Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Tips for creating High quality videos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Tips for creating High quality videos Empty
PostSubject: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Hey guys I wanted to give some tips on how I create high quality videos that I post to YouTube. One thing I regret is posting low quality videos on some of my older videos. As I look at them now I can understand why others did not watch them very much or left either no comments or negative comments.

Creating quality videos take time and practice but once you get it. you will be surprised on how much feedback and more views you will receive.

1) Capture your videos with a HD pVR using an easy cap or pinnacle capture devise will not put out quality videos. a little investment will go along way.

2) Color corrects your videos to make them look sharp and vivid. If you look at my Maps videos Liberation and Piazza you can see a night and day difference between them. I rushed to get them posted and did not color correct my video on liberation. You can see a huge quality difference between the two videos. Both were shot in hd and rendered in hd but only Piazza was color corrected.

3) Always render and up load in HD I used avi format for a ling time and got comments like "This is great but where’s the HD" So it made me figure out how to upload in HD and I found it in the Render settings
This video is color corrected but not in HD can’t get better than 480

This video was my first in HD 720 you can see the difference but may have to set the setting to 720

4) Create a Brand /Logo you want to make your videos marketable if you create a brand that people will know you by you will be able to be noticed by your brand " It also helps you stand out in a crowd"

5) Come up with a "Nitch" something that you cannot find anywhere else. When I started I found that no one was creating spawn location videos and I could not find anything on them, so That’s what I’ve used to start my nitch and have been expanding on that subject. and it’s pretty cool my channel has been growing 7-10 people a day and that’s not too bad Smile and momentum is picking up.

6) Come up in an intro and outro something you will consistently say that will make you recognizable. My annoying "Hey hey" is what I use for my in tro and "Thanks for watching and have a great day " is what I end with what ever fits your personality.

7) Be yourself and let your personality shine. < I’m still working on portraying my personality in my commentaries. Some people will like you and you will pick up subs and some will find you annoying and they will pass on by. As long as you are yourself you can have fun wont have to try to put up a front.

These are some of the lessons that I have learned over the past few months but it has been fun and I'm going to keep learning and keep growing.

I am always looking for feed back on what I can do to improve my channel and videos if you have some suggestions, Hit me your options matter to me and if I can improve my content I’m always looking for ways to improve.

You guys are the best Smile

Eddie
aka Deoge /silverback

Last edited by WCFC Silverback on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Commentary Tips

1) When creating your commentaries. Try not to do it all in one take. feel free to pause and think about how you want the next sentence to come acrost. Use your editing software to edit out the audio clips and its also a good Idea to edit out the "uuuummsm and aaaaaaaaaa"

2) Fill in the akward silences ,I make stupid sound bites to fill in the gaps if the audi does not fit the video so i can get them oback on track. I use stuff like " Blast or youll have that at times" or some snide comment to iff the gaps."

3) Have a plan , note down talking points and keep the conversation flowing.

4) Another thing I need to improve on is ask open ended questions. the type of questions that people will want to leave feed back on. This will get people to give you some feed back and the people that are good at it will have there users chatting in the comments. Thats where I want to get and is a good sign of a healty community. < Im still striving to get there>

5) Have fun and enjoy your time. If only 1 person watches your video and cares thats prety cool but when you have 100 people watching your videos thats even better and if you get 1000s it is like wow i feel honored to have videos with almost 6k viewe picture that many people in one place just to watch and hear what you had to say Razz

6) I make my commentaries to be more informational and helpful. I havent gotten in to many topical or timely event type of videos. Those videos will get more comments and community enguagement but i havnt really gon there.

Ok guys I hope some of this is helpfull I know if I knew this stuff 3 months ago I would be even better off Smile

Thansk Eddie

Last edited by WCFC Silverback on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Reserved

Networking tips comming soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Reserved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Good job bud keep going wcfc deoge afro
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:36 pm

I've found your videos to be very well made and helpful! Keep up the good work!

All I upload are clips from the game. I don't have the time to do anything more. lol But all the tips seem pretty worthwhile and useful to those that make more involved videos.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:37 pm

I give the color correct a try on my next video. Which should be coming pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:41 pm

what brand or kind of capture device are you guys using
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Hauppauge HDPVR
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Good tips mang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:59 pm

lol I cannot Spell work a hill of beans Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:32 pm

I'll try to make my next narrated video a little more "upbeat" and I'll try the color correct. just as long as I don't sound like that idiot whiteboy 7th street. maybe something about advantages and disadvantages of tactical equipment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:45 pm

one of the best commentators I have found is JamesEarlPwns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Hey Tube I just checked out james earl pones he has great stuff lol He even has some great tips im going to use to grow my channel Razz thanks Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Agree with pretty much all you said, unfortunately we're saving for a season away boarding in the US n Canada eh. So buying a HDpvr won't wash with the Mrs, this means I'm having to make montage style from 30sec clips. Have been considering trying colour correction, not sure if it makes a big dif with theatre clips.
For info style vids i've decided to write out a script n read it.
Why don't you start submitting vids to the 30tube, I feel we can grow and reach more ppl as a team than individuals. And it will help promote the clan and it's rep.

Also it would help the 30 tube if members, like and share 30 vids on their social network pages.

Silver if you watch my get tactical on the 30 channel, some feedback would be appreciated. You've obviously done your homework
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:56 pm

WCFC Silverback wrote:
Hey Tube I just checked out james earl pones he has great stuff lol He even has some great tips im going to use to grow my channel Razz thanks Razz

awesome. I like his approach, you can tell he puts a lot of time into the videos with the voice over stuff in the background. I saw I made your drop zone video, I feel famous Basketball
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:41 am

hmm some of those suggestions look familiar ;P

it would take me days to upload a HD vid to YT lol - damn there goes my chance at interwebs fame Sad

can you get famous just posting smart ass remarks on forums? there has to be a market for that
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for creating High quality videos   Tips for creating High quality videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for creating High quality videos
Page 1 of 1