Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Adios again... sigh

Go down 
+2
Kamea6
Danoma08
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Adios again... sigh Empty
PostSubject: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 pm

After disappearing for 8 or 9 weeks due to my girlfriend and I splitting up, and me not having a ps3, I regret to inform you I must disappear again. My girlfriend knocked over a cup of mountain dew and fried our brand new ps3 that was less than 6 weeks old. Offline once again, and due to lack of funds, I have no idea for how long. Probably awhile. I gotta go drink myself into oblivion now. See ya guys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Back to top Go down
Danoma08

Danoma08

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:58 pm

dang man ; ; I'm sorry to hear that. You should move to vegas win a ton of money and buy another one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 pm

hoffyguns wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Yeah, and the extended warranty from gamestop only takes effect after Sony's 1 year warranty is void, and Sony's 1 year warranty doesn't cover liquid damage. So it's either $150 out of pocket plus shipping, for out of warranty repair or we're fucked until a year from now. We ain't got nowhere near that kind of cash and won't anytime soon. I'm going to go resume drinking my room mates moonshine now. FML.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Danoma08 wrote:
dang man ; ; I'm sorry to hear that. You should move to vegas win a ton of money and buy another one.
If we had $ to gamble with, I'd just get it repaired.
Back to top Go down
Danoma08

Danoma08

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Yea or that... Hope to see you back soon.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 pm

hope you can get it fixed soon, we'll still be here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
Barney_killer187

Barney_killer187

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 16

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm

lets take up a collection, MAN DOWN MAN DOWN lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Barney_killer187 wrote:
lets take up a collection, MAN DOWN MAN DOWN lol

I'd be deeply touched and honored if you did. God knows on a single income how fucking long it'd be before I can get another one. Tax time next year likely. Pour me another drink now please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:25 pm

My GF is nearly in tears and about to kick her own ass right now and was very moved by Barney_Killer187's comment. It'd be more than appreciated if someone actually did take up a collection for us. I'm nearly about to stand on an offramp with a cardboard sign reading "Girlfriend fried new ps3, spare change?"..... seriously.
Back to top Go down
Barney_killer187

Barney_killer187

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:26 pm

id give you a bud light platinum if you were here,

if someone gets it going ill give up some cash, im a once income family of 5, but "can spare some change, JUST a little CHANGE"..... fuck i cant remember what song that is from. something tells me its from Live........ any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Barney_killer187

Barney_killer187

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 pm

I got $10 to start it off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 5:31 am

Dang, your girlfriend is the only female I ever hear speaking during a game.

I have the next $10.

No one, I mean no one is allowed near my PS3.
I have 4 grandchildren that I love dearly but they know not to come near my PS3 with food or drink (even if it is in a spill-proof sippy cup).

In fact they cannot come within a two foot radius of the PS3. (they must wonder what this magical box is).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Sucks Vermont! I didn't even get to play a single game with you since your return!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:12 am

I have $10......I will PM dave to see if he can set something up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:50 am

If something gets set up I will pony up $10 too. That's $40 already. Just need another 11 guys and you are there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:58 am

Sent Dave a PM asking if he could do just that making the goal $160 (added 10 due to paypal fees). I am always down to help out a x30x when I can, we have a great community here and I spend a ton of my free time with you guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Barney_killer187 wrote:
id give you a bud light platinum if you were here,

if someone gets it going ill give up some cash, im a once income family of 5, but "can spare some change, JUST a little CHANGE"..... fuck i cant remember what song that is from. something tells me its from Live........ any ideas?

I'm at a loss for words, and that applies to the rest of you whom have offered up $10 each as well. We live in one room in a 5 bedroom house with 6 roommates and our 3 year old on a single part time income. The only reason we even have internet access is house wide wi-fi included in our rent. We had just set aside enough from our tax return to trade our dying ps3 in to gamestop and put the credit towards a new one with extended warranty, plus buy a copy of MW3. 5 weeks later and Kitten_336 knock over a cup of Mountain Dew ironically in a hurried attempt to shut off the ps3 properly to avoid data corruption before the power went out because our roommates were doing electrical work in the house last night and warned us the main breaker was about to be shut off. In hindsight, it'd have been better for it to shut down improperly than for her to rush to it trying to shut it down, knocking over a drink, and killing it forever in the process. Sony doesn't cover damage from liquid, we established that last night on a long phone call with 800-345-SONY, and in reading the fine print of Gamestop's extended warranty, they don't cover "Failures due to general environmental conditions, including but not limited to rust, corrosion, dust, animal or insect damage. Acts of God such as fire, water, windstorm, sand, dirt, hail or earthquake, civil disorders, riot, nuclear accident, or malicious mischief." This leaves us with one option, out of warranty repair at a cost of $150 plus shipping. I believe we can purchase Sony's all inclusive extended warranty that covers everything for $60 though. If you guys know something we don't, pm me or email me at VermontKindBud@gmail.com. You guys rock, and we love and miss y'all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Never played with ya, but a >30< down...nope. $10 here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:45 pm

P.S.- Gamestop warranty said WATER...not Mountain Dew...wish I was a good attorney...and last I checked The Dew was not on the act of god list
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Stream_Man wrote:
Sent Dave a PM asking if he could do just that making the goal $160 (added 10 due to paypal fees). I am always down to help out a x30x when I can, we have a great community here and I spend a ton of my free time with you guys.

I hate to be the bubble buster, but I'm not going to start a collection for this. I do not have a problem with Vermont at all so don't start thinking that this is a decision made in vain.

We took up money for Reaver and that was fine, and I would probably do it again given the right circumstances. Breast cancer is something that no one should have to go through. But I will not take up money for every little cause that comes up.

I thought about buying a copy of MW3 for one of the Xboxers a while back out of my own money so that he could continue to play with his clanmates, but I talked myself out of it. It's not that I didn't have the money, but I didn't want to start a bunch of sob stories on the site from new members wanting handouts. (I'm not saying that you guys would do this, but...you know what I'm saying)

I'm very sorry that the PS3 is jacked up, but if you can't afford a repair or a new PS3 at this time in your life then in my opinion you should wait until you can. I don't know your current financial situation and don't really care to, nor do I want to be judgemental of you. Times are tuff on everyone. I don't want to come off as being an asshat, but if you can't afford to play you may have to wait until next year to play with us again. I don't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinking that because they are a member on this site that we will buy things or take up collections for them. (again I'm not saying that Vermont or anyone has done this)

We have a good group of caring guys and gals here that are willing to give donations to help people in need. I don't want to abuse that. On another note, not every cause is worth giving to and you can never trust every story that you hear.

(I do feel terrible that we didn't do a donation for IDREF, but no amount of money can replace the loss that he and his family endured.) My prayers are still with you.

Whatever you guys (x30x) do on your own is up to you, but I personally will not be taking up a collection for this. Vermont its not personal bud. I am sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Very understandable Dave, the point you just made was lurking in the back of my mind. At what point would it end? If we still choose to help a brother out I am sure it could be handled on a personal level just as easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:33 pm

We just need a paypal acct to send money to if we so choose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 pm

On this note if is something that anyone would be willing to help with pm me, if not very understandable as gaming is not a necessity of life. If I get enough of a response I can call in a payment to sony directly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:47 pm

I'll support Dave on this one. I know Vermont did not come out with a cup asking for handouts, and it says a lot about those who offered to pay, but this could set an uncomfortable precedent on the boards.

Anyone so inclined can help the guy out privately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adios again... sigh   Adios again... sigh Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adios again... sigh
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next