Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Empty
PostSubject: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:45 am

Last night I wanted to get the 1000xp for 5 handgun kills, and figured I'd knock it out right quick before I went to bed. Wrong. What a nightmare. Took far too long into the game, and my stats were crap. Plus, I wasn't doing my best to help the team.

Audio said it best in the lobby, "It's not worth the 1000xp." And that's 100% correct. I'm a bit of a challenge whore, but I need to stop trying things that just don't suit my style. In fact, I'll probably never use a handgun until I'm 10-80 and get bored, which will be October.

I need to just ignore challenges like 50 kills with a sniper rifle, or Kill 50 enemies inside your Smoke. They just cause me to play dumb and careless and get distracted from the objective.

Anyone else affected by the challenge addiction?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:51 am

I agree, it seems when you actually try and do the challenges it's a lot harder. I just try and switch up my loadout from time to time and just get the challenges randomly, you'll eventually get them and it doesn't seem like such a struggle. I'm assuming you are talking the daily/weekly challenges though. I usually don't pay attention to those for the reasons you gave.

Last edited by DEATH-THREAT-HxC on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:53 am

I too am a challenge whore....I want all the titles, emblems and the XP. But I do know my limits...I won't be trying 50 sniper kills b/c it's too much hurt on the team the same with trying to get 2 choppers in one match (I rarely run assault anyway).

What annoys me is the challenges that I know I do but then don't get credit...perfect example is the 3 Counter UAVS (or was it UAVS) in one match....I know I called in 5-6 and still didn't get the credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:56 am

Oldschool, you gotta watch that because if you aren't at a high enough level to have those specific challenges unlocked yet, you won't get them. For example, I got a nice triple kill from a predator in the final kill cam, but didn't have the final kill challenges unlocked yet, so I didn't get the title/emblem/xp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:00 am

Yes, I was referring to the Daily/Weekly challenges.

The others I really don't pay attention to, just get them by playing. (Not sure you could ever actually plan on killing 2 people while airborne.)

I got the Raven one for counter UAVs...you have to wait until you hear that the enemy has a UAV up and THEN launch your CUAV. You need to actually counter an active UAV, not just put one up.

And the 2 choppers in one match will just happen too...just be a little campy and you'll be able to pull that off. It's only 6 kills for a chopper with Hardline.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 am

That's how I felt about that sniper kill challenge the other night. Spent about half a game before I decided "fucc it".

I actually found the handgun challenge really easy, but I've got a pretty fast trigger finger. Running around with a MK14 + rapid fire for a whole prestige was good practice.

Edit: I also have a challenge addiction. It pushes me to try new things, and gives out pretty good XP when you complete them (not to mention the XP you get from leveling up the weapons). My last prestige went by pretty quickly because of it.

Last edited by LOCKEdnLOADed22 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:28 am

Hmm I dont see why that would such a challenge. I personally would have ran the Five Seven or the MP412 Handguns. How come it was so challenging?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 am

LOCKEdnLOADed22 wrote:
That's how I felt about that sniper kill challenge the other night. Spent about half a game before I decided "fucc it".

I actually found the handgun challenge really easy, but I've got a pretty fast trigger finger. Running around with a MK14 + rapid fire for a whole prestige was good practice.

Yeah, I did the sniper one too. On DOME of all maps. What a waste of time. Instead of running with my PP and getting tons of kills and XP, I parked and sniped. Ended up getting like 14 kills instead of the usual 30+, so even though I got the 1000xp for the challenge, I still probably lost out on XP by trying for the challenge on that map.

And I actually gave the MK14 a fair trial last night and I'm now a believer! I need to level it up but that thing with a silencer is no joke. May be my next prestige purchase.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 am

I used to have trouble with single fire weapons too, so I can relate. I used bump the right stick off target whenever I'd press the fire button too fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:32 am

fatbrowndog wrote:
I need to level it up but that thing with a silencer is no joke. May be my next prestige purchase.

