to break it out since my ps3 is missing me off.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm

I have a hard enough time justifying playing on a PS3 for free. I can't imagine trying to get the ok to pay for Xbox Live.

But I do miss me some Halo. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 pm

I never owned an xbox as my wife would kill me if I bought another system. I bought a originally had a ps3 that was able to play ps2 games. I have wii as well but I got it for the kids as the wii is best for kids. The xbox is cool as halo changed fps forever but I do not have time for another system. Who knows which one is better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 pm

I saw the thread title and thought....oh shit. Glad it's all good here. I too have both systems, all 3 if you include Wii. There are some system exclusive titles that are just awesome. Uncharted comes to mind for PS3.

I try to keep all game titles to one console and not overlap. I did have Blops for both though and sold the PS3 one. As said, all my buds are on one console. Gotta stay FPS'ing on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:19 am

i got ps3 and wii, i have always been playstation, me and my cousin would rent a playstation from the local video store on the weekends and play resident evil from friday to sunday.....good times.

my younger brother and his wife are die hard xboxers and i get the whole ps3 vs xbox argument all the time.

although when halo first came out we would get his xbox and one of his friends' xbox and have a 4v4 tournament with the systems wired together and hooked to seperate tvs, pretty awesome fun, its almost like a rage mic that you always hear, one team in one room, "AWWW HELL!!!" and the other team "HELL YEAH!"

so i have alot of good experiences with both systems, it just comes down to preference, like sega or N64. playstation v xbox v dreamcast (oh yeah had one of those too), ps2 v gamecube, etc, etc, etc.

why not talk about the real issues.......

chevy v ford v dodge
CHEVROLET FOR LIFE!

bud light v miller lite
BUD LIGHT, even though miller has a self proclaimed "better taste", we are the king bitch!
and who mispells "lite" on purpose, come on!
lol!

Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 am

I have both systems, and i play both on a semi regular basis. Xbox is the better of the 2 in a lot of respects. The integration between my media server is the most noticeable. The peripherals for this system (kinect) is amazing, it makes my wife want to play video games, and it has the most potential for games that I would enjoy.

In the same breath, it has HUGE amounts of drawbacks. I have an older one so i will talk about that one since I am going on experience and how the two systems stacked up together. No hard drive stock, had to wire the xbox (who plans their network around wiring a console?) No Blue Ray, If HDDVD won, it would have been an addon to watch them if i remember correctly. Shoddy hardware work.

The PS3 came out with amazing capabilities, but it does not really play that nice with servers. It is an amazing piece of machinery and when it came out it was our blue ray player, hell it still is lol. Not to mention all the free network gameplay which you have to pay for with xbox live.

That being said, i think for gaming, xbox is the better choice. for better streaming content through your house, Xbox works more smoothly. For Peripherals, Xbox has ps3 by the shorthairs.

The Ps3 is a much better machine though, and can stand its own even with all the great strides Xbox has going for it. Thats why I own both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 am

PS4 FTW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:25 am

Chevy rules, coors rules, wild turkey rules, hot chicks rule
We all like different things
BTW used and aftermarket parts are better than oem..do the cost benefit analysis
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:29 am

zombiepatton wrote:
Chevy rules, coors rules, wild turkey rules, hot chicks rule
We all like different things
BTW used and aftermarket parts are better than oem..do the cost benefit analysis

lol I bought an RROD Xbox for 15 bucks off Ebay, took 15 to fix it. got a 20gig HD and put a 200 gig for 30 bucks (found one that was compatible on new egg for CHEAP). In my Ps3 i changed the original 40 gig to a 200gig for 40 bucks. LOL there are amazing things you can do if you know where to look for instruction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 am

jsavvy wrote:
To be honest if I could find a PS3-type controller for the XBOX 360 I would have switched over to the 360 a long time ago. But even if I could find such a controller now I am not sure I would since I have been playing in the clan for over a year on the PS3 and enjoy the friendships I made.

Dont tell em about our bromance! Razz
Back to top Go down
MANGUMxHOODxRAT

MANGUMxHOODxRAT

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:04 pm

jsavvy wrote:

savvy when i made my transition from for PS to Xbox i used the madkats Mini 360 controller. It was the about the same size as the PS controller and made getting used to 360 controller easier. Just a FYI if your thinking about coming over to play with the DARKSIDE Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:35 pm

I'm really glad to see this hasn't turned into some kind of fanboy flame war. I never understood why people get so worked up about their favorite console. Every console has its place. With the ps3, the games are prettier and can be larger thanks to the fact that the ps3 can use blu-ray, and it has an integrated wireless network adapter. The xbox plays very well with my media server, and has some nifty entertainment apps like hulu, live tv from vios, espn, ect ect. As far as the Wii goes, it is fantastic for kids games, and the ability to back up games and play them from a hard drive is pretty cool. (Not that I would use that power for any sort of nefarious purpose like downloading games or backing up copies of rented ones.) We all know kids like to destroy game discs. My only point in all of this is that every console has its purpose. It puts a warm feeling in the cockles of my heart to see that my comrades also understand this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3......ugh   Playstation  3......ugh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation 3......ugh
Page 1 of 1