Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Decision Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Decision Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Decision Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Decision Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Decision Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Decision Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Decision Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Decision Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Decision Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Decision Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Decision Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Decision Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Decision Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Decision Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Decision Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Decision

Go down 
+7
walldoggy
Kamea6
birddotcom
RabbitDemon
that_punk_kid
Nely
Repo_Dog
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Here we go again with a mod out of control (like before the split) and a forum that is becoming toxic (like before).

I have decided to opt out of the topics that are riddled with personal insults and out right lies.

I have decided I am not going to stick around for another split, and another round of stupidity spewed forth in the forums, which travels over to the game.

So, if the path continues of mods out of control and people allowed to say hateful things I will say goodbye.

There are too many other mature clans that do not allow this type of behavior.

I figure I'll give it a few more weeks to see if the mods, or Dave, can reign it back in and then at that point make my decision.

It was nice after the purging, but some people just can't stay away, and others cannot handle the power of being a mod.

I like Dave, and I know he is busy with family and life, and its sad that this type of crap has to happen in the clan he started.

So to leave would be a drastic step for me, but lets face it; there is no reason to be dragged down to the level that members are willing to go to lie and insult.

The two weeks without the PS3 console showed me that in many ways my life is better without COD, so in that regards the step would be easy.
Missing the laughter and banter at night would be a bummer.

As promised, if I do leave it will be with a nice respectful suicide note.

I thought long and hard before posting this because if I say it I mean it, and that means if this doesn't get cleaned up I have to keep my word.

silent
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 pm

If this is because I locked the tread about d711789 ! Then ya that make's the forth post I have locked in a year so ya out of control ! It needed locked and I locked it!

Repo out
Back to top Go down

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:11 pm

I appreciate your grievances but what does this have to do with growing up on the farm
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 am

Let me make a few semi-noob observations.

@Repo You did the correct thing in my opinion. (a earlier lockdown may have been warranted) I don't think there is need to be defensive here.

@Sly You are funny guy. You say some crazy shit and sometimes it may rub people the wrong way. I have a few friends that are just like you. It doesn't really bother me as I have a real quick trigger when it comes to scrolling.

Addressing the OP's concerns

I think I was the main target of the insults along with the LNWC. I was being called a child. My posts are worthless. I was labeled ignorant.
I put on my big boy pants today as I do everyday and roll with it.

Edit:
At the end of the day I know its just a video game but I don't like to see prominent members just disappear.
It is what it is I guess.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
that_punk_kid

that_punk_kid

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 10

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 am

Cannis just for the record you aren't allowed to leave I'll make the 20 minute drive and find you and bring you back.. No just do what I do I pretty much get on the forums to check on key things, granted it's nice to see what some of the guys are like and whatnot however I'm in the 30 to play with all you old men, not to read about you.
Back to top Go down
RabbitDemon

RabbitDemon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Ok what the heck happened... I am a LNWC's... I must have missed something....

Someone PM me the details so I know what the heck was said....

Shit like this ticks me off... and also makes me want to move on.....

I got your back Nelsconey and Cannis and the rest of the LNWC's.... Insult one and insult all.

You all know its a fricken video game that is fun right? F-U-N!!!!!!

Have some damn fun and stop bitching about what ever.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DemonRabbitGaming
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Canis, if there is anything I can do to keep you around, let me, I would hate to see you go!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:35 pm

He likes coffee bird, maybe you can send him some blue berry coffee Razz

Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:07 pm

[quote="Nelson77"]Let me make a few semi-noob observations.

@Repo You did the correct thing in my opinion. (a earlier lockdown may have been warranted) I don't think there is need to be defensive here.

Defensive ok not !

lol
Back to top Go down
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:

That coffee was an Ethiopian, very good if you like a mild fruity coffee. I have access to the best roasted coffee around, whatever he needs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:

Some Cheetos and popcorn would probably seal the deal.

He would also be breaking rule # 30.XM-25

I found it listed on page 30 of the LZ 100 Clan guide book.

Rule 30.XM-25

*Clan leader is not allowed to leave unless in the case of death or world wide shortages of popcorn, coffee and Cheetos. Clan leader may only use a leave of absence for purchasing or re- purchasing a scooter or similar device. In case of death or absence Bee Swarm will take active duty of Clan leader.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:00 pm

I had to razz you about the coffe bird as you got fired up about it the other night, It does sound very good.

