Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Ghost Recon

Go down 
+4
pariah_81
TydenWolf
walldoggy
Kamea6
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Ghost Recon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Oh, it is dirty....cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:34 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
no they bore you to death with 15 minute treks to the actual battlezone. then when you are looking for someone to kill, you get sniped searching ruins from halfway across the map while someone parachutes down from a plane he decided to crash.

When you respawn you trek across only to find some guy with incendiary ammo in his shotgun hitting you from 40 yards out in a remote spot that no one else is in except for guys running back to get in a fight.

Thats BF3 =P

Once again another epic fail crack at BF3. Sarcastic comment or not no wonder people dont want to try the game after reading garbage like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Alright I'm not gonna lie...I actually kinda miss getting molested by nixon...he's just so polite about the whole process...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:19 am

I keep hearing that "give BF3 10 hours" argument, and I really like it, but it's crap. After a week, I gave away BF3. I just didn't feel right charging for it. The fact is, BF3 people like BF3 (not that there is anything wrong with that) and they have very valid reasons for liking it.

However, BF3 has just as many flaws as MW3 or Black Ops. Vehicles are overpowered, the learning curve is retarded, shotguns are sniper rifles, pixel people feel like they are running in quicksand, and the maps appear to be tailor-made for NOT playing the objective.

I didn't intend for this to be a BF3 rant, but this discussion gets brought up in every topic and it's getting a little old. BF3 and MW3 are both awesome games, and they both suck horribly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:00 pm

CaptainHammer420 wrote:
I keep hearing that "give BF3 10 hours" argument, and I really like it, but it's crap. After a week, I gave away BF3. I just didn't feel right charging for it. The fact is, BF3 people like BF3 (not that there is anything wrong with that) and they have very valid reasons for liking it.

However, BF3 has just as many flaws as MW3 or Black Ops. Vehicles are overpowered, the learning curve is retarded, shotguns are sniper rifles, pixel people feel like they are running in quicksand, and the maps appear to be tailor-made for NOT playing the objective.

I didn't intend for this to be a BF3 rant, but this discussion gets brought up in every topic and it's getting a little old. BF3 and MW3 are both awesome games, and they both suck horribly.

By no means does BF3 have nearly as many flaws as Blops,MW3 etc. I can honestly say this considering i have hundreds upon hundreds of hours of gameplay for almost all the COD games. The so called "flaws" you listed are part of the game. Flaws are things like bad connections,glitches,cheats and such. All of those are huge parts of COD games yet very rare in BF games. Vehicles are overpowered only if you let them be and sniper shotgun doesnt make sense but oh well. Simply put yeah there is a learning curve but there should be. Why should everything be handed to you and made too easy? Where is the fun in that? Its not like COD games that are made for casual gamers which alot of stuff is basically given to you instead of having to earn it. This is my opinion of why quite a few people tried it and gave up. People are so accustomed to COD games that they approach BF3 the same and dont have fun/success so they give up. Funny of how i rarely see anyone complaining about BF3 gameplay no matter where i go but on COD websites/forums all you read about it glitches,flaws,cheats. Now that to me is whats getting old....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:00 pm

CaptainHammer420 wrote:

By no means does BF3 have nearly as many flaws as Blops,MW3 etc. I can honestly say this considering i have hundreds upon hundreds of hours of gameplay for almost all the COD games. The so called "flaws" you listed are part of the game. Flaws are things like bad connections,glitches,cheats and such. All of those are huge parts of COD games yet very rare in BF games. Vehicles are overpowered only if you let them be and sniper shotgun doesnt make sense but oh well. Simply put yeah there is a learning curve but there should be. Why should everything be handed to you and made too easy? Where is the fun in that? Its not like COD games that are made for casual gamers which alot of stuff is basically given to you instead of having to earn it. This is my opinion of why quite a few people tried it and gave up. People are so accustomed to COD games that they approach BF3 the same and dont have fun/success so they give up. Funny of how i rarely see anyone complaining about BF3 gameplay no matter where i go but on COD websites/forums all you read about it glitches,flaws,cheats. Now that to me is whats getting old....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:33 pm

