Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
K/D important? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
K/D important? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
K/D important? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
K/D important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
K/D important? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
K/D important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
K/D important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
K/D important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
K/D important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
K/D important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
K/D important? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
K/D important? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
K/D important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

K/D important?

Go down 
+18
BLACKHAWXX 88
JK STEELERS68
whistlingmick27
Dubious Baller
JRED_31
pogotheklown
parabola79
Kamea6
birddotcom
Sr Slampiece
bluehound000
The1UrLookin4
TheCanisDirus
indyratpack
SouthPawDraw
xXx MiGs xXx
ArcaniX
YellowGeeHawd
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:32 pm

As a clan and elite noob, is the K/D ratio actually important for anything other than assessing a player and bragging rights? My MW3 K/D is like .8 or something (haven't looked in a while), but that is because I spent quite a lot of time dying before I got any good at it. I am generally around 1.2-1.4 now, but it will be a while before my K/D catches up simply because of the size of those numbers.
Is this important for any game or clan formats? Just wondering if I should have another tag where my stats are more current and fresh, or if it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 34

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:37 pm

We are not about that.

Unless your Slam. It's about winning not your KD. Trust me some games I look like I wear a helmet and some games I can hang with the big boys.

Sidenote: if this doesn't bring Suck/Good out hiding nothing wil.
Back to top Go down
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:39 pm

K/D is nothing more than dick-swinging, IMO... W/L is more important...

wait... just... one... f___... second...

Having fun is more important. F___ the stats.

In terms of actually "assessing a player", I have noticed that BO2's Score-per-Minute is actually a pretty good reflection of how many times you're going to curse that player over the course of the match...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:40 pm

YellowGeeHawd wrote:
Sidenote: if this doesn't bring Suck/Good out hiding nothing wil.

^ This!
Buahahaha!

...and, sorry for the double-post...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:47 pm

That's kind of what I figured; I just wanted to make sure there were no limitations put on my participation based on K/D.

I am seriously looking forward to a better W/L playing the objectives with the clan, rather than the usual unorganized chaos with randoms.
Back to top Go down
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Our unorganized chaos is a helluva lot more fun.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:58 pm

k/d does not matter as long as you are PTFO. And if PTFO is TDM then yes it is important - just saying
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Playing with fellow 30's, having fun and not whining through an entire match (though some is acceptable) is more important. Some games I hold my own, some games I don't. Playing and Winning as a team is more important (P/W ratio?).
Back to top Go down
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:05 pm

xXx MiGs xXx wrote:
k/d does not matter as long as you are PTFO. And if PTFO is TDM then yes it is important - just saying

If you play TDM with Migs it's more like BMFMS (Be Migs F*cking Meat Shield)

Sorry Tin I have a feeling this about to be Hijacked if Blackhawxx see's it.
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Communication is the key to everything. There are times when it is all about PTFO and strategic communication to win the game and there are times when random bullshit is the key to having fun.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Yup... it's all about the PTFO... BBQWTFLOLNBCBVDs
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:59 pm

ArcaniX wrote:
K/D is nothing more than dick-swinging, IMO... W/L is more important...

wait... just... one... f___... second...

Having fun is more important. F___ the stats.

In terms of actually "assessing a player", I have noticed that BO2's Score-per-Minute is actually a pretty good reflection of how many times you're going to curse that player over the course of the match...

6" = 1 KD point

I currently run a 1.02 KD Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Then I have a .03 using that logic Dave. Thanks me and my pack of rolaids are going to sit in the corner and cry.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:06 pm

YellowGeeHawd wrote:
Then I have a .03 using that logic Dave. Thanks me and my pack of rolaids are going to sit in the corner and cry.

K/D important? Images12
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:39 pm

As far as I'm concerned as K/D ration means little in Domination, as long as you aren't recklessly running into the same trap over, and over.....and over again giving the other team scorestreaks. If you're getting your ass handed to you...try and stay with others in a support role instead of trying to be a hero. Maybe watch the flank of your top player so they can get their scorestreaks going.

