Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Xbox Side Growing

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MANGUMxHOODxRAT

MANGUMxHOODxRAT

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 pm

ok as some of you already know that the Xbox side has really grown. So I would like to hear some feed back on this question.

what do you guys & gals think about picking a captain for each division under one general to over see?
Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:05 pm

On the PS3 side we have a Mod for each division, and there is discussion that once Xbox gets large enough that will happen on that side.

JKSteeler and CarlMuir are the goto guys for Xbox now.

But as far as captains and generals, on the PS3 side we are happy to to form groups and play w/o any acting leaders. There are usually10-30 guys online and we party where we can.
I imagine as Xbox grows esp. after MW3 release you guys will have 2-3 parties running every night too.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Snowrider is right about how we do the PS3 side. We're very loosely organized and we perform well in that respect.

Xbox is welcome to run their side the way they want. If you guys want a more uniform organization with ranks and such discuss it amoungst your selves and go for it. Carl and JK have the reins as of now. I suggest that you Xboxer's have a PowWow. If some want organization and others don't, that's fine with me as well. Just as long as everyone is happy and having fun then I'm happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:27 pm

To be honest, I think its been running great. We have just been playing and keeping it loose. I don't really see the need to get on a more structured level unless we are setting up clan matches or the likes. I mean we can all together work on setting up practices and help one another. But for what its been I think we are all on the same page and mesh really well together.
Back to top Go down
MANGUMxHOODxRAT

MANGUMxHOODxRAT

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:33 pm

Thats what I was trying to find out. I didnt know how that works but on another note i would like to set up a squad or two just for clan battles. i will get with JK & Carl on this to seek there opinion on this. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Offical Clan/Game battles aren't for everyone, but if you have several guys that want to do clan battles go for it and kick some ass!

Last edited by The1UrLookin4 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:55 pm

The1UrLookin4 wrote:
Offical Clan/Game battles aren't for everyone, but if you have several guys that want to do clan battles go for it and kiss some ass!

"Kiss some ass".... lol!
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:15 pm

LOL fixed
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm not to familar with clan battles and setting them up, but I just sent the guy for the PCP a message saying we had a few guy wanting to do a clan battle or try to do that mixer we missed out on. If anyone knows how to get in contact with a few different clan let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Those interested in clan battles please respond here, so we can get an idea on who from the clan would like to do this.
Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:17 pm

Once you have a squad together you can sign up on gamebattles.com. It's sort of the MLG of clan comps.
There are clans that use facebook, or you can go to BlackopsForums sites and look at recruit threads to find various clans home page and ask if they are interested.
Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Time for my 2 Canadian cents...

This was discussed early on in the clan when we were just PS3 but growth was really picking up. Some wanted to really break things up and have squads and leaders and such. I personally was against it and still am, perhaps even more so now with experience in constant ground war crews and like 20 PS3 guys on at a time and now with our growing 360 crowd.

There are always a few that fire out invites and we get together. In the group we decide to screw around in private games or whoop some random ass. Some people (usually newer people) are maybe a bit intimidated with sending out mass invites or perhaps arn't sure if it is "clan protocol" and thats cool. By the way, there is no protocol, just invite away Wink

We are a clan of over 30, mostly family men (and women) with kids, 9-5 jobs and a never ending stream of responsibilities. Don't even get me started on trying to coordinate time zones and such.

The best approach I find is just invite who ever is online, get together and blow stuff up.

Too much scheduled stuff that probably 75% of the people can't actually commit to a week in advance (we are talking a video game here and not real life) and some of us being responsible for X number of crew members....I can't see it working in the context of our clan.

We are a lot of hardcore gamers and that should in no way discourage some people from making contacts in the competitive world and trying to set things up if that is your cup of tea. Hopefully some others will be on at said date so you can play or you posted a thread about it so we know.

The only real leadership I personally feel the clan needs (both PS3 and 360) are Dave to approve/deny members as its always been and us Mods as all boards have. Organizing games or sending out game invites is not and should not be the responsibility of certain members unless they choose to take that role. Anyone can do it and anyone is capable.

That's what makes this clan a clan of adults.

Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 pm

carlmuir wrote:

It's worth more down here ya kno

I agree with you carl, and while I 'm not interested in MLG games, if there were 6 + people interested I see no problem with a small comp squad being started. They could have a internal leader, but I do not see that as the way for the whole clan to preceed into the future

Last edited by SN0WR1DER on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:26 pm

carlmuir wrote:

This was discussed early on in the clan when we were just PS3 but growth was really picking up. Some wanted to really break things up and have squads and leaders and such. I personally was against it and still am, perhaps even more so now with experience in constant ground war crews and like 20 PS3 guys on at a time and now with our growing 360 crowd.

There are always a few that fire out invites and we get together. In the group we decide to screw around in private games or whoop some random ass. Some people (usually newer people) are maybe a bit intimidated with sending out mass invites or perhaps arn't sure if it is "clan protocol" and thats cool. By the way, there is no protocol, just invite away Wink

We are a clan of over 30, mostly family men (and women) with kids, 9-5 jobs and a never ending stream of responsibilities. Don't even get me started on trying to coordinate time zones and such.

The best approach I find is just invite who ever is online, get together and blow stuff up.

Too much scheduled stuff that probably 75% of the people can't actually commit to a week in advance (we are talking a video game here and not real life) and some of us being responsible for X number of crew members....I can't see it working in the context of our clan.

