Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs

Go down 
+5
TripleAce Andy
EstimatdProphet
Doamne01
NukeLaCoog
TheCanisDirus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Empty
PostSubject: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:15 am

As i'm sure many of you guys heard that M$ was caught using HP PCs running Windows 7 with high end Nvidia GTX cards at E3.  Well they've finally responded (pretty brashly too) and called them their Dev kits.  Which we knew they would.  Now, running games on PCs with comparible components (as identical to the console as possible) and specs is nothing new at E3 before a console launch; however, M$ ran One games on computers MUCH more powerful than the One! 
 [url=javascript:void(0)]M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs _1371234169[/url]

So the Xbox One runs Windows 8 and uses an AMD APU/GPU... but the PCs they are claiming as Dev kits are running Windows 7(more stable than 8 of course) and Nvidia GTX 780 cards ($700 card)!!! Christ M$... c'mon now 

[url=javascript:void(0)]M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs _1371583918[/url]

-From the article
"Regardless, Microsoft has spoken and if they say that Windows 7 PCs with Nvidia GTX cards are dev kits for the Xbox One, then they're dev kits for the Xbox One. Just don't expect Xbox One games to look remotely similar when they actually launch for the console, given that they were running on a card that costs more than the system itself and is more powerful than both the Xbox One and PS4 combined."

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards?!
M$ responds to W7 PC scandal

And while M$ decieved... Sony used actual PS4 consoles and real identical spec Dev Kits to show all of their games and demos at E3.

-Jonathan Blow commented on it.
“It is not true as the article says that “all E3 demos run on hi-end PCs”... The Witness was running on PS4 dev hardware, and it looked to me like all the other PS4 games were running on dev kits as well.”
Dev hardware is the hardware that will be in the final retail box, but in a less consumer-oriented package.

All the indies I know were running on the PS4.

We worked very hard to get our game running on the actual PS4 hardware and operating system in time for the show. As did many other devs. That is kind of crazy considering consoles are supposed to be on the shelves with these games in 5-6 months.

During Microsoft’s press show I was impressed by how good the games looked given the console’s specs. But if they weren’t running on those specs then it becomes pretty questionable.

I actually don’t want XB1 to fail because we need competition to keep things healthy."

Sony used actual PS4s and real Dev kits at E3

What is going on over in Redmond?  M$ really needs to start the damage control!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:32 pm

The xbox is winning the pre-order battle with all this bad press.

Just wait til people find out a few nice things about it and watch the US preorder numbers.  I honestly don't think MS is that concerned with those who are that concerned with graphics specs and what type of video card the machine has.....

MS is after the US living room market.  They've got great ads running on the xbox about the xbox one which is probably what most current xbox owners will watch at least once or twice if they are considering a new console.  The casual market is where the real money is at.  The xbox will still play all the "hardcore" games but MS wants more.......a lot more.

They want to be your Roku and PC that is attached to your tv.  This is why you must have connect.....they are going to FORCE us to try it all out and they believe we'll LOVE IT......or that most of the Iphone/Ipad/Smartphone/Netflix/Hulu+ crowd will fall head over heals in love with it.

This is their plan.  I honestly think it is going to destroy the competition before the end of the next cycle if finished....or, well......we will see copy cat syndrome.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:45 pm

Okra bud... this is simply not true.  Where are you seeing this information?  The PS4 is outselling the Xbox One by a LOT!

Xbox One isn't ahead of PS4 in Preorders. The first run of launch PS4s sold out days ago on Amazon, and as such, Sony put up more "standard editions" (after launch day) to meet demand... Because of this, the PS4 launch spot dropped BC its all gone and the new stnd edt is there.

PS4s are outselling Ones 2 to 1 on both Amazon and Gamestop. And gamestop is where the most volume is. Hell, Ones are sold out there(gamestop) even though they're being 2 to 1 out sold by the PS4... And Sony keeps taking preorders. They are producing much less. See articles below for references.