That being said, the ability to put up impressive K/D #'s in a game many times if more about lag than skill. Just the other night I was playing with some 30's and in the first game our top player when about 50-5, and in the second game was about 5-15. Same lobby, many of the same players, I think it might have even been the same map.

You wanna piss off a 30? run too far trying to be a triple cap hero and flip the spawn on someone protecting a scorestreak.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm with Arcanix, SPM is a better way to size up a player. Everytime we get into the lobby what's the first thing we do? Look at the leaderboard and see where our team stands. If we fill up the top half, we're typically in for an awesome game.

The only time K/D matters, like Migs said, is in TDM. And who the hell plays that?

Of course I only say this because my K/D went to shit in BO2. If we were still in the MW3 era then I'd say K/D trumps all!

LOL just kidding of course

<----Which reminds me, I need to change my K/D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:

The only time K/D matters, like Migs said, is in TDM. And who the hell plays that?

To many people on the PS3..... LAME, it sucks. In the evenings, 15 people will be on, and 12 of them are play TDM. How things have changed. When's that 720 coming out? DSYN still play DOM?

K/D matters to children, when they should be worring about chicks.

I do enjoy the 200 points to flip the spawn and/or triple cap from time to time. Totally agree that SPM matters a lot more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:31 pm

birddotcom wrote:
Sr Slampiece wrote:

To many people on the PS3..... LAME, it sucks. In the evenings, 15 people will be on, and 12 of them are play TDM. How things have changed. When's that 720 coming out? DSYN still play DOM?

why bird are you thinking of going over to DSYN? or getting an xbox? i don't get what you are trying to say about the ps3 side? do we play GW too much?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
birddotcom

birddotcom

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:32 pm

@Kamea - Late night is fine, DOM is preferred, GW is much better then HC TDM. When I get on after work, 90% of my FL is playing HC TDM, which I'm not down with. I was having some fun with the 720/DSYN comment.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:34 pm

ok got it, just needed to clarify buddy.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 pm

bluehound000 wrote:
As far as I'm concerned as K/D ration means little in Domination, as long as you aren't recklessly running into the same trap over, and over.....and over again giving the other team scorestreaks. If you're getting your ass handed to you...try and stay with others in a support role instead of trying to be a hero. Maybe watch the flank of your top player so they can get their scorestreaks going.

That being said, the ability to put up impressive K/D #'s in a game many times if more about lag than skill. Just the other night I was playing with some 30's and in the first game our top player when about 50-5, and in the second game was about 5-15. Same lobby, many of the same players, I think it might have even been the same map.

You wanna piss off a 30? run too far trying to be a triple cap hero and flip the spawn on someone protecting a scorestreak.
i totally agree with you bluehound000.
Back to top Go down
parabola79

parabola79

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 16

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 pm

I play pretty much everything... yea i play hardcore tdm.. but i do also play dom .. always a good thing to switch up every now and then.. instead of playing the same ol.thing everyday..
Back to top Go down
birddotcom

birddotcom

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:38 pm

I should have probably used purple font to show my sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
pogotheklown

pogotheklown

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 31

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 pm

birddotcom wrote:
@Kamea - Late night is fine, DOM is preferred, GW is much better then HC TDM. When I get on after work, 90% of my FL is playing HC TDM, which I'm not down with. I was having some fun with the 720/DSYN comment.

Same with me bird. I rarely will even bother to get on during the week cause all that are on are the HC players and my regular DOM buddies don't get on till after I'm in bed.

As for the K/D issue, it's not important, like many of you have said already. I have a decent K/D now and I could have a great K/D if I was play more defensively, But I prefer to run around like a chicken with my head cut off in the enemy spawn, which I'm sure irritates many of my teammates. For me the only stat I really care about is my SPM which is why I will cap as many enemy flags as I can cause I want those damn points!! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pogotheklown

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 3:48 pm

W/L is what its all about. I dont want to fuel the g/w debate but as soon we see 10 on im always down to break into two partys for dom. I think some times we get tunnel vision while playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

K/D important? Empty
PostSubject: Re: K/D important?   K/D important? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K/D important?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next