We are a lot of hardcore gamers and that should in no way discourage some people from making contacts in the competitive world and trying to set things up if that is your cup of tea. Hopefully some others will be on at said date so you can play or you posted a thread about it so we know.

The only real leadership I personally feel the clan needs (both PS3 and 360) are Dave to approve/deny members as its always been and us Mods as all boards have. Organizing games or sending out game invites is not and should not be the responsibility of certain members unless they choose to take that role. Anyone can do it and anyone is capable.

That's what makes this clan a clan of adults.

I completely and whole heartily agree
Back to top Go down
MANGUMxHOODxRAT

MANGUMxHOODxRAT

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:16 am

I agree with you all and have no problem playing for fun or playing as a team against randoms. But here is the million dollar question, what are we going to do when we do get clan battle invites? Decline, HELL NO! We are going to kick ass! Thats why I wanted to see about puting a squad or two together because I know some of you are not into that and JK you can count me in for the clan battle's.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:49 am

For a friendly mixer on Xbox contact: (sounds like something that you would read on a bathroom wall...lol)

01 - Name = Mandy
02 - Email Address = EnglishRose1962@hotmail.co.uk
03 - Gamer Tag = Jayzee--
04 - Your Message = Hi! ... I'm an admin for another clan (4GC -4gclan.forumotion.co.uk), also for mature gamers (21+), we have around 80 truly active members on PS3 and XBOX, UK and US - would you guys be up for some friendlies at some point? - we did have a clan we were gearing up to game against but their Admins fell out with each other and sadly now they have shut down. 4GC are also laid back, polite, some gamers like me aren't that good but others are pretty competitive. Let me know what you think? (P.S. mainly play Domination and TDM)
Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:50 am

I think as clan battles show up, we can post a thread for it with dates and times and see who signs up. I don't think any of us have a problem though if Magnum (or whoever is into clan fights) takes the initiative like Scoooby did and organize things.
Back to top Go down
MANGUMxHOODxRAT

MANGUMxHOODxRAT

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:32 am

So does that mean I have your blessing to get thing started then?
Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:02 am

MANGUMxHOODxRAT wrote:
So does that mean I have your blessing to get thing started then?

If it is to try and organize clan battle type things or organized get together game sessions, there is absolutely no "blessing" from me or JK to do this. We are all on the same level playing field here. Just because I've been in the clan for quite some time and I'm a mod here, it doesn't mean I have any kind of final say.

I would totally say "go for it" and hopefully we can field a team for this. I would say with my experience that we on the 360 side could use more time together and work on our skills and communication. We can't all be OG and Cryptic kicking ass *laugh*
Back to top Go down
MANGUMxHOODxRAT

MANGUMxHOODxRAT

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:30 pm

I think there is some confusion here. I am not trying to organize the clan battles or any thing of that nature. Pretty much all I want to know is who would be interested and start playing together in groups of 6 is all to find out who plays well with each other and go from there. That is all i am wanting to do and from this will come will come experience, communication and skills. But first we need to find out who is interested and start breaking down into teams of 6 and see what happens.
Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 pm

I know I'd be interested. Definitely check with guys like Cryptic, OG, Frith, marsh and dmixx.
I just wouldn't want to exclude playing with anyone on a specific night because we have practice.
Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm down and have been thinking about this sort of thing for a little while now. I'm am good with anything the clan wants to do, but here's an idea that I had. Lately, we've done a lot of private matches/practice against each other. Whether it be a gang of people playing sharpshooter or dom, it has helped my game a lot. I've ended up playing against many of our players that I'm normally on the same side of. It's enlightening in many ways. It's also fun and less pressure, since we can easily discuss what went right and wrong after the matches in a friendly way. I was wondering if anyone would be down for some laid back "in house" skrims. Like 2 vs. 2 and 4 vs. 4 and FFA matches and/or whatever you want to run. We can run the spectrum of whatever game types and just do it for fun and practice at the same time. This kind of thing wouldn't require a weekly obligation necessarily, but would allow folks to team up with different folks in different settings and explore what works and doesn't work for them in the game. All it would take is for a member to gather a team(mate) and ask for an opponent. Once an opponent is found, you pick a time and date that works. For the sake of everyone else, would be nice to have a follow up post on the results/experience so we can all learn from each other. I think the easiest way to troll for matches would be to set up and use a thread here and possibly in combination with google+ or facebook (would help for on the fly match ups...google+ or facebook post saying, "Me and so and so are looking for a Dom match. who's in?" like from your phone while your playing)

Again, that's just an idea I had but I'm down for anything
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 pm

I down with both of ya Marsh and Mangum.
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:17 am

count me in
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:04 pm

I received this e-mail today after sending Mandy one inquiring about a friendly clan mixer/battle. Funny thing is that ChefHarris74 was a clan member for us and didn't last very long, so this should be fun to show that he made a bad decision to leave.

JK - good news,

WillowStarr, ChefHarris74 or Noble_Omnicide will be in touch.

I don't know if the post said but we're keen on some regular friendlies, the clan we were gearing up to play folded after their admins fell out, and another clan we'd played against a couple of times turned out to be fairly unreliable and too many screeching kids. The USA/Canada XBOX team are a great bunch (I'm PS3) and hopefully we have the same principles for enjoying the game and adhering to an adult code of conduct. Hopefully this'll work out!

Mandy.

4GC clan - 4gclan.forumotion.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xbox Side Growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox Side Growing   Xbox Side Growing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox Side Growing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next