The give it ten hours invite was for Walldogg because I like playing with him and the whole late night wc crew. I thought if I could get one to join a couple others would follow and I would have a squad to play with on late night. Nixon and the others that have a lot of bf3 play are getting off right before i get on. I have seen a couple clannies come and go lately and that is all good. they gave it a shot and it wasn't for them. I'll leave the bf3 for bf3 forums from now on.I will say this BF3 is all about team work. that aircraft with all the trimmings can be taken out by just two clannies running stingers or one soflam and a couple jav's. everything has a counter. if that guy is running a sniper shotgun you have the option to pick one up too or find a location that puts distance between you and them. Any vehicle, air or ground with full upgrades can be taken out with teamwork. can you play on a server with the euk and have four green bar connection? you can here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:37 pm

I am an odd animal here as I like both bf3 and mw3 now that I have played bf3 a while . what I hated about bf3 in the beginning was your team would get push back to your spawn and they would just sit on your spawn and gang rape you over and over again ... and the worst part was they didn't even give you a reach around , that being said , If you play with a squad on their server aka the 30's server where spawn killers are dealt with it is a good game and alot of fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:39 pm

As I can't post in the BF3 section will ask here. Is it mainly conquest played on the server or do you guys ever play rush?
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Uh thanks for hijacking the thread guys! lol And please, let's not make this a rehash of the BF3 vs MW3 conversation. Evil or Very Mad

Honestly though, I am intrigued by BF3 and in the old days, I might have got it to try it out. I'm sure I would have liked it too. BUT... it's not the old days anymore. I only have time for one game at a time and for all the issues with MW3, I'm actually enjoying it more now. Since I'm stopping at the Gold prestige (5th I think), I'm concentrating on getting titles and emblems and hitting challenges, and that's actually interesting to me.

However, my very first online multiplayer game was the first Ghost Recon on Xbox, and so the series has a special place in my heart. Also, I'm a big fan of Clancy's books (at least the first bunch) and I liked the Rainbow Six series too, although I only ever played single player.

Which is why I'm thinking about getting this game. I put the deposit down for a preorder, I will probably get it and hold on to it and see how the reviews go. return it if it looks like it sucks, keep it and play if the reviews and forums come back positive. Also, it looks like it's gonna be very different from MW3. I think a little variety might be nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 am

Sith_Miester wrote:
As I can't post in the BF3 section will ask here. Is it mainly conquest played on the server or do you guys ever play rush?

It can be set up to play rush, It is normally conquest. I play all game modes. rush, tdm (sometimes) and conquest. There are a couple non 30 late nighters that i get on with lately and all game modes are played. squad rush is a blast. would be great to have you join us Josh. Last comment on this thread by me about bf3. pm me if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 am

Obticeo, I don't mind the BF3 comments, but at least bring it back around the Ghost Recon at some point in the post.

And so, are you planning to get Ghost Recon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:54 am

I thought about it but the whole 3rd person thing kind of ruins it for me. I don't know, maybe. I don't have plus so I can't try the beta. I was hoping to. Socom is third person but I didn't play it online multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:12 am

I might give it a go. Looks cool as shit. Has anybody tired Blacklight Retribution on PC? It looks cool. Wish it had a PS3 version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Played the beta last night and hated it. Don't get me wrong i think they did a god job with the game, third person shooter has never been my thing. it does have a BF3 feel to it and that's not my thing either. I much prefer FPS that are arcade style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 pm

I've been playing the beta and enjoy it for the most part. The key is having a good team. A lousy team makes this game 10x as frustrating as your worst game of Call of Duty.

That said it has some problems:
1) The sniper rifles and LMGs are pretty much useless. The sniper rifles are 2 hit kills, unless you get a headshot. Well that's great except every gun in the game kills with a one shot headshot. So you're left with a gun that shoots slow, has high recoil, and isn't anymore accurate or effective than an assault rifle.

The LMGs are inaccurate as well (that's to be expected) but they allow you to suppress the enemy. Basically this means that you're shooting at their cover and if they pop up they're going to die. The problem is you have to continuously shoot to get his effect...exposing yourself hoping someone will flank the guy while he's suppressed. What really happens is you shoot a lot, kill no one, and then get killed by another guy from across the map.

