Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Strategy Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Strategy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Strategy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Strategy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Strategy

Go down 
+2
ninjesmurf
mwhop78
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think that a team with a lesser skill level can triumph over their opposition with the right strategy?
Yup, Exhibit A: George Washington.
Strategy Vote_lcap100%Strategy Vote_rcap
 100% [ 23 ]
No, it's all about skill levels, like Jordan.
Strategy Vote_lcap0%Strategy Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:40 am

Organization. That seems to be key in Domination. Teamwork. It’s not a foreign concept.

Scenario: They are spawned with the stronger position. Do they win the game? No. Strong teams work together and gain that position, then capitalize upon it. It’s called teamwork, and it’s how the stronger team wins in Domination. It’s not just for the Wonder Pets.

Here are my thoughts. One man is designated as the team leader. He decides how and where to direct the team. This is preferably a man that is one of the most experienced in that certain game. Often times, certain guys may have more experience, but there is another guy that is almost as experienced, according to rank and stats, but has a superior connection and/or has superior leadership skills. Please do not think that I am talking about myself. I have a shit connection and vastly inferior experience compared to more advanced members. I try to observe and emulate.
The key to this team rush is that we *don’t* rush. We work as a team. The guys that start out, ready to go grab that point, they don’t. They sit and do nothing. Why? Because we attack as a team. One designated player has a trophy. One designated player has smoke. And the other four help to ensure that we overtake that position very quickly, and unimpededly. One position, one team. Done.

From there, that team divides into three teams of two. One team to cap the desired position. One team to defend the position already taken. One team to defend the middle ground, which has potential to secure/protect said positions. This is why the more advanced teams run in pairs in domination. It’s easy to follow, it’s simple, and, most importantly, it is most effective. Not just in Dom, mind you. This is most effective in any type of multiplayer in MW3. It’s what I do with randoms, personally. I follow them, wait until they die, and rush in for the easy kill. Otherwise his killer is allowed to sit, rejuvenate, and carry on for the next kill. It’s not rocket science.

That said, everyone works as a team to concentrate on that *one* position, usually the enemy’s superior starting position, at first, provided they are granted the superior starting positions. One wave, working as a team, should get us that position. It’s the only one we care about. Let them have “B,” we’ll get it soon enough. Let them have their starting point. There will be one or two, at least, camping it, waiting for easy kills. Working together, we will ensure that they get no easy kills.

In this scenario, we have given up our undesirable starting position, but we have captured the one that our team leader has designated. Most of the time, this position will be obvious, like “C” on Mission. Half of our team will be rushing from the back side and half will be rushing from the sniper side. We won’t all make it, of course, but we will completely ignore “B.” With flash grenades, frag or semtex, and some luck, we will make an organized effort to assault “C.” We will cap it.

We will have at least one man, better to be two, to defend “C.” It is all that is important. Without it, we lose. The remaining team concentrates on “B,” remembering that they’ll expect you to come from “C.” Flank from the left side and allow your team to cap it, shooting those jackasses in their right temple as they try to flash and frag and shoot your boys. Not as many points, but oh so gratifying.

From this point, we should be able to keep our two flags. A good team will do the same thing that I have just described. This strategy is by no means original. I am only regurgitating the strategy that more experienced played have employed when dealing with our clan. I doubt that the guys that don’t check the forums, or, really, anyone, for that matter, will read this and try to incorporate it into their strategy, but I think that it could be a cornerstone in clan matches.

Teams of two. Simple. Easy. Emulated and effective.
We should do it In every match, whether it counts or not.
Teamwork can negate skill level, regardless of your personal stats or MOABs…

Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:13 am

Good read Cheetos!!!
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:22 am

sounds about right to me...only thing is not to many people like hangging back on "C" or "caming" the flag but it would/should get us a win IF we found our selfs in a game and some how out classed or out skilled.Good post pal +1.
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:27 am

Very interesting.We need more of this...
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:43 am

Hey ill camp a b or c tell me were ya want me .I try to stay close to a flag anyway. Unless some asking for help on another one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:59 am

Nice write up. Since a lot of us play dom a lot we just know where to go on each map. Camping c on mission interchange, is very important. These are very critical points and if they are not held we can be spawn trapped. The most important thing anyone can do is make call outs , this can make or break us. Also recon pro, I almost always have this on, add some flash bangs and a launcher and we just light them up.

I think atleast 90% of our losses are connection based.
Back to top Go down
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:46 am

d711789 wrote:
sounds about right to me...only thing is not to many people like hangging back on "C" or "caming" the flag but it would/should get us a win IF we found our selfs in a game and some how out classed or out skilled.Good post pal +1.

I prefer to stay back and defend (not camp) the flag. The more people that are concentrating on killing me, the easier it is to take and defend other flags. I normally try to sit somewhere where there's a choke point, not necessarily right on top of the flag.
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:12 am

I vote poll violation. Article 56.72-69 clearly states thats boobs or some reference to them MUST be an option in X30X polls......
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:17 am

Lately I have noticed a lack of people running singers and blind eye so it is taking longer to get the enemy air support down causing us to lose flags sometimes.

A good thing I have noticed lately is that more guys are running ballistic vests in the support package which helps A LOT.

