Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Empty
PostSubject: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:56 am

I have not touched any other games since picking up Gotham City Imposters a week ago now. So I'll try not to be too biased here as I was the only x30x who loved Homefront *laugh*

I am completely in love with it. The character customization is epic and while the weapon selection itself is small, there are a lot of attachments and camos to unlock. I can live with the weapon selection because as the "larger" FPS show us, you end up with a bunch of weapons with near identical stats with only slight variations in recoil. You can equip 2 weapons and there are no primary or secondary. You can run an SMG and a sniper rifle. There is even a neat support type weapon called the Motivator that is a megaphone, that you cheer on your teammates and heal them constantly.

There are 3 game modes (TDM, DOM & a kind of sabotage) and quite frankly it doesn't need more. The CoD games have tons of game modes but what do we play 99% of the time? Domination with a smattering of HQ or TDM/Kill confirmed).

One downside if only 5 maps right now with an extra free map coming in the next few weeks via an update. The free update includes some fixes to match making, the map that looks like a fight on the roof of a highrise building, some more costume options, 2 new weapons and a new perk. The maps have yet to really feel old for me though and just help me learn them faster as we arn't rotating though twice that many maps like in CoD games. But more maps would be nice. One nice thing about the maps is that they are vertical as well as horizontal so you always need to be looking up.

Dedicated servers keep lag at bay with only a handful of games I've played having moments (not entire games) of slowdown. Matchmaking can be a bit of a pain right now as sometimes you need to jump out of a lobby and try again, but the patch is suppose to improve this. I've still yet to sit in a lobby waiting for a game to start quite like we have in parties of 6 in MW3 though. One big reason for sitting in lobbies seems to be related to the players though because if a game doesn't start right away, some people will drop out and then the game tries to rebalance the teams, then some people might join or drop out...a bit more rebalancing etc etc...if people would just stay in the lobby there would be a little less waiting.

There are 5 body types to choose from that range from the tiny fast guy with little health to the slow muscle bound tank with tons of health. The body types also have varying melee damage which I think was nice. For me personally I like the more health types but there are plenty of people that kick ass with the smaller body types and are great at utilizing mobility. There are also 3 faces per body type and you also unlock additional voices that opponents hear in the kill cam with silly and funny phrases.

You get 1 gadget and 1 support item and these are where you can get wacky using things like spring shoes (to jump insanely high) and bear traps (you step on one and get kind of stuck in place for a bit) to the more conventional like grappling hooks to shoot across the maps, motion snesors and jack in the boxes (think claymore).

You also get 2 perks that range from the standard "ghost" type perk, more health, more weapon damage to the different ones like being immune to the headshot multiplier for damage. From playing they seem quite balanced.

There are 100 levels per prestige and there are 10 prestige levels and there are a ton of additional challenges for bonus exp like the CoD games (eg win X number of games, knife X number of people etc.).

At around level 30 you also unlock the first of your Psych profiles. There are about 15 of them I think and you can assign one per custom class. These give you bonus exp for certain gameplay styles while penalize you for others. Example is one that gives you bonus exp for team orientated actions but penalizes you for lone wolf style actions. Another for example gives you bonus exp for taking a lot of damage but penalizes you for actually dying. You still get a lot of exp so it's not like you'd be penalized to end up earning 0 exp in a game.

Anyways, this is getting pretty long and thanks if you read it all. Look, the game play is tight, little lag with quite a frantic pace like the CoD games. Good sniping but no quick scoping, interesting gadgets and perks and the ability to customize the shit out of your characters appearance.

Oh, it's only $15.

Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) GCI-Animated-1
Back to top Go down

Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:07 am

Yeah...what he said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:49 am

Just curious, why is it only $15?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Because it is a downloadable game and not a "retail copy" I guess? I really couldn't say, but I can say it doesn't feel like a $15 game when playing it. Because you can also buy a lot of the in-game items for cash as opposed to just leveling up and earning them, perhaps the developers thought they might snag some extra cash that way too? I know I paid an extra $3 to have a little Harley Quinn "mascot" hover over my shoulder and she says the odd thing here and there in game. Mascots have zero in-game use other than looks and there are 3 you can earn on your leveling quest and 4 others you can buy only for cash (Catwoman, Ivy, Harley and Croc).