2)The spawn system needs some tweaking. The game does have some spawn protection. If the enemy pushes up too close to your spawn you can spawn at an alternative spot. However, if the enemy team is smart they can hold you in your spawn without getting too close. And if your team is staggering respawns instead of going as a group, you're just going to get mowed down over and over again.

Also bad about the spawns is if I want to spawn on a squadmate, I can't see what they see or at least get a glimpse of where they are other than a blip on a map. So I don't know that they're pinned down in cover by an enemy watching their position. So when I choose to spawn on them, I spawn in the open...usually ducking....and I get immediately dropped.

3)The game has a med kit and players get downed. They don't get downed near enough to warrant a med kit. Most of the time they just get killed. Whats the point?

I still enjoy it and am still getting a copy...just hope they learned something from the beta.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:54 pm

One great thing is We can rent it for 2.49 at redbox to see how we like. Only bad thing is no multiplayer code to play online Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:04 pm

You guys will love this game. I have played every Ghost Recon since the original xbox. The multiplayer in Ghost Recon 2 was one of the best. Graphics will be beast. Ghost Recon 2's were. That was 5 or 6 years ago. The online co-op mission were great in Graw2 and will conitinue in this one. One of the greatest things I am going to like about this, is the customization. In Graw2, you could customize the look of your online player. You can in this also. A twist they are putting into GR FS is the customization of your weapons, down to the firing pin. AWESOME!!!
I dont know if any of you played Americas Army but it rewarded you for teamwork. GR FS is doing the same. Extra XP for staying together, working together, completing objectives TOGETHER. Love teamwork and with the teamwork that we display in this clan, we should have know problem being BEASTS!!!!.
I was worried about this game getting too futureristic but watching the videos online, they did a pretty good job of not getting too Halo-ish. The only thing Im not liking is the recon class (snipers) getting some kind of cloaking device. Thats bordering futuristic stuff I wont like. Other than that, I cant wait to play this game.
Alot of people will have a hard time switching to third person but trust me it has its advantages. You have a better view of the battlefield in third person. Hell, its gonna take me sometime to get use to it again also. After playing COD so long. I accept the challenge though.
Hope to see yall on Ghost Recon FS....too excited about it.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:19 am

OK, so my brother-in-law ordered something from Amazon and got a free trial to Playstation Plus. Sweet I thought! Now I can try the GR beta. So I went ahead, applied the code, got the free trial and started looking for the beta.

Looked. And looked. And looked. No Beta.

DAMNIT! The beta expired on May 2! AHHH!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Cant wait for this game....C'mon May 22nd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:51 am

I have played all of the ghost recon games and now beta testing for Future Soldier. There is only one mode we are testing atm and beta is ending soon with release coming. Really enjoyed the beta even though it was limited. If you are a fan of FPS you may wanna give it a try Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:11 am

It's on my radar. I've started checking out youtube beta commentary and if I can get over the 3rd person aspect, it looks pretty tight with an emphasis on teamwork.

I'll probably wait to see some reviews and more youtube opinions just after the 22nd and then make a choice.

There is nothing else coming out until November (excet automatic buys Borderlands 2 and Blops 2) that interests me honestly.

Already hackers on Max Payne 3 and Farcry 2 or 3 or whatever looks like it might fall into generic shooter land and end up in the $20 bin eventually like Bulletstorm,Brink, Fear 3, Rage, Flashpoint Red River,Medal of Honor, Homefront (which I love), Red Faction and the list goes on.

Basically hard to find clannies unless you are playing MW3 or BF3. All these other FPS are kind of flash in the pan games.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:16 pm

I am going to be playing this tonight atleast to try it out anyway. Something different for a change of pace.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:04 pm

i am picking mine up tomorrow, don't think i'll be doin the 12:01 am pick up thing. if any other clannies playing it need someone to run with, send me a game invite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Sure I will play with you. I know Mosholder will also have this. I will be running with him also. I am not real familiar with Ghost Recon but we are going to give it a go. I really want to try it on kinnect lol.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Never liked ghost recon games but i may buy this one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Recon   Ghost Recon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost Recon
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next