Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Fight Club... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Fight Club...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:20 am

All right... Today I'm coming to as Admin at EUK with an interesting and controversial proposition.

As of late the fighting has become ridiculous and downright pathetic. I propose to offer a UserGroup at EUK where "arguments" can take place in a safe and confined area with limited Moderation and no official aspects of x30x.

It's my belief that Boys will be Boys and fights will ensue...and it's better to fight through these issues then to let it fester and have descent and resentment grow like a cancer...and if anyone leaves because of WORDS then so be it...maybe ya shouldn't be here then.

Prime needs to learn how to give and take a punch and when it's all over realize we are still Brothers and buy each-other a digital beer...

I know you're all thinking this is a loony concept but think it through a bit before ya post.
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:30 am

damn, I was hoping for a virtual cage match... since we're all older, maybe we should look at a versus option for Mike Tyson's PunchOut or Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat (the originals)? If these don't work, then we go for Wii Boxing. Next step is to have a set day at the first annual x30x Conclave gathering...kind of like Festivus and the Airing of Grievances...

Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:34 am

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
damn, I was hoping for a virtual cage match... since we're all older, maybe we should look at a versus option for Mike Tyson's PunchOut or Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat (the originals)? If these don't work, then we go for Wii Boxing. Next step is to have a set day at the first annual x30x Conclave gathering...kind of like Festivus and the Airing of Grievances...

I just wanna see the ring girls.
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 am

Manic, being so sensible, like an ugly pair of shoes. I’m still mad you didn’t even reply to my proposal so I’m inclined to disagree with you on principal. However being vindictive is not a principal I hold as my own. I’ll just not give you the reach-a-round you deserve.

Post should have “FC-blah blah blah” as a subject, kinda like NSFW, so those that don’t want to see it or get butthurty about shit talking can tell what it is by the subject.
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:39 am

Shit Eric... refresh my memory. And I told ya to think it through as to what I'm proposing
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:40 am

And actually I'm being very sensible... better to have an Arena to sort bullshit then have it open for all...
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:51 am

MANIC wrote:
And actually I'm being very sensible... better to have an Arena to sort bullshit then have it open for all...

in all seriousness, i agree with you and it's a very good idea.

PM sent
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:51 am

Ohhhhhh...

Eric you can MANicLove me anytime...
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:55 am

u404398 wrote:
OldSchoolNESfan wrote:

I just wanna see the ring girls.

i vote boobs
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:56 am

I vote boobs.

Fight Club... Ugly_f10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:57 am

...shit, wait. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:16 am

Sr Slampiece wrote:
I vote boobs.

Fight Club... Ugly_f10

dude, no.
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 am

That's all right boys...I can respect your neutrality and fear of posting your true thoughts.
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 am

I vote boobs.

Manic, we will disagree on this. Setting aside space so that people can have space to be able to shout "NO, You are a fuckface" "NO YOU are the fuckface and I hope your mom dies" at each other is not a good way to resolve conflict. My opinion is this will lead to more butt hurt feelings.

The cultural expectations of the 30 are that when you post you should expect that people will respectfully disagree and respond thoughtfully. I saw someone write that they read and re read post to make sure their tone and intentions are clear.

I think less moderation will lead to arguments getting out of hand and people getting really pissed. Sometimes people post drunk, are pissed about the dog pissing on the rug, or are mad that they just got out of jail and found their wife banging the neighbor's dog... and then they post. The post sound more pissed and more dickish than they probably meant when they write in the heat of the moment.

The flip side of this is that when we read a post that pisses us off we have to keep in mind that the other guy who posted like a true ass hat may likely be due to outside issues like those listed above. Reading here and writing here can possibly be a lot of work with all of the thinking of what the other person may be thinking.

That being said I think the sarcasm font/color is one of the best things that has happened around here since it allows for one more way for us to determine the true intentions of the poster.

There is more drama because people are bored. The game has no more secrets, there is not much more to learn, and all the loadouts are pretty much set. We are now into "I am going to run knife and the worst gun ever" mode to keep things more interesting. This kind of boredom leads to more posting that has nothing to do with the game. Of game posting leads to areas where our interests do not intersect (politics, religion, your mom). Here is where there is the conflict (or some of it anyway).

I reserve the right to be wrong and will gladly praise you in the event your EUK style of conflict resolution goes well. I hope it does honestly, but in my experience this kind of 'emotional fight club' leads to more anger and pain. It is the exact kind of communication style I have to undo every day of my working life.
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 am

Also that picture that slam posted means he may in fact be a terrible person... dear god.
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:33 am

Sr Slampiece wrote:
I vote boobs.

Fight Club... Ugly_f10

thank's slam, now i get to mop up my $5 coffee that my stomach decided to purge onto the floor in the hopes of making less attractive and lighter to run faster.

I'll send you the bill for the coffee
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:53 am

I say you boys do what you need to do...I'll be in the corner watching...I like to watch Shocked
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:56 am

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Two men enter, one man leaves!

and boobs.
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:02 am

Wini. I respect your soft science...I really do. But aspects of textbooks and journals and such just fall flat in the reality of testosterone.

The fact is that individual might never use it for they would have to actively take the argument elsewhere. And in that time it takes for them to do so they just might see the stupidity in the conflict.

I just wish not to see clannies get banned for WORDS
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:12 am

In all seriousness what about a forum titled something like "i need to vent" so that when people enter and read anything in there they already know that people are blowing off steam. There could be a sticky on the rules of venting and that if deemed to be outside regulation the topic would be deleted.

It should DEFINITELY be closed to the public
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 am

Venting but with censorship? Well that's not Venting is it
Back to top Go down

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 pm

MANIC wrote:
Wini. I respect your soft science...I really do. But aspects of textbooks and journals and such just fall flat in the reality of testosterone.

And in that time it takes for them to do so they just might see the stupidity in the conflict.

I just wish not to see clannies get banned for WORDS

We advocate the same thing. I say stop and think then post. You say stop, go to EUK then post. They both are asking to do the exact same thing. You are of the hope that they reconsider their argument and their tone. Stopping and thinking here is the same as stopping and thinking before they log into EUK.

My methods have been tried in the arena of pure testosterone and I have seen them work repeatedly. This is from 17 year old drug dealers to 57 year old who's primary parenting tool is a stick.

Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm with Manic on this one. Let the kerfuffle commence! Welcome, to another edition of Thunderdome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:34 pm

What happened to being respectful? Isn't that the first rule of the clan? Do we really need a place to needlessly insult each other? I don't get it. If I wanted to be insulted, there are plenty of other places I can go for that - like going solo into a Groundwar lobby filled with 15-year olds.

This place is supposed to be for mature adult gamers. I used to assumed that a clannie wouldn't purposefully post something to incite a reaction from others for their own amusement. I've since amended that since I've seen first hand that people actually DO that here, but whatever. It's the internet and that's what happens sometimes.

I don't think we should have the "bash on each other forum" - I think it would cause more harm than good. But really, I don't care if it gets created or not. I think if we just started showing a little more respect and care to each other rather than picking fights, a lot of the drama would go away.

And I think that's the real goal, right? To lessen the butt-hurt and Sweet Valley High School drama?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 pm

It's an aspect of Last Resort, WallDog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fight Club... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fight Club...   Fight Club... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fight Club...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next