Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Next gen console: My decision...

Go down 
+16
birddotcom
SwollenCamel
BLACKHAWXX 88
Vidzjunkie
FiremanLFD525
JAGERpatrol
Repo_Dog
Nely
RiveRmOnKeY03
walldoggy
Dubious Baller
Doamne01
xXx MiGs xXx
TheCanisDirus
EstimatdProphet
NukeLaCoog
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

Next gen console: My decision... Empty
PostSubject: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:50 pm

....is no decision. The consoles are so similar that we get into lengthy debates over crazy acronyms, a handful of mhz, mb's here and there and basically differences so small that 98% of gamers cannot tell the difference in the end product. Most of the action games and shooters will fun at 60fps and somewhere above 720p, most of the games are cross platform or timed exclusive/exclusive content. The major differentiating factor between the 360 & the PS3 was party chat & free online and those are gone. Now both new consoles "plan" to do cool specific things.....but nothing is in play today, nothing has proven special and we all know how plans go. Basically the sales pitch for both is "we have a great machine today and we have a lot of awesome stuff we are planning to do". That isn't enough for me to to drop $550 - $650 (costs reflect games, XBL/PS+, connectors/adaptors or controllers).

So that leads me to the games and I am pretty underwhelmed with what is launching this year. This is pretty much what is launching with the consoles:

AC4
BF4
Blacklight Retribution
CoD Ghosts
DC Universe Online
Dead Rising 3
Drive Club
FIFA 14
Fighter Within
Forza 5
Killer Instinct
Killzone: Shadow fall
Knack
Madden 25
NBA 2k
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Planetside 2
Ryse
War Thunder
Warframe
Watch Dogs

Now don't get me wrong, those are good games but which ones jump out as "next gen" to you? To me, I see Watch Dogs, BF4 w/ 64 players, the driving games & Killzone's graphics and that is about it. I am not a driving game fan and the sports games are tired. The F2P games look fun but aren't a system seller for me so that leaves me with the rest. Out the the rest I see only 1 game that I can't get on 360 or PS3 and that is Ryse (Knack is PS4 but I have no desire to buy that). Ryse looks really pretty and I am interested in most anything Crytek puts out, but I was turned off by the quick time events.

So my decision comes down to this. Is Watch Dogs worth a new console? Is BF4 w/ 64 players worth a new console? Is Ghosts w/ dedicated servers worth purchasing the XB1?

The answer to all 3 is no. I can live with smaller teams on BF4 and still have a great time, I can buy Watch Dogs for current gen and trade up and I can rent CoD to see if it is even worth buying in the first place....which I would then buy used.

I guess I am really looking for a game or 4 to really jump out and the ones out on the horizon are Destiny, Titan Fall, The Division, The Witcher 3, The Order 1866, MGS5: Phantom Pain. I believe the earliest we will see any of those is Spring 2014. So, next gen consoles....I am glad you are here but I think I will just hang out and play the old systems until you can produce some next gen games. As soon as that happens I will be a customer of both MS and Sony.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
EstimatdProphet

EstimatdProphet

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:09 pm

I'm going to wait an see how the launches go. See which one has more problems, etc. Xbox's were horrible hardware-life-wise compared to the PS3. The Xbox failure rate as into 30% I think. However, my Xbox lasted over 6 years so you never know.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Smart, solid decision Nuke!

My decision to blindly pre-order a next gen came down to 3 factors.

1) Exclusives & game library
2) BF4 64 players - 60fps, second screen and commander mode(any next gen really)
3) I didn't want to spend the next 6 months buying 360 games when i know i could cut my loses now and build my next gen library... vs. doing the various trade-in/up offers. Wait, and do it right the first time ya' know?

Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:31 pm

My decision to blindly pre-order a next gen came down to 1 factor

1) Because that's how I roll

Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:32 pm

I don't think the decision was made blindly by you or anyone who pre-orders.  You see something you like and something that pushes that "buy" threshold then you do it.  Plus I am cheap and I over analyze everything cheers 

One thing I will add is that if GTA was released on next gen I would have bought both of them without knowing anything about the consoles.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:44 pm

NukeLaCoog wrote:
One thing I will add is that if GTA was released on next gen I would have bought both of them without knowing anything about the consoles.
Ooooo be careful... rumor is that it will release for next gen. Just weak rumors though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Best thread on the topic so far Nuke.

