Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side

Go down 
+6
Doamne01
TydenWolf
TripleAce Andy
walldoggy
M4sterOfDi4ster
TheCanisDirus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Empty
PostSubject: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:12 am

A look at the PS4 and Xbox One controllers side by side and at their previous gen counterparts.

It's really interesting to see how the new controllers look side by side.  Xbox shrank their controller a little and edited the already good things to make them better.  Sony did some drastic changes in shape and size and and it supposedly feels great in hand.

The PS controller is now, for the first time, larger than the Xbox controller... very interesting.  The PS controller also looks more "Xbox" like with it's flattend front and larger, more spread out sticks and handles.

I really dig them both!

PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side JSFmGIS

PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side AS147t9
PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side WlCtRPS

PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side A7EiSZN
Back to top Go down
M4sterOfDi4ster

M4sterOfDi4ster

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:55 am

I haven't played Sony since PS1, so what is it like to switch from controller to controller, I'm still on the fence about the new platforms and was wondering how hard it would be to change to the PS4 from 360 should I go that way
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 am

Interesting that the PS4 controller is larger than the XB1. And I still hate the D-pad on the Dual Shock. The XB one is so much better. At least the R2/L2 are becoming more like triggers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:16 am

walldoggy wrote:
And I still hate the D-pad on the Dual Shock.  The XB one is so much better.  
Wait... that's sarcasm, right?! If not, you have to be the ONLY one in the world who thinks that!!! haha that's the MOST complained about feature of the 360 controller. haha you hit down, it activates left or right... or you hit right it activates up... it's such a crap D-pad. PS has had the best D-pads (save for Nintendo).

@M4ster: Well for me personally, the controllers don't make much, if any, difference. It takes me a little to get used to each when i used to constantly go between PS3 and 360... but it was never an ordeal. I never found myself really liking one much more than the other or anything. And now that they've both made what look to be like great improvements... they will both be awesome!

I'm actually majorly pumped for the PS4's touchpad. Developers are using it in really interesting ways so far. Killzone is using it as a flick gesture thing to controll your little AI drone guy. Flick to the right he'll go and do something specific... flick left... flick up etc. Planetside 2 and Blacklight are using similar aproaches where you can program in quick actions. You can also use it as a virtual mouse and keyboard for typing etc. Very neat stuff.

The Xbox one's rumble motors in the triggers also sounds like a very cool idea!
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:54 am

For FPS games I've always liked the hard stop triggers on PS controllers. I have to think analog trigger travel time of the XB controller has contributed to some of my deaths (compared to other players using mouse/keyboard or scuf controllers).

Both controllers look like they've undergone some changes. For my interest I've overlaid a transparent 360 over top of the 1 controller. Both of images taken from the same picture so scaling is equal. Green is 360 boundary, yellow is 1 boundary.

PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Overla11 PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Overla12
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Oh god... they've moved the triggers and bumpers MUCH further away... ok, i don't like that. Idk if it will make any difference at all... likely an hour and you're used to it... but i wonder why they did that. Shifted everything further on the controller... as Sony moved everything further forward haha. Both trying to be a little like the other?
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:28 pm

gun, the Dual Shock d-pad always felt like 4 separate buttons to me, which always kind of bugged me.  I guess it's not really an issue because in CoD, you rarely use it.

FYI, as I understand it, Nintendo actually patented their D-pad, so no one else could use a design like it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:00 pm

My only complaint about the PS controller is that the triggers aren't the triggers (I know that some games allow you to map them as the triggers but not all) I like the feeling of pulling the trigger as to pushing in a button. If you get use to the triggers you know where the stops are so you don't have to pull them all the way in to get them to activate. I also like the offset analogs but now that the PS controller is bigger I think that I can live with that or otherwise just use ONE FPS freak on one of them to set them apart. I do that with the PS3 controller now when I have to use one. If not I use my 3rd party Power A Fus1on controller that has the offset analogs and hair triggers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Yeah and that's what all of the fighting games and platform people love about the PS controllers haha! It keeps you from hitting one direction and the pad registering the other. But def to each his/her own and dependent on game.

Nintendo just has the patent on a true cross shaped D-pad. There may be some other patents they hold as far as internals go but i believe they all used the ruber membrane style buttons. I dont know why... but every nintendo controller's d-pad... even the WiiUs... is perfect.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 pm

@Tyden: Well you're def in luck then as Sony re did the triggers... evidently more range of motion, nice concave shape, still an analog button... so no super long trigger uptake like the 360s. We'll have to see how they feel. So far all the hands on reports are stellar.

The larger size and new spread out thumb sticks will be awesome! Hopefully a perfect compromise between Xbox's staggered and the classic PS together.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
The Xbox one's rumble motors in the triggers also sounds like a very cool idea!

I thought that was interesting as well and would bring you more into the game, but then I realized that I turn the rumble off; at least for Call Of Duty. I'm sure that it would be a benefit in some games but the rumble messes up my aim in COD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:50 pm

I think both controllers look like improvements.

I also think they are now more similar than ever before and will feel more similar to each other than the current gen do.

The rumble stuff is great in games like Tombraider but it can suck ass at times in games like BF3. I like the looks of both these things compared to their predecessors.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:53 pm

The only time I had a problem with the thumbsticks on the DS3 was playing FIFA. I am happy that they made the DS4 bigger because...well I need all controllers to be bigger to better fit my banana hands. The angle and size of the base looks like it will fit better in the palm of my hands
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 3:04 pm

^^^Yeah i forgot... i took my rumble packs out of my Scuff styled modded controllers as it helped my aim a little. Those little f'n motors are strong! haha

Only thing i don't like (or rather will miss) is the mechanical switch bumper buttons on the 360 pad. They are awesome to do just that... bump them quick and move back to the trigger. Rubber membrane buttons will need a more firm squeeze and hold... but i'm sure M$ did that for a reason besides less expensive.
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:30 pm

The PS4 looks like a big improvement from the PS3 to me, I always felt like the PS controllers always felt like little breakable toys in my hand while the 360 felt more...solid I guess. Glad to see they changed it up a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
EstimatdProphet

EstimatdProphet

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Thanks for posting that. Good to know. I recently played with a PS3 controller and it felt way too small.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm curious without looking it up myself (lazy ATM) is what the battery life on the new PS controller will be with the LCD display. I'd assume they went to a larger rechargeable battery. I like it as I never had a issue with the PS3 controller but I have fairly large hands so going to the more shapely design is win win for me.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:25 pm

love the old ps3 controler hope ps4 one is not to big like the old xbox one !
ans I seen the specs on the batter's some where but forgot where !

but we all have opinions !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side   PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 & Xbox One Controller SIde by Side
Page 1 of 1