Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?

Go down 
+16
ImGoodIfYouSuck
Dimchi_Seawalker
DELTAxDOG
mspiderw
Maverick9227
Doamne01
Dubious Baller
xXx MiGs xXx
GGz ST34LTHY
Mr_Crapshine
Repo_Dog
Nely
Parkranger1
Dash_Eight
Kamea6
BlackDeath
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Are you going to take time off work when Black Ops 2 is first released?
Yes
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Vote_lcap53%will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Vote_rcap
 53% [ 16 ]
No
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Vote_lcap33%will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 10 ]
I'm a jobless wino that wreaks of bacon
will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Vote_lcap13%will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Empty
PostSubject: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:02 pm

as the title says - how many will be playing hooky to play black ops 2?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:07 pm

I will have that Tuesday of so I think I'm going to do the midnight release and play to the wee hours but it will be back to work Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:16 pm

i am off from work on that Monday for Veterans Day, and i will probably do the midnight release also, so i will go back to work on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:22 pm

deoge is doing the midnight release in Hawaii as well kamea if u guys are on the same Island u should meet up. will try to stay up til u get on. that will be like 5 am my time so not sure how well I will be playing at that point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I am off that whole week! Mountain dew and bacon for that week!
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:31 pm

CaptUnd3rpantzz wrote:

I should check back after the first week to see how many managed to get GOUT lol

I never thought about taking time off until I heard so many others were. You may think working from home nets all this time to play - but it doesn't when your wife and one small child are still here with you lol!

I better better set out some bear traps at the base of the basement stairs Twisted Evil

I went to the midnight release of mw3 and I'll never go to another - I'm far too old and/or bitter for that shit.

Last edited by BlackDeath on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dash_Eight

Dash_Eight

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Unfortunately I'll be over in the sandbox for most of November and all of December. The first week of January will be the earliest I can get in on the action Sad
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:
deoge is doing the midnight release in Hawaii as well kamea if u guys are on the same Island u should meet up. will try to stay up til u get on. that will be like 5 am my time so not sure how well I will be playing at that point.
ok sith sounds good. not sure what island Deoge is gonna be on, but that would be cool to meet him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:48 pm

I have no idea either but I rember in one of his vids he said he would be on vacation in Hawaii for release but would stiil get the map vids out asap.
Back to top Go down
Parkranger1

Parkranger1

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Doing the midnight launch picking up the care package edition and then have the rest of the week off from work.
My wife laughs at me calling me sad that at the age of 37 I'll be standing in line with a load of kids. I tell her that if Pong was done on a midnight release I would have been there too.

The only difference between men and boys are the size of our toys and the cost of those toys.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:37 pm

I too have the whole week off. Will be going to my first midnight release. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:05 pm

no just a game
Back to top Go down
Mr_Crapshine

Mr_Crapshine

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm planning to take Tuesday afternoon and all Wednesday. I'm hoping any launch day online issues will be resolved by the time I get online.
Back to top Go down
GGz ST34LTHY

GGz ST34LTHY

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Work as usual for me i`m afraid Mad
I`ll still get a few hours in on Tuesday evening though, and i dont start work till 8am,
plenty time to sleep when im dead Wink
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Nelson77 wrote:
I too have the whole week off. Will be going to my first midnight release. Any suggestions?

Bring your dork repellent

I'm assuming you're going to a gamestop? Depending on the city / size of the store the midnight releases vary. Near me the biggest city is 35k people. They had some snacks and faygo pop (lol). Maybe triskets if you're in San Fransico, tequitos if you're in Houston, and clam chowda if you're in Boston. I've heard some events may even be DJ'd which you'll get to stand elbow to elbow with stank ass teens in their PJs feeling as awkward as the first time you got your peen wet. You'll go in ahead of time and either get a wrist band, ticket, or some sort of number. At which time you'll pay for the game in full and be given your receipt. You'll endure a lot of prepubescent pwning speak there may be a few actual adults there bearing the situation with you. Then you'll have your clueless bat wing'd grandma there with her 8y/o grandson asking questions about the game to the clerk like "is this game violent" around 11:59pm.