Repo I wouldn't take it personally if I remeber right cannis even got fired up at Dave once for locking a thread.

I will say we can all arm chair mod about how he could have handled it diferently, like maybe just messageing the ones trolling to stop or face conquencse rather then lock a whole thread. But at the end of the day if none of us want the job we have to thank and agree the decsions of those that are mods.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Cannis, after all is said and done, i know you will make the right decision and stay, we have a great group of guys and gals who have stayed to keep growing and improving this clan. if we just stick to the reason why we joined a clan in the first place, and that is to play with like minded, same age range people who enjoy time away from the busyness of life, then all would be fine. LNWC just wouldn't be the same without you. now get on your scooter and go take few laps around your neighborhood, go to the park with your man thong on and go layout and get a tan, then eat you popcorn, cheetos have a coke and a smile and i'll see online later, you old fart. p.s hawaii 50 is casting a part for a Kenny Rodgers look alike, i might be able to get you on, but you still gotta leave the man thong in Cali.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Repo, cool your jets, I was not referring to you. That thread needed to be locked long time ago.

Like someone said, I would have called you by name if I didn't like you locking it.

This is the crap Sly that precursed the last split.

I guess I equate maturity with respect and I believe gaming and maturity are not mutually exclusive.

I requested that the PS3 West Coast Forum section be locked except to members because we had mods, Sly, and other jackhats that kept coming in posting crap that had nothing to do with the thread.

The abuse that others took in that now locked thread was way too reminiscent of the days leading up to the split.

I am the first to joke, especially about myself, but there is no need to be disrespectful.

My skin is tough enough to take the crap, especially before the purging, but I hate to see the level of disrespect dished out to the others, especially those of the LNWC.

Why does Sly go around posting useless things all over the board.
Because as a Mod he can with immunity.

This was another thing that precursed the split. Mods stalking people saying the most inane things.

I don't care that he feels the need to post in threads dead over a year ago, but again this is one of the things that precursed the purging.

Take the example in this thread. What does growing up on a farm have anything to do with this topic? It doesn't, so why does he mention it?

To stir crap up maybe.

I plan on being part of a mature group, I was hoping it was here. And for the most part it is.

I could name quite a few guys that I consider mature. But sadly they are not all MODS.

Oh Punk, I am in the process of buying a house further up in the Sierra (Colfax area) so you will need to bring your 4 wheel drive and come before the first snow. Smile

Back to top Go down

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:21 pm

but cannis non of the trucks in Safeway delivery fleet have 4x4. you will have to build a cellar as well to store coffe , cheetos and popcorn.
Back to top Go down

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 pm

CanisMajor60 wrote:
This is the crap Sly that precursed the last split.

I don't recall that I was any sort of harbinger to the last split. Not sure what I had to do with it at all. I mean I still talk to them. I still talk to you.

CanisMajor60 wrote:
I guess I equate maturity with respect and I believe gaming and maturity are not mutually exclusive.

I will tell you what I see as not mature. How many people have you seen post on here something similar to "You Don't Do Exactly What I Want, So I Quit". Dude, you don't have to attempt to hold the clan hostage to your threats of leaving to be appreciated. Almost all the LNWC (Big Ups) stepped up for you and appreciate you. Repo appreciates you. I even appreciate you. (not sarcasm) You bring a lot to the table. I am sure it feels great to hear people say "please don't go" and I will add mine to theirs as well. Please don't go. But quit being so passive aggressive about it.

CanisMajor60 wrote:
Why does Sly go around posting useless things all over the board.
Because as a Mod he can with immunity.

I post on the forums because that is what the forums are for. 99% of every post on here is useless. I have never modded anything. Yet you single me out. It must be my animal magnetism. I am not immune to anything. Impunity though. That is accurate.

CanisMajor60 wrote:
I don't care that he feels the need to post in threads dead over a year ago, but again this is one of the things that precursed the purging.

I will tell you why.

https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t1748-hey-guys

That is one example. Pariah had something relatively personal to say and it was passed over. So I answered. I may be a dick for bring them back. But that makes everyone else a dick for not responding to begin with.

