Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Empty
PostSubject: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:26 am

I haven't had a 4 bar connection in a week. Seriously. The only time I get good hit detection is playing FFA. I am hard wired, decent cable internet (10 down, 2 up) and open NAT.

Is there something I'm missing?

Seriously, any advice would be fantastic, because I'm about ready to pack this game up for good and move onto BF3.

There are certain guys here that ALWAYS have an outstanding connection. Every single game. I want to know what the hell I can do to improve mine.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:38 am

fatbrowndog wrote:
I'm about ready to pack this game up for good and move onto BF3.

Great hit detection on BF3, dedicated servers, no host advantage or disadvantage. Still has a few negatives but is a lot less dependant on connection. I have tried to go back to MW3 a couple times and at most I can get is 3 games before I want to throw the game out the window.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:23 am

A lot of it depends on where you are hosting. i play with 3 bars all the time and the lag comp kicks in for you at that point. however your network inside may be affecting you. is anyone else on your network? such as someone playing music/youtube netflix downloading something? uploading torrents or downloading them? is your wireless secure? a lot of people leech internet to unknowing neighbors.

Second, are you on cable or dsl? that can happen to mess with your speeds as well. I pay for 20mb dl 5 up and around 5-7 i tend to get around 3-5 mb down 2 up. thats because so many people in my neighborhood is on the same line at the same time.

mainly the issue is who you are playing with. What i mean by that is if you are on eastcoast and playing with someone on west your gonna get a higher ping regardless. i would try and stick to the folks around you if you want 4 bars consistently. As for the hit detection, that sounds like a slow down on your network if it is that noticeable. especially if you are getting 3 bars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:40 am

Agree with Fish, the only thing you have to fight in BF3 is getting used to the controls and pace of things. A hell of a lot less frustrating, I have yet to bitch over the mic or want to smash something. I still play MW3, but the difference between the 2 is night and day! Better on your heart!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:48 am

there's nothing you can do with this shit game to improve anything. I've tried traffic shaping, running torrents, etc....Nothing matters. The game can somehow detect if you're artificially slowing your connection down and adjust for it.

Played with Stream and u4 and others last night and it was the same old shit. On Dome, I died 25 times and had to corner camp and STILL got annhilated without even being able to sniff a flag. I haven't died 25 times since maybe the game came out.

But if i play a solo game, it's almost a decent experience. The instant you hook up with someone more than 100 miles away, it's like we're back in the days of Alexander Fucking Graham Bell.

Basically, if you want to do well in this game, get a 500kbps DSL. The fact that Robert "CASUAL GAMERS MUST BE APPEASED" Bowling has had to issue TWO patches to address the mythical Lag Comp indicates that pretty much all gameplay for this title is rigged depending on how much you're paying for internet.

I'll keep playing it though, until the new GTA comes out. Then we got to get together and run over some ho's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:58 am

fucilli_jerry wrote:

But if i play a solo game, it's almost a decent experience. The instant you hook up with someone more than 100 miles away, it's like we're back in the days of Alexander Fucking Graham Bell.

Jerry, I think we need to try an all EC lobby to see if that makes a difference. I have a blast playing this game when the hit detection is good. It is truly a fun time, it's just like you said however that when you're solo playing FFA, you can rape, but get someone from the WC in there and it goes to hell in a handbasket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:00 am

I thought wired was really the only thing you could do to "improve" your connection, outside of upgrading your internet package. And you're wired so....Mw3 sucks donkey balls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:20 am

carlmuir wrote:
I thought wired was really the only thing you could do to "improve" your connection, outside of upgrading your internet package. And you're wired so....Mw3 sucks donkey balls.

I don't get how EA can get such widely-praised gameplay from BF3 when it also uses p2p connections and no dedicated servers. Meanwhile, IW and Activision use a Karl Marx approach to ensure that all gamers have identical shitty experiences, use identical shitty weapons, and generally have an identical shitty time, lol.

But I can't pick up BF3. One of these damn genre-games is enough. My wife will divorce me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am

^ Amen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 pm

I think until IW fixes shit we should run clan tags that are just EC, WC, etc with no 30 in it so we know who is where and can party up regionally. I know it is difficult to pull this off but it is a thought.

Knowing my ADD I will not care once I get in the game and just party up with whoever but its something to consider.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 pm

jsavvy wrote:
I think until IW fixes shit we should run clan tags that are just EC, WC, etc with no 30 in it so we know who is where and can party up regionally. I know it is difficult to pull this off but it is a thought.

Knowing my ADD I will not care once I get in the game and just party up with whoever but its something to consider.

Under ideal circumstances this would at the least be a good experiment. I think we should commit to trying this for a week to see if it improves anything. It certainly can't hurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:40 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
jsavvy wrote:

Under ideal circumstances this would at the least be a good experiment. I think we should commit to trying this for a week to see if it improves anything. It certainly can't hurt.

I'll do it (EC30) starting tonight.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:07 pm

carlmuir wrote:

how would that help? on a wireless G connection you have 54mb to work with. even with crosstalk you should be getting near 35-40mb and most of our internet connections are in the 20mb down. your still not topping off. if you have above 54mb internet speed chances are you are running wireless N which is at lowest 100mb and bypasses a lot of crosstalk due to the RF that its working on. wired vs wireless is kind of moot at this point
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm

I have the best connection that you can buy. But this shit is getting worse and worse some add clown with dial up connection will have no lagg. I think we should bring back wc ec and ce clan tags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:38 am

pariah_81 wrote:
carlmuir wrote:

how would that help? on a wireless G connection you have 54mb to work with. even with crosstalk you should be getting near 35-40mb and most of our internet connections are in the 20mb down. your still not topping off. if you have above 54mb internet speed chances are you are running wireless N which is at lowest 100mb and bypasses a lot of crosstalk due to the RF that its working on. wired vs wireless is kind of moot at this point

Won't wireless still have more collisions and corrupt packets due to interference and other wireless networks on similar channels and frequencies? Anyone in my neighbourhood with the same ISP will have the same new fancy modem/router combo with identical default settings. Basically an RF orgy. I've tried wired and wireless without moving my PS3 and even with 100% SS the wired was more stable.
I've got the 50/3 broadband and still have the same 3 bars I had with 15/1. The only difference is the thickness of my wallet.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:48 am

it will if they are near eachother. for instance if you put a phone right by your ps3 you wont be able to play if they are on the same frequency. usually 2.4g is the frequency that everything wireless is on. N is a little different though. What you are thinking is your RF will intermingle with the others. This is crosstalk. it does muddle it up a little bit, but nothing to the point of not getting your signal clearly.

The biggest issue that would give you an issue with wireless is other cables and appliances in your house. Microwaves, Metal in general hurts your signal. The saving grace is even with all of these issues, unless you are going over 35-50mb download you arent going to see a difference with a regular Wireless G router. and in gaming, you should not notice a difference unless you are doing heavy downloading of files or heavy uploading of files. The UDP packets are not very big, and with connectionless packets you can miss one or 2 and still have the connection. Although everyone else is going to hate you. Think the guy that skips all over the place in matches. He has a shitty connection but he is missing UDP packets or getting errors in his connection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?   What factors are involved with getting a good connection?  Help? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What factors are involved with getting a good connection? Help?
Page 1 of 1