There is no single player and it is strictly online. It's graphics are decent although not perhaps quite as good as what we are use to in MW3 (sort of) and the nice stuff in BF3.

The single best $15 I've ever spent on a game except maybe my used Red Dead Redemption which I havn't played in months and months but really should. Oh, and maybe Skate 1 because it was a fresh take on skateboarding game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:37 pm

It is a relaxing change of pace from CoD. The cartoon style of it somehow makes me care far less about the results of the match. I like all of the customizations. There are so many variables.
Yesterday I unlocked the x-ray goggles. They allow you to see thru walls and mark your enemies for the rest of your team. Basically a wallhack, but alteast it isn't cheating.

It's only 15 bucks because that is what games should cost. They also try to sell the unlocks for 99c a piece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Thank you for the review. I may have to pick this up. One more game to try and find time to play. Oh boy, I am sure my wife is cursing Sony for developing the PS3 at this point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Ah HA! Micropayments!!!! This is what they have done in MMORPG for years. Model works well. Carl is a great example. $3 for a little bit of code that costs the developer nothing to make. You only shell out a little cash so it feels like a good value to you... here is to hoping that this is what FPS looks like in the future.

As far as I am concerned this is the future of gaming. Who else has finished MW3 or BF3 single player? Not me. I did BO and am kicking myself since it was wasted time IMHO.

Sounds fun! Dedicated servers are the only way to play FPS it seems.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:33 pm

I always finish the single player in COD games before I go to the multiplayer. I play a lot of spec ops and survival with my son too. I find the hit detection to be much better! Very Happy

Red Dead Redemption was/is such a great game. I just started playing it again during a break from MW3, and I may just do the whole thing again. I didn't really like the style of the MP, but the story mode and DLC Undead Nightmare were incredible. I liked it much better than GTAIV, which it was based on.

Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Micropayments, Smicropayemtns. Death by 1000 cuts I tell ya. But Carl's review has me mostly sold. Depending on time, I may try this out. I'm just so used to sucking at MW3 that I don't even get bothered by the 4-30 lag comp pro games anymore. lol

@Wini: I'm waiting for Sony to piss off Anon again so when PSN goes down, THEN I'll finish the single player. lol jk
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 pm

how the hell do you play the demo? i have a gamespy account and everything but when i launch the demo it says logging in then says i havent logged in, there is no where to log in!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:33 pm

lilrif wrote:
how the hell do you play the demo? i have a gamespy account and everything but when i launch the demo it says logging in then says i havent logged in, there is no where to log in!

There has been an issue lately with some not being able to log in due to the Gamespy thing. I had it a few days ago, tried to log in like 10 times and eventually it took. Some others across platforms have had the issue as per the official gothamcityimpostors.com website.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:57 pm

I love the game any Xboxers playen it shoot me a invite Smile
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Tried this game out yesterday. Alot of wacky fun. Also if u r a current play station plus subscriber it's a free download. If any of u still play it hit me up and I'll run with ya.
Back to top Go down
ToxicGecko

ToxicGecko

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:52 am

carlmuir wrote:
There is no single player and it is strictly online. It's graphics are decent although not perhaps quite as good as what we are use to in MW3 (sort of) and the nice stuff in BF3.

You could count the challenge mode as a single player. I got this game free from PS Plus and I just cranked it up the other day. It had me cracking up. I haven't tried MP yet, but I have been chugging along with the challenges to get used to all of the items, movements and such. BTW, I love the little Office Bat guy. He's the shiznit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)   Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gotham City Imposters sorta review/read if you're on the fence....by CarlMuir (GCI addict)
Page 1 of 1