I am not denying stirring the pot. I am many things but not a liar. I am not malicious. I don't get bent out of shape. If you want a your LNWC threads left alone then I will do what I can. I make no promises. I hope you decide not to leave and I hope the next time you decide to threaten to leave, that you reconsider and actually handle it a what we both consider a mature fashion. I may not be mature but I know it when I see it. And I ain't seeing it here.

Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:43 am

Come on, let's hug it out... Basketball

I agree that we could use a dose of respect towards one another. It's easy to fall into a "you are a douche. Oh yeah, well you are a dick!" interaction in a thread, especially when you know the other person and it's all fun and games. However, because this is the internet, someone else that doesn't know the background can come in and see it and think, "Wow, these guys are jerks to each other, why would I want to be a part of that?"

So I think we can all police ourselves a little better, and try to not let things get SO out of hand. I think as mods, we try to not be too heavy handed with our powers (what little they are). What Sly was doing in replying to way old threads, anyone in the clan could do. So I don't think it was a mod abusing his powers. It was Sly being... well, Sly. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:01 pm

[quote="CanisMajor60"]Repo, cool your jets, I was not referring to you. That thread needed to be locked long time ago.

That is fine but i put in my first post IF!

That mint if you were referring to me and nothing else
And the people that thank I was pissed I was not read it again !

Back to top Go down

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:
but cannis non of the trucks in Safeway delivery fleet have 4x4. you will have to build a cellar as well to store coffe , cheetos and popcorn.

I know, I have considered that. Plus the Starbucks will be tough getting to during the bad weather.

I will be trading my scooter in for a NEV with plastic windows for when the weather is bad. Plus, I have to spend extra to have 4x4 installed on it.

Repo, I get it. Just letting you know I wasn't talking about you. I didn't take it that you were pissed.

Uh Walldog, who is Sly? Don't recognize that name. I am sure someone not a member of the PS-West Coast wouldn't come in this thread to stir crap up. Naw.

Partly speaking of a pattern that showed up right before the split/purging. It does not seem to assuaging. (yet)

ps. funny how a simple pre-suicide note to my fellow LNWCers has garnished so much attention from other platforms and non-WC members. just saying.

Back to top Go down

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Canis,
I appreciate the "jack hat" comment.Everyone that knows me, knows that Im the one that brings the teacher an apple, and then sits in the corner wearing the pointed black hat.i am who I am.A year and a half ago when I joined this place, I let everyone know I was an immature clown that loved cutting up with people and its the truth.Alot of the NU30 doesn't know me like that, but I'm not worried about that either.I respect you in more ways than you'll ever know.You are an asset to this place, and as others have echoed, this place wouldn't be the same without you.
!This is not an attempt to recruit you, but a friendly jester of your presence.!
Back to top Go down

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Foul On the Play!!! You cannot bump your own almost suicide/tantrum thread.

Decision Referee2
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:51 pm

CanisMajor60 wrote:
Here we go again with a mod out of control (like before the split) and a forum that is becoming toxic (like before).

I have decided to opt out of the topics that are riddled with personal insults and out right lies.

I have decided I am not going to stick around for another split, and another round of stupidity spewed forth in the forums, which travels over to the game.

So, if the path continues of mods out of control and people allowed to say hateful things I will say goodbye.

There are too many other mature clans that do not allow this type of behavior.

I figure I'll give it a few more weeks to see if the mods, or Dave, can reign it back in and then at that point make my decision.

It was nice after the purging, but some people just can't stay away, and others cannot handle the power of being a mod.

I like Dave, and I know he is busy with family and life, and its sad that this type of crap has to happen in the clan he started.

So to leave would be a drastic step for me, but lets face it; there is no reason to be dragged down to the level that members are willing to go to lie and insult.

The two weeks without the PS3 console showed me that in many ways my life is better without COD, so in that regards the step would be easy.
Missing the laughter and banter at night would be a bummer.

As promised, if I do leave it will be with a nice respectful suicide note.

I thought long and hard before posting this because if I say it I mean it, and that means if this doesn't get cleaned up I have to keep my word.

silent

I guess that I do not see it Canis. A Mod out of control? Staying out of arguements is the way to go. I tend to choose this route also.

I assume that the "." post was to get my attention. Well I'm here now. People are people.

