Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Your thoughts

Go down 
+4
Ogbunabali
TydenWolf
Horst Schist
DELTAxDOG
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do scuff controllers have a greater advantage?
Cheating.
Your thoughts  Vote_lcap61%Your thoughts  Vote_rcap
 61% [ 11 ]
Not cheating.
Your thoughts  Vote_lcap39%Your thoughts  Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:14 am

What do you all think about Scuff controllers? Tell me anything and everything please! Owners and non owners

Last edited by J3551CA87 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:49 am

I think you have used one so what could you want to know? They kick ass!
Back to top Go down
Horst Schist

Horst Schist

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 am

Buy one. And don't listen to Delta about the wired ones Laughing I use the wireless because of dogs and the layout of my room. Wired provides a theoretical time savings but might result in a saved death once per 100 games (scientific study done by myself) so should not factor into your decision, I believe.

My only complaint, having ordered the convex right stick, is that the rubber wears off pretty quickly. I've had mine for less than 5 months and the plastic base is exposed over half of the stick. It's very difficult to make fine adjustments with 2 different coef. of friction. I've resorted to cutting fingers off of latex gloves for my right thumb. Seems to work, even if I look like a dork and have a stinky thumb.

Paddles are durable, stops are durable, the anti-sticky coating on the bottom is fantastic and worth $15 in my mind. But really, at the heart of it all, you're getting an official XBox controller with paddles and bumpers. Haven't heard anybody that has purchased one to be any less than very satisfied.
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:15 am

Enlighten me my knowledge of these are nil.
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:23 am

I have one I love the thing I like the fact that you don't have to take your fingers off the analog stick if you want to jump or knife/prone (depending on the layout you use) I think I should have had the other paddle changed to reload instead of jump because how often do you really jump in the game unless you are one of those tards that like jumping around like you are playing halo. The hair triggers and trigger stops are awesome too due to that fact that I can fire my mk14 or pistol almost as fast as a rapid fire controller and I don't feel bad about it because it's really not an electronic mod that some other douche bag is using so it even the playing field out a little bit. However the trigger stops will not work for every game so you will need to keep another controller around for those games that you play that this does not work on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:29 am

Don't own one, the only mod I have on my control is a sticker of a skull on the battery pack (This means that its my control hands off)

-: This is just my option :-

But I personally think that they are cheesy.
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Anything made or altered, to increase any ability in a game, is cheating imho. However, I could care less who uses one. The more people that use one, the more shit I can talk to for whooping asses with a stock controller.
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Scuff controllers are the equivalent of headsets. They give you the advantage that you may need to feel a little better about yourself. And kill people.

That being said, does anyone else feel like, by now, every game should be entirely button re-mappable? Would that obviate the need for Scuff? Would that somehow lessen anyone's playing experience?
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Two things:

1. MLG approved
2. They're fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:05 pm

SpeedOfDark wrote:
Scuff controllers are the equivalent of headsets. They give you the advantage that you may need to feel a little better about yourself. And kill people.

That being said, does anyone else feel like, by now, every game should be entirely button re-mappable? Would that obviate the need for Scuff? Would that somehow lessen anyone's playing experience?

I agree, any games rating would go up, if you could fully customize your layout.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:20 pm

J3551CA87 wrote:
What do you all think about Scuff controllers? Tell me anything and everything please! Owners and non owners

http://bit.ly/KJvO6K
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:15 am

DELTAxDOG wrote:
I think you have used one so what could you want to know? They kick ass!
Never have played with one silly Smile
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 am

Horst, tyden, and slam thanks for your input. I really want one but I kinda agree with Doug (OG and SpeeD). I kind of think I should really take the time and practice playing with the stock controller. It just seems wrong.. But at the same time they are so cool! I dunno... Thanks a lot for everyone's input though. Doug you made me laugh. Jason thank you for the link lol... I have looked them up before. I just wanted my clannies opinions! I wanted to know if its looked down upon (I knew it was approved) but I mean what's the popular vote. Do people feel like they are molested when they get knifed by someone using a scuff ? Is it fair? Should people stick to stock? And is it hard to go back to stock most importantly
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:31 am

I think a poll is in order. Please make sure you follow the time honored traditions and rules of clan polls. cheers
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:21 am

Jes you can edit your first post and scroll down you will see the option to add a poll if you so desire.
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Obviously anyone who uses a scuf is cheating! Plus it is able to somehow changes the knifing mechanics of the game.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:49 pm

here you go Jes...woody finally produces a video worth watching...go figure

NOTE: the controller only comes in Pink for the most MLG'ish try hards out there Wink
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Poll is up, not sure of the rules. Thanks Jason Smile
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:17 pm

J3551CA87 wrote:
Poll is up, not sure of the rules. Thanks Jason Smile

boobs is not an option Sad
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Rules: must have boobs as an option. Must be able to change votes and vote for more than one! Dont worry though im sure J will fix it for you.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:19 pm

CaptUnd3rpantzz wrote:
Obviously anyone who uses a scuf is cheating! Plus it is able to somehow changes the knifing mechanics of the game.

And I thought we were just good at the game? Now I find out its cuz we cheat!
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:34 pm

He forgot that ALL sarcasm must be typed in PINK. 30 rule statue 4.69b78
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:55 pm

BlackDeath wrote:
J3551CA87 wrote:

http://bit.ly/KJvO6K

I was hoping someone was going to get her with this!
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:33 pm

After watching Woody's video, all it has done is confirm to me that, not only are they for less skilled players. But anyone who thinks that setup is more beneficial, must have a screw loose.

The only benefit I see, it the triggers. In fact, I think part of the skill to being an elite gamer, is being able to switch your fingers from button to button, and still dominate.

Multi-tasking is what makes a gamer pro...
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:
Two things:

1. MLG approved
2. They're fucking awesome.

I could not have said it any better slam.

I must add that they dont make you a better player. You still need to have the stick skill to aim correctly for the kill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your thoughts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts    Your thoughts  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next