I'll join you in waiting til they drop something that makes me sure it is worth a launch window upgrade.

More power to those who are willing to go first and report back.

Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 pm

See, Nuke, that's where you're wrong; I am going in with a blindfold and blinders on in case the blindfold is loose and I could peak out of the corners. I'm getting both but I am probably going to game on the PS4 and have the One as a tax write-off (mostly for Skype, changing channels, and Kinect games for the elderly at my business.)

If it turns out that the One is better then I could always sell the PS4 at a loss and pick up a One instead. I am getting several PS4s at launch and I should be able to make enough off of them to pay for most, if not all, of the PS4 that I'm keeping (I hope); so even if I sell later I am still ahead. I just want the new toy!
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:53 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
More power to those who are willing to go first and report back.  
Believe you me if the PS4 sucks... i'll be the first one screaming it over here haha i'm an early adopting beta-tester in too many industries. But it's half the fun having a shiny new toy before the masses... Razz 
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Yay!!!! A next Gen thread without a fight about which is better. I am very proud of the 30 clan today. hopefully I didn't just Jinx it.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:07 pm

^You had to go and say that baller... didnt you... christ! Razz 
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Dubious Baller wrote:
Yay!!!! A next Gen thread without a fight about which is better. I am very proud of the 30 clan today. hopefully I didn't just Jinx it.
FUBALLER *insert console name here*  is dogshit and you are a terrible person for choosing *insert console name here*  cherry
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

^^^^That's the forum I know and love!!!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:45 pm

I just like new things. So I'll most likely end up with the PS4 at least at launch. lol

Probably not the XB1.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
RiveRmOnKeY03

RiveRmOnKeY03

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:17 pm

My rule of thumb is never never ever buy when a new console comes out just wait and see if the PS4 or Xbox One has issues and then decide. But i will get a PS4 any day before Xbox One because i have bought 1 PS3 and 5 360's (Moneysoft) since launch so you decide.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Nuke and I must be reading different articles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:24 pm

ps4 sony has always been good to me !
Back to top Go down
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:14 am

I'll be getting the PS4 sometime next year. No reason behind it, I just prefer Sony over Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
FiremanLFD525

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:36 pm

David,
       . You will get a ps4 and you will like it.Scott will as well.
I make decisions for everyone here. XBone fanboys can eat a &$@'!!

P.S. Now this feels more like our old forums.lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:45 pm

I've had 1 Xbox 360 break and red ring, that was in 2007. I've had no problem with MS and Xbox Live is so much better than PSN in my opinion. I'll be waiting a while but I'm getting the Xbox One unless something drastic happens to change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:51 pm

LOL...i see others read ballers post..hahah

I might get a ps4 too...They do look bad ass
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
BLACKHAWXX 88

BLACKHAWXX 88

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm going to wait to see what Yellow gets... then I'm going with the OTHER console...  Razz Razz Razz 

If he gets both... I'll just go back to

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 
Next gen console: My decision... 4_orig10
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bouncebounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KEVANDTHEBOYZZ?feature=watch
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 7:15 pm

I'm thinking Goldeneye BLACKHAWXX
Back to top Go down
FiremanLFD525

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Glad you didn't all emotional David. I reckon the ones that's been around since 2010-2011 knows how we roll.

#FUYELLOW

#FUWALLY

Can't leave the POS PSers out of the mix.

On Topic: I have decided to have both, the Nintendo and the Sega.
Back to top Go down
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:24 pm

FiremanLFD525 wrote:
David,
        Just go fuck yourself.

Whatever, I tell some to go fuck off, and it gets deleted from some pussy MOD, Fireman says, no problem......

The only reason I'm sticking with what I got (PS3), is I'm freaking out about having these twins in two months.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next gen console: My decision...   Next gen console: My decision... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next gen console: My decision...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next