Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Anti-Air

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:22 pm

When we're stuck in a lobby with Heli's and Jets spawn killing our vehicles it may be worth having a squad equipped to take out enemy aircraft quickly. My suggestion would be to have either;

- 2+ engineers running Stingers, this would involve good communication.
Decide which aircraft to take out - Heli for example both engineers lock onto the Heli 1 Engineer fires his Stinger to force Heli to deploy flares, 2nd Engineer then acquires a lock on the target and fires Stinger before Heli has time to re-deploy flares.

- As above but with a Recon member of the Squad running Soflam, so the Engineers can run Javlins to take out Tanks as well as Aircraft

Please Sticky, and all suggestions from more experienced BF players welcome. Thanks
Back to top Go down

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:33 pm

This is always tricky to do with infantry. We have had better luck using tanks laser/guided shells. Flares don't stop the shell and ECM takes too long to re-load, so if you get a lock and fire chopper is done most times.

The new reload time on Stingers (faster) means you can keep a chopper occupied solo. You are not likely to kill it, but it has to spend the time and focus on avoiding you shooting at it. You are in a sense sacrificing yourself and your killing ability to keep a helicopter occupied. As an engineer with explosive you can keep a helicopter occupied for some time. If they and the gunner are any good you can only call it a draw as they will dive for over and use the counter measures until you are out of ammo.

After you don't make it easy for them they will generally give up and move on to some other vehicle.

I only suggest this if you are getting creamed by the chopper since you are taking yourself out of the game.
Back to top Go down

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:34 pm

tanks with CITV 3rd seat and guided shells works well. especially with engineer and javelin working away. its a potent combo. sometimes a good chopper pilot/gunner combo running ECM, stealth, and flares is impossible to stop except with a jet.
Back to top Go down

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Killface i made this a sticky for ya
Back to top Go down

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Cheers Scobby

Oh and is the 3rd seat a tank unlock?
Back to top Go down

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:43 pm

yes. You get the 3rd seat unlocked last with the tank. After that you can run the CITV or respawn inot the 3rd seat if it is open anytime if a squad member is in the tank. very handy for taking down helicopters or ID'ing targets, dismounts. Hit R1 and it will switch to thermal view. Lets you spot infantry all over the place to mark for the gunner and driver.

I recommend an engineer with torch run 3rd seat as during battle he can dismount and repair while the fight is going on and add RPG damage to other vehicles then hop back in and continue the fight. I will also dismount and kill infantry attempting to rush and C4 the tank. Whatever direction the CITV faces is the side of the tank you hop out on. Same with the gunner. So if you are going to repair, turn the CITV to the far side of the tank away from the action, hop out and repair. If you are going after the suicide C4 support guys laze them and hop out. Easy kill as they always have their c4 in hand and don't have a weapon ready.
Back to top Go down

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:30 pm

In game. I'd like to see if I can get a consensus on taking out those chopper running ECM.

I've seen a lack of coordination on this, so I'm bringing it up in hopes people will respond to the task a bit more enthusiastically in game.

Even among 30s, I've switched to recon with a soflam but no one took the shot. I've been seeing more ECM lately and nothing makes me smile more than taking down choppers.

1 soflam, 2 javalins? 3rd seat of course. Does the ECM repel guided missiles?
Back to top Go down

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:47 pm

I tried this yesterday with Killface. While it worked a couple of times, with the other randumbs not running javelin (and thus enjoying free kills) it was tough. I usually got shot while aiming .
Back to top Go down

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm totally down for this, I've been trying it with Vegas so one Soflam, one Javelin and it worked pretty well. With 2 Javelins I think it would work a treat, no.1 Fires = Flare deploy. Flares clear Fire Javelin no.2 = BOOM
Back to top Go down

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Kagan wrote:
In game. I'd like to see if I can get a consensus on taking out those chopper running ECM.

I've seen a lack of coordination on this, so I'm bringing it up in hopes people will respond to the task a bit more enthusiastically in game.

Even among 30s, I've switched to recon with a soflam but no one took the shot. I've been seeing more ECM lately and nothing makes me smile more than taking down choppers.

1 soflam, 2 javalins? 3rd seat of course. Does the ECM repel guided missiles?

I'll make it a point to announce that I'll be running recon in between maps so that whoever (Nixon) can make sure and equipped Javs. Keeping at least one tank up with a 3rd seat also allows the use of Javs.

In Sunday's games, the Opfor used soflams/CITV and Javs against us quite well. I couldn't even get a chopper to B on Firestorm without getting smoked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anti-Air Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Air   Anti-Air Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti-Air
Page 1 of 1