I allowed Fireman back because he is a part of the Xbox community. He is also a member of DSYN and will speak up for them as well if he feels like he needs to.

Sly was not abusing his power that I saw. He was just being a post whore like many others except he was using a differnet method.

Some people have a different humor than others. I laugh at alot of stuff that I see on this forum and don't take it too seriously. Others may get mad at what I laugh about. The thing is everyone has someone that pushes their buttons the wrong way.

It still is nice after the purge we have tons less drama on the site than we did before. But things will continue to pop up from time to time. There is no reason to leave we just have to get through it. Life without games is nice. I got a taste of that here recently also. Sometimes it is hard to stay away and other times it is not.

I cannot separate the LNWC from the rest of the clan. I did however get a particular thorn out of your spine, but I cannot do that to everyone. We cannot continue to be a clan if everyone wants to be separated from this person or that person for whatever reasons.

I don't want you to leave, but I cannot make you stay. I'm sure that you decision will be the best decision for you. Don't feel obligated to leave because you threatened it. This will never be a perfect place, but we are always improving.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:51 pm

CanisMajor60 wrote:
Sith_Miester wrote:

[color=darkred]ps. funny how a simple pre-suicide note to my fellow LNWCers has garnished so much attention from other platforms and non-WC members. just saying.

Why was this necessary? We no longer have closed off areas of the forum because of attitudes like this. Its counter productive, and makes members (especially new ones) feel like they are not welcome to mingle with everyone.
Back to top Go down

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:59 am

Mingle all you want to Delta. Mingle til you tingle.

Dave,

If I wanted your attention you must know by now that I would have called at you.

If I leave it will not be because I said I am considering it and then too embarrased to stay.

-----

This may be a little lengthy but I hope all that read it will read it all the way through before jumping to conclusions and posting erronous thoughts.

I feel like I have pretty tough skin.
Concerning the joking and obsenity, I am not a virgin.
I played four years of HS football so locker room humor does not shock me.
I went on to college and then into the Nuclear Navy.
Believe me there is plenty of that behavoir onboard a Naval ship.

I got married, for 31 years now, and had two children.
Now I have 4 grandchildren and one on the way.

Somewhere along the way I grew out of the Junior High level of humor (cum dripping, etc).

Somewhere along the way I decided that I will not be disrespected by anyone.

No one has to like me or say anything nice about me. But I will not be disrespected.

Somewhere along the way I decided that adults that scream and cuss at 10 year olds, telling them their mom is a whore and they should kill themselves are people I do not want to associate with.

I agree that after the split/purge a lot of that stopped.

But I see it creeping back in.

Please understand that I am not asking that anyone change. I am not asking you Dave to do anything.
I am not asking or demanding the clan bend to my will or level of maturity.

The decision I have to make is if this is the mature gaming community it was advertised as, and is it a place that I feel akin to.

I would leave before asking you Dave to change your clan.

If this was your vision of a "mature gaming community" so be it. This is your clan.

I thought you Dave were serious about your Sticky about being respectful to others.

But then maybe we disagree on what being respectful and disrespectful is.

Again, this is what I have to evaluate and me make the proper adjustment for me.

If you are happy with the level of respect that is ultimately what matters Dave.

Me leaving or staying means nothing to the clan. I know that.

Are you (whoever is still reading this) keeping an open mind to what I am saying?

This next sentence is so important because I think it was lost somehow:

The decision to stay or leave is solely based on whether I believe that this is a mature gaming community that reflects my views on what maturity is, and it does not mean anyone or anything has to change to accomodate me!

Dave, you have to know from our PMs and my general posting that I have tried to be a productive member of this clan.

In return, I have asked for some respect from all members.

Maybe it comes down to our different definitions or views of what respect means.

Maybe at my age, and the things I have done in my life, I do not fit in this community.

It has been difficult at my age trying to find a community of grown ups that see online gaming and maturity as inclusive.

I have strived for that here, but perhaps my views are just too much out of touch with the younger generation. I don't know.
That is something else I have to evaluate.

In conclusion, the LNWCers are the only reason I have stayed because they have given me hope that an adult can enjoy gaming without disrespecting one another and without being a cyber-bully to the children that we play against.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision   Decision Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decision
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next