Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Empty
PostSubject: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:25 am

After getting sucked into a TMartn video on Recon/XM-25 I knew what I had to do....

Fuck Recon Pro better be epic cause I sure could have used another custom class slot over the XM-25.

I will say it is a pretty fun thing to use although going an average of 9-30 isn't exactly beasting. Games where I had a 1.0 KDR with it were my "epic" games....

Oh welll, it looks cool, it's fun, great for getting Recon Pro and barely effective any other time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:51 am

I had fun using it like a sniper rifle. There is no "lob" with that thing like other launchers. It was like getting a second primary for free without using overkill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:53 am

I've gotten Recon Pro twice (and the paint 750 challenge) and the XM-25 just hasn't worked for me. I throw lots of flashbangs.

I have recently tried the XM-25 against parties that use alot of smoke and aren't visible with a thermal scope. I have had some success in that circumstance. I will have to try FBD's use as a sniper rifle, sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:59 am

Except it takes multiple hits to kill unless you are dead on for a one shot kill.

It is great though as FBD said though that there is no arc to the trajectory just a straight laser beam, unlike other launchers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:01 pm

For some reason I am much more apt to killing window campers with the XM25 than a sniper rifle...I can't snipe for shit. I think the sights on that thing are tight for sniping...way better than looking thru an acog or zoom scope to my eyes.

The RoF is pretty good on that thing too allowing for quick follow ups.

It's a beast in HC FFA. I camp my ass off on high ground to zap fools as they spawn with the XM25, then carry the pp90m1 for the close encounters...add in the pred, heli, overwatch and it's a guaranteed 30 kill win once you hit the pred.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:42 pm

So since the XM25 is an airburst weapon and you can set the distance that it detonates... does anyone actually do that? It always seems like too much trouble that you have to stop, look through the scope, set the distance, and then you're only good for that distance or closer until you change it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm up to a massive 37 kills with it and I have zero time to set a detonation distance. The game moves way too fast and I don't see much advantage to doing that.

With no distance set, it just explodes when it hits something. If you want to reduce the distance, aim at the ground a bit closer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:57 pm

I usually set it to 5 meters when I spawn and use it as a up close and personal shotgun with explosive rounds. nice rage mics, but never get really high kill streaks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:08 pm

There are really only two maps I use it on. I am over 400 kills with it and that is from the two maps. I am looking forward to the 500th kill so I can wear the the Title for it.

I use the Distance-Detonate a lot (almost exclusively).

I agree that it can be difficult but you have to either change your game play or set it to close range and use it like a shotgun.

The close range shotgun style has not been real successful for me, but like Nate said it can be fun.

Probably get the most rage mics from using this one gun.

Once shot a chopper down with it. lol

I run ReconPro with it and light up the enemy for the team.

Use to run FlashBangs to get ReconPro, but now I don't run FBs with this class. I use TI instead and it really pisses them off.
They think they finally got me to only pop up and kill them with the XM25. Too funny.

The XM25 is the reason I haven't reached the 5000 mark with the Stinger.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:46 pm

okay, really confused...what's this about setting distance, etc.? Anyone got a video that explains how to use the XM-25? I won't use a token on it but may play around with it next prestige.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 pm

CanisMajor60 wrote:
There are really only two maps I use it on. I am over 400 kills with it and that is from the two maps. I am looking forward to the 500th kill so I can wear the the Title for it.
And those maps would be.......?

Are you purposefully keeping info to yourself?! lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Lol, I am always happy to share my tips.
Ive been playing alot of dz lately and I just couldnt get xm25 to work well on it.
Dom seems the best for me.

The xm takes a lot of work setting distances and can leave you vulnerable to enemies at diff distances .
So for me it is best used while camping your flag.
It can kill people around corners and lite them up with reconP so the runners can hunt them down.
Got a sniper in the tshirt shop, dont have to see them to kill them.

Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:12 am

lol CANIS! Is your thong on too tight you can't think? What maps do you use it on? lol I know one is Resistance, but the other? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:49 am

Actually, I just checked and they were on backwards. Explains the pinching I felt up front.

Hardhat, over "A" with a TI next to the upright PortaPotty. The TI next to the portapotty gives me coverage as I spawn and I can get a distance marking real quick without exposing myself.
Step out and blast away. Great rage mics from the guys that just killed me.

When we play Hardhat you almost always find me at "A". Which is why when we get the bad spawn I go "C" to "A". I want the "A" spawn so I can reign down terror on them asap.

If someone is at the bricks past "B" I can run over and blast them away.

IF they pop out by "A" behind the portapotty I can hit them if they lie down or go back behind the wall.
Even if I do not kill them I light them up so a runner can chase them down.

MW3 can be a lot of fun if played correctly.

Bee and I LOAO the other night in DZ.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:49 am

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
okay, really confused...what's this about setting distance, etc.? Anyone got a video that explains how to use the XM-25? I won't use a token on it but may play around with it next prestige.

You basically can choose the distance at which the grenade explodes. As you look through the scope, there is a range finder in the top left and by clicking L3 you can set the explosion distance to whatever the range finder currently reads. So basically you could shoot something and it would just explode at range X.

Doesn't seem all that worth it though as without setting the distance, the grenades just explode when they hit something.

Possible worth it...enemy in a window or head glitching a dumpster.
Set the range finder by ADS'ing the front of the window or dumpster..basically telling you how far away they are. L3 to set that distance and then aim just above them targeting just above their heads in open space. Then the grenade would detonate right above their heads and cause damage. It wouldn't be a 1 hit kill though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 am

thanks for these tips.....will need to try this soon...esp. on Drop Zone to help clear it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:57 am

It does often take two shots to kill someone, but the rate of fire is fast and I do it from cover. If you hit them directly like a normal gun it will kill them with one shot.

The number of kills resets with each prestige so if you are going for the emblem it will be difficult inbetween prestiges.

Used it on Hardhat last night and got 5 kills with it at "A". I use it defensively so it takes me a while to get kills.
Had I used it at "B" I would have killed a lot more people with it.

You can hide behind the bulldozer and hit those hiding behind the bricks, or lay prone and blast away down the middle, or sit in the middle and blast those coming out of the tunnel.

If you go out like that you will need good team mates to watch your back because you are vulnerable to enemy runners.

I use an AR with the XM25 because I run out of ammo a lot.

I also use it as exploritory. One shot at the right distance will let me know if someone is around the corner or in a window.
So I recommend ReconPro with it.

Scavenger does not resupply the weapon.

If you are using it defensively it helps to get your distance locked in and fire a round to make sure it is expoloding at the right distance.

It is frustrating to be in the process of locking in your distance and someone runs in front of you and you locked in on their distance.

Some say it is not very good because if you miss it keeps going until it hits something, but isn't that the same as a regular gun?
Outside of the shotguns I have not found a gun I do not have to aim and hit the target to kill them.

Is it like a shotgun? No. it does not have a spread until it expolodes.

Is it like an AR or SMG? Yes, very similar.

Is it like a sniper rifle? Very much so.

It is a totally different weapon so if want to use it successfully you have to bend to it's characteristics and not try to bend it to yours.

Hope you have fun with it, cuz I do.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:49 pm

It's sniper rifle for those who suck at quickscoping. Like me. Field of Vision is much better than a sniper scope IMO.

And it's gratifying as hell to use it to pick off a window camper in the T-shirt shop or in the building near A on Mission. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....   Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prestige token on XM-25. Yeah, that's hardcore I know.....
Page 1 of 1