Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

spawn trapping

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Ok guys, I have a question that I need some input on. Im new to the clan and Ive been playing night with my area relative clan bros. I am a demo deathmatch guy and to be honest I would rather get the most kills in a match vs the most plants or making the main focus on winnning the match. So that being said. Heres the million dollar question. Is spawn trapping or locking down the enemies spawn accepted or looked at as a cheap way to win? Im not talking so much like strategy to lock a spawn down Im more less referring to not even giving the other team a chance to take 2 steps before killing them......repeatedly.

Just wondering how everyone feels about this.

Best,

PM
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:04 pm

We would mutch more prefer the win... Chocking them is one thing...but the WIN is the main focus
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Honestly spawn trapping in demo to the point the enemy cant move 2 steps is cheap. I cant see why people brag about getting huge kill numbers in that mode. Ive seen many a video of people sitting right next to a spawn point waiting to kill someone that spawns and doing it over and over then thinking they are the shit since they rack up 100 or more kills. That takes no damn skill at all and i love when these people try to play dom cause they always seem clueless and unable to react to the way the match is going. If there were random spawns demo might actually be playable.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:25 pm

I think the nastiest trap we ever put on is to lock them at the A flag on Summit. And we don't go in there too far or risk flipping the spawn. The match will end with us winning 2:1 and having enough killstreaks to feel good about it.
We don't play alot of demo, and if we do it is to help each other unlock perks, which means cover for plants etc. More guys are getting into CTF but I don't think you can really trap in that game mode.

In short, the reason we play objective games is to perform the objective.
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:30 pm

You can trap in CTF. Not real sure as to how, but I have someone on my friends list and all they play is CTF. I believe it has a lot to do with motion sensors, as of course knowing the spawns.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:34 am

I'm becoming less of a fan of spawn trapping as time goes on but it has 99% of the time been standard practice to do so in the clan.

We can argue or debate the the fact is every Dom game is hold 2 flags and we try the same on other objective modes although most of us have way less experience in modes other than TDM and DOM.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:54 am

its very rare any uk30 group select to play demo just in case we get trapped.

makes the game really annoying and to be honest will rage quit very quickly,in order to fuck them up.

its a shame as demo is a great game which takes alot of team work and skill to win.

bomber
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:15 am

I have never been a fan of spawn trapping, its no fun to start with. Holding A+B and containing them in C then thats fine but if there appearing and your killing them constantly, if I was in the game I would leave as its not right no matter what side I was on.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 am

spawn trap = spawn trapping Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXGBxGXlFGbOA5UMvH1i7SXVdHFdy0abm4aNrC5vPfcEpdzboupg
nuff said
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:42 am

Dave why? I just got to work and I have to look at a curly long piece of poop. Evil or Very Mad
On topic though demo is nothing but spawn trapping hence why we really dont play that mode.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:11 am

As Bomber said...it's a fucking shame DEMO has become a killfest 'cause it's actually a very exciting gamemode.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:14 am

Why dont you guys just play core or barebones or whatever it is? Either with standard default killstreaks or none at all.
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 am

I have and still do play demo, sab and I cant realy remeber when the last spawn trapping was, def a while ago for me.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:22 am

Ogbunabali wrote:
I have and still do play demo, sab and I cant realy remeber when the last spawn trapping was, def a while ago for me.

No it wasn't....Nuketown 24/7!
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:25 am

erm was that a dom game ? if I remeber right. Smile
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 am

Like others have said I am not a fan. I am also not a fan of when playing HQ and having a 240-0 lead just camping the last HQ and not capping it just to get more kills. When I play it is to win the game mode. Probably why I no longer play much TDM, if you want kills go there, but spawn trapping is crap. Its on thing in DOM to hold a team to their flag and not let them get to B or around it.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am

The win is the focus. Every team needs a slayer who has the job of just killing people and earning killstreaks, but the objective is the win. If your wonton killing serves the purpose of winning and you are good enough to pull off chopper/bb/dogs 1.5 times a match then go for it. Me and the other minions will make sure the objective is taken care of.

Spawn trapping Demolition style is the lowest of the low IMHO. I was in a match on radiation where the guys were killing us as we spawned. Literally I ws alive for under a second, not even enough time to pull a nade. F that. That is not playign the game. But if you want to spwan tra like that then be my guest. I wont play that way.

Now if you mean closing off high traffic routes preventing them from getting near the objective then I am all for it. But that is much different than sitting on a spawn and shooting them as they appear.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:10 am

Plain and simple the spawn trapping that occurs in Demolition is abuse of a broken system and I personally don't think it should be done by us. Holding people to one flag is a big difference than what I've seen happen in Demolition as you literally don't even have a chance to move or shoot your weapon and you die.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 pm

This is another example of why I am proud to be part of this clan! Top notch individuals! I second all the replies against spawn trapping. (Sorry, I got a little teared up while reading this and my feelings came through.) It won't happen again..... Sad
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:26 pm

I agree. That is one of the reasons I enjoy playing in this clan. No KDR bull and while we want to win and absolutely dominate the enemy we chose to do so fairly and with honor. When we get beat fairly we are not afraid to tell the other side "good game". Just class acts all the way around. Exploiting a glitch in Demo isn't fun at all.
Back to top Go down

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Good Enough,

I guess different strokes for different folks. I dont usually spawn trap on a regular basis. But to be honest a fast paced, spawn trapping, shit storm is sometimes the most fun to play. I dont mind getting spawn trapped and I certainly dont mind spawn trapping on demo. I think that everybody here agrees on one thing that demo is a kill fest and that certainly has become that games objective, Even if its not how it was intended to be played.
I guess you could look at it like if you dont do it to them on demo......they are sure as shit going to do it to you.

That being said because my game style is rushing or "run n gun". I will continue to do so but I will lay off the spawn when not in demo. Just wanted to see hoe people feel about it here because its happened to everyone at some point.

Respectfully,

-----PM------
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

spawn trapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: spawn trapping   spawn trapping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spawn trapping
Page 1 of 1