And this all has nothing to do with M$ faking their E3 games.  That's the real topic here.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/19/4445098/gamestop-hits-xbox-one-launch-cap-ceases-pre-orders

http://totalrevue.com/ps4-xbox-1-fight-pre-order-top-spot/

http://www.dailygame.net/features/ps4-pre-orders-at-amazon-gamestop-outselling-xbox-one-two-to-one
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Not a big concern that they were running on PC's.  But it is hilarious that they are supposedly doing billions of dollars with AMD and they use Nvidia hardware to show off their games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:51 pm

^^^exactly!  PCs no big dea at E3... PCs running an old operating system (more stable) and a fucking video card that's worth more than an entire Xbox One and will run BF3 in ultra settings at 150+ frames per second!?! haha not even CLOSE to a console's power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Gun.

You think you can post a bash Sony topic?

Do I need to remind you of the Xbox love you've had while Sony dropped the ball this last generation?  I'm not being ugly but you can't expect your MS bashfest to continue unchecked on this site.

Then whine that it is off topic?  Please.....

Numbers are straight from Amazon.  Link is posted above.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:00 pm

I've had every console since the NES... i'm no fanboi i love all gaming.  I'll likely get the One too when it drops in price. 

I can't bash Sony... because there is nothing to bash, i'm sorry dude.

I don't see where the Xbox one is ahead of the PS4.  Every bit of information i keep seeing says it's 2 to 1 PS4 on both Amazong and Gamestop.  Linked above.

For arguments sake... then how do feel about this thread?  Sony showed on platform games on real PS4s and genuine same-spec dev kits... while M$ showed their games running on gaming beasts.  Thoughts?  See why i can't bash Sony about this?
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:05 pm

^^^Totally no hard feelings at all buddy either way!  Just good debate Smile
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 pm

As I posted on the other topic covering this; those numbers are UK only showing pre-sales before the E3 event happened. I'm not bashing MS, I'm just not a fan of their new console.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Back to top Go down
EstimatdProphet

EstimatdProphet

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:49 pm

I use my Xbox to play games. This is really telling and makes me think more and more MS is going for the lowest common denominator with the Xbox One (it's that phenomenon that gets us Home Decorating Wars and Honey Boo on the Learning Channel started by NASA). The fact they had to run very high end PC hardware to show off the graphics power of the Xbox One is a HUGE red flag for me. I haven't looked at the hardware specs of both machines. But from what I gather, the PS4 will be a more powerful gaming platform. I love my Xbox 360 and Xbox Live with Hulu, etc. If I could afford it I'd go high end gaming PC (a must for good flight sims and other games) and get the Xbox One more for entertainment sake. But if I can only afford one, it's looking PS4 to me more and more.

I'm lazy, any links to reputable hardware comparisons between the two consoles?
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:51 pm

^^^Okra, yup i actually just sent that one to Jay earlier lol.  PS4 is being preordered up quick... but doesn't for a minute mean Xbox one will not sell or is doomed. You're right.. it's only the begining... we still have 6 months lol.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Yeah, "the cloud" in terms of additional computing power that will make a noticible difference in gaming... seems to be years and years out.  It's a great idea and props for M$ for approaching in the the direction they are.  I think the real future lies in how OnLive and Sony's Gaikai work... running all the computing in server farms and streaming the content to your handheld device, tablet, internet browser etc. 

The real future of gaming will be just that... the ability to buy the "PS4 Gaikai 2.0" (making this up lol) service where i can play full 60fps 1080p BF4 on my PC, Tablet or Console... stop, and whenever i want, wherever i want, pick up on another device as all is in the cloud and devices arent regulated by hardware only input device.
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:49 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
..the real future lies in how OnLive and Sony's Gaikai work... running all the computing in server farms and streaming the content to your handheld device, tablet, internet browser

... the ability to buy the "PS4 Gaikai 2.0" (making this up lol) service where i can play full 60fps 1080p BF4 on my PC, Tablet ...

That would be a huge amount of constant high frequency (energy) data streaming wirelessly from wifi hotspots or cell towers.

foil hat paranoia alert

Before that day comes hopefully we'll realize we can't continue to increase the density and frequency of wireless data streaming to and from everyone's pocket all day long. 

From a physics standpoint it's a matter of chance whether a high energy particle form a cell tower, phone or tablet strikes a DNA strand in the right way to alter it's function.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 pm

You guys do know that devkits and actual boxes are different right?  devkits have to be stronger because of the development.  devkits also went out when windows 7 was available,  not windows 8.  and because it had nvidia,  again devkits had comparable specs,  did you see the nvidia card that was in the kit?  I didnt.  This is just more microsoft bashing.  I thought this forum wasnt as bad as reddit or was i wrong?

