Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Empty
PostSubject: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 pm

So tonight we had a minor scare.... I was doing some ribs on the BBQ and then came inside to wash dishes. Next thing I know, the whole damn gas grill is on fire. It sits on our deck about 4 feet from the house. I shut off the gas and removed the now charred ribs. The grill part was still aflame but this happens when there is some grease on the top part. The flames subsided and I went inside to clean up. I look back 2-3 minutes later and the bottom of the grill is on fire, and crooked....the wheels are melting and the deck was on fire a bit.

I got my wife to start passing me pots of water before I remembered we have a fire extinguisher. So I used that and got the grill put out. THEN I still see a light on the lower level of the deck....the pool solar blanket is on fire!! I used the rest of the extinguisher on it then got our hose to cool it all off and get the underneath the deck. Overall the house is fine, the deck is structurally sound, just needs a few boards replaced.

So the lesson from all this...make sure your wife does the dishes so you can watch the grill!

only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Img_5010

only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Img_5011

only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Img_5012

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Damn oldschool, glad to see nothing else happened. That could have been a bad situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:35 pm

damn. glad to hear you got things under control and the house didnt go up.. just two weeks ago had a litle fire pit on my wooden deck and was pouring lawn mower gas into it and the whole deck went up for a quick second, including my arms. ha.

never thought buying a home fire extinguisher.... might have to invest in one...
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:27 am

HA!!! Things like this prove to me that I am with the right people. I can just see all of theis play out in my head (thankfully everything is ok because the visual is hilarious). School running around with water buckets, a fire extinguisher and a water hose and jonsey dumping a bucket of gas on a flame.....stop drop and roll guys.

School, to help avoid that situation learn to cook them ribs like a southerner......low and slow. Pit with a side firebox, fire up the wood of your choice and let it smolder until it is about 200-250, put the ribs on and let the smoke gods do the rest. You have plenty of time to monitor your wife's dishwashing skillz without fear of deck meltdown. A few hours later you are set.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
that_punk_kid

that_punk_kid

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 10

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:37 am

Ah I love this...we always joke about keeping our wives in the kitchen..Glad you found a good reason to bring that up. NO but really glad everything worked out for you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks for the laughs guys. Nuke, have you got a picture or schematic of how to do this?? For DeathsMistress, prtyangel, and any of our other lady members, I don't in anyway force my wife to get in the kitchen and be domestic. However, since she is home from being fired (I'm forced to work for the asshole for another 60 days), she was supposed to wash the dishes yesterday.

Fortunately the end of the season is upon us....grills should be on sale soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:00 am

I am also one of the ones to have set a grill on fire and had to use an extinguisher. Trying to precook some 100 burgers for an event so we could just heat them up later. I got about 75% done and had to shut everying down and play fireman. Glad everything worked out.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:18 am

A friend of mine had his house burn down the exact same way. Had his grill on his porch and woke up to his entire house in flames. He tried to put it ou and got burned pretty badly in the process.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:18 am

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
Thanks for the laughs guys. Nuke, have you got a picture or schematic of how to do this?? For DeathsMistress, prtyangel, and any of our other lady members, I don't in anyway force my wife to get in the kitchen and be domestic. However, since she is home from being fired (I'm forced to work for the asshole for another 60 days), she was supposed to wash the dishes yesterday.

Fortunately the end of the season is upon us....grills should be on sale soon.

Next week tailgate season starts, also known as college football season. I will get you some pics when we get this bad boy fired up.

only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned 8329_1224977378823_6871740_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 am

In my old house I had a flower basket spontaneously combust on a 100 degree day in the middle of a drought. Thanks God I was home.

It should be noted that it's generally dangerous to operate any potential source of flame (grill, chiminea, firepit) on a wooden deck. Not to be captain obvious here, but I've heard of MANY similar accidents due to grease fires, etc on wooden decks.

Also, please don't ever operate a gas grill in a garage unless you want to end up dead from CO poisoning.

Safety first, as Wini would say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:19 am

Glad you were able to put it out NES and that everyone is ok. Just for that, I think mwhop, fireman, or I can send you one of those junior firefighter helmets that we give to the kids during open houses........ lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:02 pm

FBD wrote:
It should be noted that it's generally dangerous to operate any potential source of flame (grill, chiminea, firepit) on a wooden deck. Not to be captain obvious here, but I've heard of MANY similar accidents due to grease fires, etc on wooden decks.

Thanks for the tip. So is putting some stone patio tiles on the wooden deck not good enough or do I need to make a grill patio on the ground? Maybe I should post some pics of the yard and take design suggestions.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Glad everything worked out ok.

I was at a July 4th bbq once and flames started shooting out the tank valve! Scary. They had to call the FD to come put it out. Of course, all the girls could talk about were the firemen. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:22 pm

FBD wrote:
Safety first, as Wini would say.

It is not just good advice, it is a potential life philosophy.

I declare this a terrible month for OldSchoolNES.

Sorry! Sounds like you have been through the ringer.

Here is to hoping your wife thinks impromptu firemen are hot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 3:54 pm

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
FBD wrote:

Thanks for the tip. So is putting some stone patio tiles on the wooden deck not good enough or do I need to make a grill patio on the ground? Maybe I should post some pics of the yard and take design suggestions.

If at all possible move the grill to the yard. Doesn't have to be fancy stone or anything...the grass is fine. It may mean you have to walk a few steps to get the steaks, but it will potentially save your house from becoming a smoldering pile of embers. And you work off calories doing the steps. Plan ahead and place a cooler near the grill location. Smile
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
Here is to hoping your wife thinks impromptu firemen are hot.
Hopefully, she likes how you handle your hose.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks for the laugh. sorry you got a little scare. Everyone should have a couple of fire extingquishers for that oh shit, just in case moment. I agree with Wini. It has been a bad month for NES. Does this mean that karma owes you a metric shit-ton of goodwill and you will collect soon? My advice, buy somer lottery tickets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:43 pm

If you have to leave it on your wood deck I would suggest investing in something like this:

http://www.grillpad.com/products/original.html
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 am

Damn Nuke could take out the neighborhood with that grill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:18 pm

smurf, that basically feed a few hundred people each home game. That stays at the tailgate pavillion, the one at my place can only hold a couple of briskets or about 6 racks of baby backs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned   only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

only you can prevent house fires...a lesson learned
Page 1 of 1