And yes there needs to be a boobs option when voting.
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:18 am

good read and thoughts. I find that very rarely do we not play as a team, even when it's a blow out and a few of us have to go hunt the other players.
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:20 am

I'm glad people are thinking about this. Dom strategy has been discussed and followed lots since BO. A huge key is to not flip spawns and that means stay away from their flag. I hate seeing that last flag flashing when things are going well. We got F'd on Carbon the other night because someone took A. I know it can be easy to get excited when it looks like we have an easy win but with the potential for that mid match flipparoo it is better to play cautious.

Good write up cheetoes.
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:25 am

Camping C with a TI is a sure way to victory. Prevents spawn flips. Camping near the home flag is not the same thing...if you die, they can overrun the flag and flip the spawn. You must be very close with a TI to keep them off of it for sure.

Hiding TIs on Village is another way to confound the enemy and guarantee they'll never keep B and C for long.

I personally hate TIs but they can really wreak havoc.
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:51 am

Stingers, support classes, recon pro, c4 all of these help the team out.
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Another thing that would help tremendously is if we all get on the same page with callouts. Everyone knows right from left at this age (god I'm hoping) but some people might not be familiar with the "dumpster near the firetruck".

What I propose is directional callouts. Some people may already be thinking "but directional callouts depend upon what direction you are facing / your perspective". That's why we should use callouts based upon the flag we desire as our home flag.

The same guy "by the dumpster near the firetruck" is now "right side, middle, facing B." (this is interchange if you didn't figure it out by the context clues) From the C flag, that's the right side of the map.

Maps like overwatch, this callout plan works rather well, as from the C flag (my preferred home on overwatch) you have right and left, high and low, and flag references to use as callouts. The room with the stairs leading down where people like to camp B is "left side, low, facing B" and suddenly DemonShroom is murdering that fool and we're capping B with no resistence.

Anyone of any skill level or with ANY shitty connection can help the team the most by making sure everyone knows where people are AND what they're talking about when they make the callout.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:39 pm

cheetos this is a very good write up, i've seen this strategy used against us a few times already. as some of you guys have already said callouts and using the right loadouts for any particular map makes a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:59 pm

You are pretty much describing what the WCLN'ers do each match when we are all playing together.

We all know the callouts, we all know where each other are going on each map.
We know when to converge on a flag, etc.

The diffrence is when we mix it up with non-regular WCLN'ers and then don't communicate with them like we should.

Sometimes I think we are too tired (typically play to 2-3am PST) to keep talking all match, which works out when we are all together.

The WCLN'ers (which include Dark and Earl) typically win tough matches through teamwork, not because of individual skill.

That recent game on Interchange comes to mind when we needed "B" at the very last second and we all converged with our different Tactical and Lethal perks and pulled out the win.

I am typically pretty quiet during a match so playing with the WCLN'ers fits me well.

If anyone is playing with us and we seem to not be coordinating speak up so we remember to include you in what we are doing.

BTW, you are missed Kamea. (especially that EMP about 1/2 to 3/4 way through).

ps. CHeetos, can't believe you forgot to put boobs as a choice. now I don't how to vote.

Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Yeah, that clutch B cap on interchange the other night was awesome. Bee was waiting by the flag for us to show up. He said "wait for it...NOW", I threw down the smoke and somebody (I think Canis) dropped a Trophy system and we team capped that sucker in about 2 seconds. We went on to win and it was a nice feeling.

I like your thinking Cheetos but it's so hard to resist when you hear "losing C" and not go running to defend it and trust that someone else has got it covered. I can't count how many times I've thought "I got this flag covered" and all of the sudden I get flashed and down I go.

PS - I think that was the match on interchange I got the final kill cam by blasting an RPG up somebody's ass and getting a 2-piece.

Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Yeah, that clutch B cap on interchange the other night was awesome. Bee was waiting by the flag for us to show up. He said "wait for it...NOW", I threw down the smoke and somebody (I think Canis) dropped a Trophy system and we team capped that sucker in about 2 seconds. We went on to win and it was a nice feeling.

I like your thinking Cheetos but it's so hard to resist when you hear "losing C" and not go running to defend it and trust that someone else has got it covered. I can't count how many times I've thought "I got this flag covered" and all of the sudden I get flashed and down I go.

PS - I think that was the match on interchange I got the final kill cam by blasting an RPG up somebody's ass and getting a 2-piece.

Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Sorry for the double post...oops, triple now.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:51 am

I am also upset that he left out the boobs option but look at what he did accomplish guys. That has got to be the most lopsided pole I have ever seen on this site. He actually got a bunch of over 30's to agree on something. I think for that he deserves a digital cookie. I already gave him a reach around for the write up so this will have to do. Enjoy Cheetos!!!

Strategy Cookie10

Of course, us being as conflict whores as we are I;m sure about five people will now change there vote. Enjoy the victory while it lasts guys.
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:55 am

No boobs in survey. Post invalid.

Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:26 pm

Sounds like a good strategy. I think Bee or Canis would be great squad leaders.

I always run support so whenever I play with you guys there will be vests.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:10 pm

No boobs? WTF
Back to top Go down

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Just remeber do not cap a on mission....ever
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Good write up and I agree with Zombie Do you know how many times I end up saying who the hell is capping A? GTFO of there!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
Sponsored content

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strategy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next