Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Ps4 to xbox1 convert
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
    Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
    Google Ads

Hey BF3 peeps!!

Go down 
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
    AuthorMessage

Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks Kagan! Same here!
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:10 pm

WOOT! A new convert. Looking forward to seeing you on tonight Death threat.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Will attempt to get on tonight, but with it being only +1 days since the family got back, I might still be obligated with family time. Smile
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:42 pm

I couldnt put my battle log password in because of PSN, maybe tomorrow night I'll catch you guys.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:58 am

I would actually suggest starting as the Assault class.

1. Start with the med pack which increases heal rate. You can get a lot of bonus exp from teammates healing up around them.
    2. Defibrulator comes after only like a few Assault levels. Reviving is big because it's worth 100 exp and that is the same amount you earn for killing enemies.
    3. Assault rifles. Excellent weapons at mid to long range and pretty good at short range. Most engagments seem to happen at mid range and it will be easier getting kills with an assault rifle than an SMG, although the Engineer can use the M4 which is pretty good.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 am

OK...

so since you just answered my question about "what the fuck am I doing and what should I be doing"...which game modes should I start with and how should I start and carry on to not look like such a fucking NOOB
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:39 am

Conquest is a good start as it's just domination.
    Each team starts with something like 75 tickets (the score). Each death results in the loss of a ticket (reviving with the assault class gives you back that lost death ticket) and each flag the enemy controls results in the loss of tickets (some math thing I guess like 1 ticket / 1 minute or something).
    Team that runs out of tickets first loses.
    Flags that are yours, the enemies and flags currently being taken all show up on your mini-map and main screen like CoD so you'll know where to go.
    You can get spawn trapped by a good enemy team as per CoD as well although I find spawn trapping not as dominant as it was in Black Ops.
    Sometimes it throws you into (I think its called) Conquest Assault. Basically at random, your team or the enemy team already controls all the flags and you defend or attack them. I think the scoring changes a bit too for losing tickets.

Starting on something like TDM might frustrate you as you need a bit of map knowledge and the spawns are a little retarded like MW3. It's a fun game mode but it might make you hate BF3 if it's the first game mode and games you actually play.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 am

I even saw Rif last night. Stick with it bud because it gets better. Lots to learn in the game but soo worth it when it clicks.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:04 am

Definitely start with Conquest. It's slower paced, the maps are larger, and there's more vehicles to chose. Running around in a jeep will help you get a quick sense of the maps, IMHO.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:34 am

Woot Rif! He did well fOr the first time out even if it was in a game of SQDM. Hope you stick with it Rif as the first 10 hours is learning how to shoot and the different things the classes can do
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 am

Winicott1001 wrote:
    Woot Rif! He did well fOr the first time out even if it was in a game of SQDM. Hope you stick with it Rif as the first 10 hours is learning how to shoot and the different things the classes can do

Absolutely. BF3 is much more complicated than MW3, but in the end, it's terrifically rewarding. Allow at LEAST 10 hours of team play with some 30 to give you hints & tips until you make a decision.

I credit Carl's silky smooove and velvety Canadian prose in helping calm and focus me during my BF3 initiation.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:48 am

Yea, try to play with Carl, Anderson and Wini. Hell knows that I would have given up if not for them, N8 and Kagan are also very helpfull but are on at different times than me alot.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:50 am

So here's a question... anyone playing betwee 3-5 Central Time during the weekdays
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 am

MANIC wrote:
    So here's a question... anyone playing betwee 3-5 Central Time during the weekdays

No, a bit later for me, typically around 9+pm CST.

Last edited by MiiisterAnderson on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 am

Manic, I don't know timezones for shit, but I'll be trying a couple days a week about 4-7 EST
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm an hour behind ya brother...so that works. Let me see if I can get Shorty in with us considering his ass just got the game.

Might as well all go in together looking like a gaggle of filthy noobs
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Hell yeah, count me in. I'll be on today after work at that time.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:10 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
    MANIC wrote:

No, I have a real job.

I think he cleans, cooks, and takes care of his kids... He also has to manage his mental illnes to the point where he can maintain a marriage and be a moderatly decent father. This in itself is a major pull on the mental resources. While he does do this with out pay, it may take the same resources as a 'real job'.

Based on his posting here I can only assume that he is hanging on to his normal life by a fucking thread.

I am on a lunch most days... that is 2 EST.. a little late for me.

Manic I think you need to do the following:
    1) learn to live with sleep deprivation. Stay up after the wife and kids go to bed.
    2) Put your wife to sleep earlier. You can try the following: Make her come multiple times so she is exhausted. Give her NyQuil. The night before keep her up with fake stomach flu symptoms and make her help you clean the fecal matter off the floor so she is exhausted the next day and then goes to bed early. Be carful how many times you 'go to the well' on this one since I imagine if it happens to many times she may make you get an uncomfortable procedure to determine why you poop the bed every night.
    3) Fake your own dissapearance and take your PS3 with you.

Death Threat- Check the BF3 for OB thread. We all posted some stuff there that is helpful.

I also reccomend playing with Crossfire as he consistantly posts the highest number of kills when I have played with thus far. he is good at knowing how the maps work. Esp the small maps like Metro and Seine Crossing.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
    MiiisterAnderson wrote:
    MANIC wrote:

No, I have a real job.

I think he cleans, cooks, and takes care of his kids... He also has to manage his mental illnes to the point where he can maintain a marriage and be a moderatly decent father. This in itself is a major pull on the mental resources. While he does do this with out pay, it may take the same resources as a 'real job'.

My flipant answer was posted without knowledge of his current situation. That said, if the situations above are true, then I retract my quip.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks Wini, I'll check it out and a big +1 for saying "poop the bed". I'm still laughing that one up!
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
    Winicott1001 wrote:
    MiiisterAnderson wrote:
    MANIC wrote:

No, I have a real job.

My flipant answer was posted without knowledge of his current situation. That said, if the situations above are true, then I retract my quip.

Look, I am not saying he is not an Ass Hat, because he is. He cant even play video games at night like a normal person. WTF.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Awww...I miss you motherfuckers too
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Actually boys I am working full-time now but I work early hours so my punk ass is all sleepy-eyed by 9pm...wait...why am I explaining myself to you mentraul blood and puss filled fuckos
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Conquest is the easiest to start with. Rush and tdm will kick your ass and get you frustrated with this game very quickly. Join a squad and use them for a combined approach. Solo run and gun will get you killed repeatedly without much to show for it.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 pm

<---Sarcasm meter broken today.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:55 pm

I see a copy of BF3 in my hands tonight....
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey BF3 peeps!!   Hey BF3 peeps!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey BF3 peeps!!
    Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next