Once you develop the trigger finger... Rapid fire + RDS

I don't run silencer. I want people to come looking for me when I use the MK14. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:37 am

That's probably a smart theory...I watched Deoge's vid on the MK14 on Seatown and decided to give it another go. I actually like the irons, so maybe rapid fire and impact will be a good combo. I'm excited to use it more now. Kinda like when you first start dating a new chick!

marksman makes this thing ridiculous. Just aim for the middle of their name and +100 Longshot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 am

fatbrowndog wrote:
Just aim for the middle of their name and +100 Longshot!

That's how I got the "NBK" title. It's the best weapon for Village IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 am

I check the challenges daily, but if they do not suit me I don't bother. 50 kills in smoke is not easy, even with thermal scope. Some challenges can be completed easier on different game modes. The pistol one I would have done in HC FFA or HC TDM.

"Airbourne" can be achieved by getting two kills in a row while standing in the back a truck, like on Bakaara looking from B to A.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:47 am

audiopile wrote:
"Airbourne" can be achieved by getting two kills in a row while standing in the back a truck, like on Bakaara looking from B to A.

Are you serious? That's great intel! +1

Bakaara, here I come. I call first dibs on the truck. And I'll be bringing my new girl, Miss MK14 along for some longshots!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 pm

+1 to audio for the Airborne tip.

All my know this already, but it bears repeating, you can't get the final killcam award callsign or emblem in a DOM game. I have ended may a DOM game with a Stealth Bomber final kill, but until I did it in FFA, i never earned the Techno Killer callsign.

As for the weapon challenges... I will often play with randumbs to earn these things. I don't feel too bad about playing KC or Dom with them and focusing on leveling up a gun for points. Because so many x30x's are into win streaks, I try to just run with my aptly named "Crutch" loadout (see below) when playing in a lobby of 6 clannies. Just do my part to win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 pm

Yea, i just gave the MK14 a fair chance a couple of days ago too. Wow!! This thing is amazing! Like mentioned, use Marksmen Pro and that thing is totally awesome. 2 hit kills in Core games is rediculous. 1 hit kills in Hardcore games is awesome too!

I got the NBK title just by happenstance the first match i played with that gun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:45 pm

The MK is badass if you are having a bad connection as well.When nothing else works for me, I go to the MK.I throw a red dot on her and rock on.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 pm

i have to agree, that was the first gun i used a prestige token on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:04 pm

I am huge challenge whore. Just finished the 50 kill near your scambler. I real try to find a happy medium. Between my challenges and helping the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:
I am huge challenge whore. Just finished the 50 kill near your scambler. I real try to find a happy medium. Between my challenges and helping the team.

Same here, although I just equip the needed stuff and wait till I get it. The harder I try from them the more I suck at everything. Mostly I get them from luck, like 2 head shots with one bullet. I’ve gotten it twice now with an SMG. As much as I’d like to say I’m that awesome, I’m really not.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:57 pm

I usually do the challenges that i know i can complete without messing up the team. but i do check it everytime i log on to see what's on the menu for the week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:14 pm

FiremanLFD525 wrote:
The MK is badass if you are having a bad connection as well.When nothing else works for me, I go to the MK.I throw a red dot on her and rock on.

Maybe that's why I like it so much (with my > 150 ms pings), and spent a token on it. I used it 95% of the time last prestige. Having just pushed the button for the 2nd time, I feel I should get out of my rut and go for some more variety. I discovered I'm close to a 10,000 XP challenge for the M4A1, so I'm going go with that for a little while, then decide what to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:17 pm

I went into Hardcore TDM and played one game and got that challenge. I'd switch to a handgun secondary anytime I got behind a player and used it to kill. Otherwise I used the primary and thus no negative impact to my game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:24 pm

+1 to you audio for the tip! isn't there a truck on Mission too also by B though much more likely to get nailed there...

Thanks for that advice on the CUAV DEATH-THREAT.

I'm back home tomorrow! Hope I can get on for a little bit at least!!! I miss shooting pixel people after only playing Wii with the family for the last week (though I had a good time with them).

And yes, I love the MK14 too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:22 am

I tried standing on a car for a 2 kill streak and it didn't appear to work...am I doing it wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing   Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Challenges Are Just Not Worth Doing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next