@triple ace,  I don't know about physics,  but i understand networking.  It is possible to stream and it is not hard either.  It would take forever to explain how cell data works and I have a little time.  lets just say,  mmos probably will not be all that viable,  since you send packets then wait for packets.  the illusion of full duplex (back and forth at the same time) is because you can send and receive at a very high rate.  for single player,  you should be just fine though.

Last edited by pariah_81 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Yeah i'm still happy with wired everything lol!  That shit scares me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:55 pm

I think the Cloud gaming advantage thaIt MS speaks of will not show itself until year 3 or 4 of the next cycle.....if at all.

That understood, the potential on paper seems to offer a real new level of open world type of gameplay.  Sorta Defiance/Skyrim had a baby type worlds or games.  Where the world is in the cloud of servers and is really, really detailed beyond anything a playstation or xbox on its own could produce.  You are right this is most likely years out though......but not too far out there.  I would expect exclusives to make the most use of this type of system first.

I'd expect Halo to eventually use this system to render some incredible maps and worlds.  I could really see this type of cloud world being used in the next Fable coming down the road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:56 pm

It is getting about as bad.

Bashing games that havent' released on systems people don't even plan to buy......that haven't even released.

It is funny to watch.....and sad.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:01 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
You guys do know that devkits and actual boxes are different right?  devkits have to be stronger because of the development.  devkits also went out when windows 7 was available,  not windows 8.  and because it had nvidia,  again devkits had comparable specs,  did you see the nvidia card that was in the kit?  I didnt.  This is just more microsoft bashing.  I thought this forum wasnt as bad as reddit or was i wrong?
Dev kits are, from everything i've read, exact to "slightly" higher than console. 

From Jonathan Blow, Indie Developer - "Dev hardware is the hardware that will be in the final retail box, but in a less consumer-oriented package"

And the article - "Just to clarify this for people who aren't entirely tech savvy: Development kits are basically a set of programming and design tools to help developers make a game run for the designated platform. It contains instruction sets and code so that developers have an idea of how to fine-tune and optimize the game for the console's hardware. Usually early development kits, shortened to dev kits, have slightly higher or similar specs to the final hardware."

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Games-E3-Ran-PS4-Dev-Hardware-High-End-PCs-56752.html

I didn't see it in person... but from what everyone has been saying, and the pictures around the net... thats a GTX 7xx series... all of which are high end PC gaming cards... magnitudes above the both the Xbox One and PS4.  And Xbox One uses AMD... they're doing Nvidia?? WTF  And the PCs using modified version of Windows 7 vs 8 in the One?? hmmm. 

See pic on first page and links.

Good video explaining

This is all while Sony is showing EVERYTHING at the show on Real PS4s and Real Equal-Spec Dev kits.
Back to top Go down
lokaz_1

lokaz_1

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 6

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Really? The reason why they didn't use actual Xbox one's or dev kits is because of the time it took to set everything up, they would have missed the 24 hr online check in and the games wouldn't have worked duh.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 5:07 pm

^^^ hahahaha low blow... low blow! But good one lol
Back to top Go down
lokaz_1

lokaz_1

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 6

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 pm

you don't thank every e3 for years for xbox or sony has not run off a pc !
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Not to beat a dead horse or anything but... Yes, PCs aren't uncommon at all! What's uncommon is for them to use a different OS W7 vs W8 (b/c W7 is more stable) and NOT use an AMD card, which is in the One and use a powerhouse Nvidia GTX 780 that costs $700, is more powerful than a Xbox One and PS4 combined and runs BF3 on ultra at over 150 frames per second at 1080p.

Multiple editors and developers commented, after finding out their PCs were running the GTX cards that Ohhhh, that's why the Xbox One games looked so crazy good when their specs are 50% weaker than a PS4. Sony ran all of their demos and showcased games on actual PS4 units and real dev kits that had identical internals to the PS4.

It just drew some attention... nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs   M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M$ @ E3 ran One games on high end W7 PCs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next