At midnight they'll start handing the game out in numerical order (assigned earlier). You'll scramble to your car, run over a few kids no one will miss, and go amongst your merry way. Lastly you'll get home, pop the disc in, and wait for 2 hours while you download an update lol!

I think that sums it up.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Nelson77 wrote:

If it's from gamestop get there at 10 or so, get your receipt and group # then go home take a nap and go back at 11:50 and wait for your group # to be called. That's how they do it here anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Gotta work till 11 so that works out good. A few guys I work with and I are going right after work to pick up the game and probally play until the sun comes up. Wife already knows the routine by now, I just bought her a couple of coach purses and put in a new dishwasher so I should be good for awhile, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:55 pm

lots of good advice I was just going to role up at midnight. sounds like I should get there at 10 ish nap in the car as its about a half from the house then stroll in about quarter to midnight
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 pm

I been trying to bribe a gamestop employee to slip mine out the back. I have already prepaid and everything and im not asking to get it early just bring 1 copy out to the back door at midnight for $20. It was after 1 when I got home with black ops.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:
lots of good advice I was just going to role up at midnight. sounds like I should get there at 10 ish nap in the car as its about a half from the house then stroll in about quarter to midnight

I went to Gamestop for MW3 and I just showed up at midnight, waited in line, and then paid for and picked up the game.

I work for me and so, barring any emergency, I can go at midnight and play all of the next day. I pre-ordered the Care Package edition, but I think that I'm going to get a normal copy of the game as well and then sell the Care Package. I thought that the quadrotor would be something that the little ones would enjoy, but it seems only okay in quality and I'm afraid that they would end up destroying it.

Gamestop employees seem to think that I can get 3-4 times what I paid for it, but I doubt that. If I can come out with a free copy in the end I think that I'll be satisfied. It would be great if I came out with a free copy of the game and the dlc paid for, though.
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 11:57 pm

you could rig up a little bee bee gun to the quad rotor RC for the kids. That would be fun. The neighborhood game of war would take on a whole new meaning.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 12:19 am

BlackDeath wrote:
Nelson77 wrote:

Bring your dork repellent

I'm assuming you're going to a gamestop? Depending on the city / size of the store the midnight releases vary. Near me the biggest city is 35k people. They had some snacks and faygo pop (lol). Maybe triskets if you're in San Fransico, tequitos if you're in Houston, and clam chowda if you're in Boston. I've heard some events may even be DJ'd which you'll get to stand elbow to elbow with stank ass teens in their PJs feeling as awkward as the first time you got your peen wet. You'll go in ahead of time and either get a wrist band, ticket, or some sort of number. At which time you'll pay for the game in full and be given your receipt. You'll endure a lot of prepubescent pwning speak there may be a few actual adults there bearing the situation with you. Then you'll have your clueless bat wing'd grandma there with her 8y/o grandson asking questions about the game to the clerk like "is this game violent" around 11:59pm.

At midnight they'll start handing the game out in numerical order (assigned earlier). You'll scramble to your car, run over a few kids no one will miss, and go amongst your merry way. Lastly you'll get home, pop the disc in, and wait for 2 hours while you download an update lol!

I think that sums it up.

I think I will avoid Gamestop. Hopefully Walmart won't be as hectic. When MW3 came out I didn't have a PS3 yet but for some reason I was at Walmart that night. There wasn't much of a crowd for that.

On side I can just imagine Canis standing in line waiting. People would be wondering "Who is this creepy old man with a cane?"

Lolz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:18 am

Yes... I will be taking time off of work for black ops 2. What a dumb question Jason deserving of 23 responses! DUH!!!

Now go die.

I love you very much

Lmfao

Why so cranky the other night boo boo?
I thought you would be happy to see me ?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:20 am

CaptUnd3rpantzz wrote:
Doritos And lots of sex
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:22 am

Nope..its not gonna that good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?   will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

will you be taking time off work for the blops 2 release?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next