Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Matchmaking Changes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

Matchmaking Changes Empty
PostSubject: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Soon they will be changing the way matchmaking works to this

Code:
We are implementing one of the things CAPP00 suggested in the next TU (indeed maccabi also suggested this some time ago). MW3 currently attempts to place parties in a lobby where everyone has an equivalent ping to the host. This was well intentioned - same ping = no advantage/disadvantage in theory. However, the transient nature of lobbies, host migrations and the fact that parties are often geographically widespread has caused us to rethink this policy. A four bar connection is always better than a one or two, clearly. We have decided it is better for our players to have control over this by searching for games in the region of the host and use the 'make player party host' functionality provided in the game to see what provides the best solution for them. Why didn't we do this before? We were/are concerned that this is a fairly technical concept to understand for the mass market player who wants to just party up with mates and shoot people.

We'll see how this change impacts the game. The closer the parity in perceived state amongst as many players in a lobby as possible the better the gaming experience will be.

To me this is going to be screwed and make it nearly impossible for some people to play with others as it will be unplayable for some people when they party up. Not to mention being back at a host disadvantage and no one wanting to host.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:00 pm

I was party leader last night and host for some games, two of which I seemed to drop connection and as party leader backed us all out of those matches and presumably dropping a couple party members (we picked them back up). So I am not sure being in FL puts me in a great position to be party leader and pull host...so it makes me think twice about leading for too many games. We will see if it continues and\or gets worse and go from there
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:07 pm

I like the explanation of bandwidth vs ping. Explains a lot (at least to me). I hope the change works. It will suck for someone that is far away from the rest of the group, but I guess it's good for the rest of the party.

Also nice discussion of lag comp at the end. I guess we've all be complaining about the wrong thing? lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeah, that was unusual to get booted from a match so often last night STPR06. I might see one every few days but not 2-3 in an hour. All that technical stuff boggles my mind... I actually have felt the matchmaking has been a lot better. No more waiting 10 minutes for a match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:20 pm

I'll believe it when I see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Something tells me we are gonna be begging for this to be undone after it is implemented.

@NES & STPR06 - that one match we got dropped from that I was a part of, we took a loss but thankfully whoever took over for us carried on to win. So we got a loss and a win for that match on Arkaden. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:15 pm

audiopile wrote:
Something tells me we are gonna be begging for this to be undone after it is implemented.

@NES & STPR06 - that one match we got dropped from that I was a part of, we took a loss but thankfully whoever took over for us carried on to win. So we got a loss and a win for that match on Arkaden. lol.
That's actually hilarious. I actually wish they'd change how the losses get accrued though. I know a lot of the randumbs don't give a crap about W/L but for a lot of us here it's something we do care about.

If you are in a game for under 1 minute...win or lose, it shouldn't count towards your stats. The disconnect loss is a tougher one though. If they made it that you didn't get a loss for that, you'd have everyone doing that just to preserve their win streaks so probably not a good idea. I just hate when I play with randoms and inevitably get thrown into a match where I barely have a chance to start playing and I get handed a loss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Cerebus, they should not pull the entire party for one player dropped, and sometimes they don't. For win/loss they should do what they do with relief pitchers in baseball or goalies in hockey. Come into a losing match, you don't get a loss, but if you turn the tide you can get the win. And same goes if you get into a winning match, you will only be eligible for a loss unless there is a lead change... Fair and easy to understand. too bad game programmers are bigger nerds than us and do not watch sports Razz

Average ping = mexico.

Seriously though, if it is going to be like it was with BO then that isn't such a bad thing if they can maintain the good hit detection. There were not really any bad lag issues with BO.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:40 pm

The thing is that this will again cause host disadvantage as in if you are party leader, you are host and it is going to try to find matches based on you. Although you can switch host by making someone else leader in game. Who is going to want to host knowing they are going to be screwed the entire game. Then you have people that we play with all over the globe and if they are far away then they are screwed also. Sounds like a disaster to me.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 pm

I think the video (audio?) mentions a difference between being party host, and the Match Host. The Match Host will need a minimum bandwith to acceptably host the game, so whoever has the best connection, will usually be the host. Just because you are the host of the party, doesn't guarantee that you will be the Match Host.

So if I am party leader and 5 UK guys join up, I most likely won't be the Match Host even though I may be the party host.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Code:
We have decided it is better for our players to have control over this by searching for games in the region of the host and use the 'make player party host' functionality provided in the game to see what provides the best solution for them.

that is from the developer
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Doesn't mean the party leader is automatically the host, as i read it. Seems like you can select who the host will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:18 am

It sounds like all the tweeks they're making are optional, like they're going to have a toggle. If that's the case, I could care less.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 2:54 am

this should be a good thing. hopefully it will even out the WTF moments.
Back to top Go down
Barney_killer187

Barney_killer187

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 16

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:59 am

this sounds interesting hope it works and doesnt fuck things up worse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matchmaking Changes   Matchmaking Changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matchmaking Changes
Page 1 of 1