Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts...   Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:43 pm

So in another thread I mentioned that I'd like to try Gotham City Imposters for a change of pace from MW3. I downloaded it earlier today and have since spent a couple of hours playing the game to get an overall feel for it. My first impression is that it plays more like Halo than COD and is definitely not like Battlefield. You'll want to go through the tutorial to get a feel for weapons, attributes etc. HOWEVER the control scheme is pretty much identical to the COD series except you can't have a "tactical" layout which means your melee will always be pushing down the right thumbstick. So no learning curve there.

You'll start out with premade classes and eventually unlock custom classes. So far I've unlocked 1 custom and I'm not sure how many you can unlock but I would assume it's at least 3-5. This game has a ton of customization way more than COD. You can unlock character types and use them according to what style of play you like. Do you want to be a big and powerful or small and nimble. The big guys have more health and are able to carry heavy weapons easier but are slow and "bigger" means more pixels which means a bigger target area to shoot. The smaller quicker characters are super fast but have lower overall health and are slowed down by the bigger more powerful weapons.
There are "perks" you can unlock to make your character do different things as well as unlockable weapons, special items like roller skates, glider, grappling gun, spring shoes etc, secondary weapons and specialty items like bombs, boomerangs, throwing stars, hatchets all kinds of crazy shit. Guns can be leveled for attachments like sights, extended mags, silencers and camo things we're accustom to in COD.

The gameplay itself is not too bad and will take some getting used to. It's a little choppy do to frame rate issues that according to the video I posted are supposed to be fixed. There are a few different game modes TDM, a domination type called "fumigation" and a couple others that I can't think of but I believe one is like capture the flag. I will say it's like COD in that the people that are leveled up definitely have an advantage as they've unlocked some pretty effective extras that can make them difficult to kill without a leveled up gun or secondary. So it can be frustrating. The mini map could be better as it is hard to tell where the enemy is even when they fire their gun and of course some weapons make no sound at all.

Overall it's a pretty solid game and a fairly original concept. Now this game will not blow you away or anything but for only $15.00 it's definitely high on the "wow" and "fun" factor. No buyers remorse for me and maybe some of you guys will try it out because it would be a blast to play with a full team of clannies.
Back to top Go down

Gotham City Imposters: Review, first impression, thoughts...
Page 1 of 1