Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Is the Xbox One ready for release?

Go down 
+10
Repo_Dog
Doamne01
alX Newfie Xla
Grover 142
NukeLaCoog
walldoggy
Maverick9227
TheCanisDirus
Sr Slampiece
indyratpack
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

Is the Xbox One ready for release? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:36 am

Everytime an issue comes up with the Xbox One (headsets, used games, backward compatibility, etc.) the answer is always "we are currently working to have something available when it is released later this year, we will release more details in the future"

If they haven't figured out how to make this thing work yet, why is it being released? Are they so scared all the hard core gamers will convert to the PS4 they are willing to rush the system to market before making sure it works? That seems like a sure fire way to piss off your customers.

For all those that remember the problems they had when the 360 was released, the question people should be asking is: "What color is the ring of death on this system and how long will I have to wait to get it fixed?"

If they already have the answers to these questions then why wait to E3. It seems to me the one thing the May 21st preview did was create more questions than answers. The negative rumors seem to be flying all over the place.

I may have to wait 6 months to a year before I am willing to spend the large sum of money they will be asking for a product that will still need to be updated. I sure hope they prove me wrong when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:38 am

It's just like with the CoD games. Shove them out the door then we'll try to fix it later. LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:49 am

Microsoft's Xbox division has achieved their goal. They never wanted to be just a video game system... from day one it was become the ONE living room piece of entertainment. The 360's mass acceptance allowed them to make that jump this generation. It will sell... it will sell well... but analysts and game developers are already predicting all the core gamers are going to head to PS4.

Headsets, matchmaking, graphic fidelity and games in general are not as important to M$ anymore. They got popular... now they can do what they set out to. Make original Xbox TV content, take over your TV set top box from the cable company, run 3 operating systems at the same time so you can "multitask", provide trending recommendations on movies, show your social media as you browse the net and listen to streaming xbox music. Believe you me… this is part of the next Windows 8-9 strategy and operating system. Xbox One is M$’s HTPC.

The One was in development for a LONG time. It's very ready. The question, i believe, is the gaming community? We're not the "main" target audience anymore.
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:02 am

Well COD and BF4 will available for the 360 and PS4...might be time to head back to PS
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:07 am

I'm sure they are just trying to control the flow of information. They don't want everything coming out all at once. And specs may have been set already, especially if they need to start production to make millions of units for worldwide distribution, so it's just their nice way of saying, "Thank you, your concern is noted."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Maverick9227 wrote:
Well COD and BF4 will available for the 360 and PS4...might be time to head back to PS
And Destiny is giving PS4 the exclusive content and DLC priority. I'm seriously thinking of switching back to Playstation. If it wasn't for Halo and Forza... it would be a no brainer.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 1:20 pm

careful gun. Respawn is rumored to release their game exclusive to XBOX
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Grover 142

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm waiting on buying a next gen console...I'm a 37 year old Dad who gets 6-8 hours of playing a week (if that). I've got TONS of content still to play with..and once Destiny gets up and running, that could suck me up for months on end. I also just updated my XBox 360 to a XBOX 360 slim..so I'm good for years on hardware.

The only upside to the XBox One is that the controller is a SLIGHTLY modified XBox 360 controller.

I'm waiting for an independent hardware company to make a XBox like controller for a PS4..then I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 10:56 am

I thought this was an interesting description of the new matchmaking system with Xbox One. They are so confident in their ability to find a quick match that you can now "watch TV, or listen to music while we find your perfect match." I hope this doesn't hold true with COD:Ghosts.

Quote :
Introducing Smart Match, Xbox One’s revolutionary multiplayer matchmaking system. Completely reengineered for a new generation of gaming, Smart Match uses advanced algorithms to pair players based on skill, language, and now reputation. That means you play people that are most like you. And best of all, you no longer have to wait in lobbies while a match is found. Feel free to play a game, watch TV, or listen to music while we find your perfect match. Then you can jump in instantly. And thanks to the power of the cloud, your favorite matches are always running behind the scenes, so you can quickly find the people you like to play with most.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:28 am

Hmmm....if they are suggesting that I play a game or watch TV while they are finding "my perfect match" it doesn't speak too well of the efficiency of those advanced algorithms. I just envision a giant warehouse in China or India of thousands of people cranking out matchmaking computations on an abacus
Back to top Go down
alX Newfie Xla

alX Newfie Xla

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:52 am

Maverick9227 wrote:

not to sure about cod but bf4 is going to come out on the 360 as well as for the one
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:32 pm

MainNewfie wrote:
Maverick9227 wrote:

not to sure about cod but bf4 is going to come out on the 360 as well as for the one

Yeah, COD is going to be on the 360 and PS3 as well as the new gen boxes. Microsoft says that they're adding hundreds of thousands of servers and I wonder if they are going to be accessible to the 360 community or only the One? If they are accessible for the first year transition from the 360 to One then you guys should have great connections for Ghosts and BF4.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Doamne01 wrote:
MainNewfie wrote:
Maverick9227 wrote:

Yeah, COD is going to be on the 360 and PS3 as well as the new gen boxes. Microsoft says that they're adding hundreds of thousands of servers and I wonder if they are going to be accessible to the 360 community or only the One? If they are accessible for the first year transition from the 360 to One then you guys should have great connections for Ghosts and BF4.

All the new servers will be for the new xbox and they will take away half the old one's form the 360 but not going to tell people that !
Back to top Go down
AggroAce

AggroAce

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:56 am

Oh and get this... Apparently wont be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games. Will be a long, long while before I decide to make that leap.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:33 am

AggroAce wrote:
Oh and get this... Apparently wont be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games. Will be a long, long while before I decide to make that leap.

I argued this point with folks whining about this on facebook too. Since when have you played an old xbox game? For the PS3 guys, you HAD backwards compatibility, and it never was used. The fact of the matter is, neither console will have this from what i understand, and if it did, it would make the console be even more expensive. I already have an xbox 360 that I can play my games on.

The xbox 1 if i decide to buy it, will be allowing me to get rid of my blu ray player, cable box, and even my htpc (hopefully). and it still plays games? I just uncluttered my TV. The real deciding factor at this point is how xbox 1 and ps4 handle the used games market. It will be fine if there is a similar situation going on on consoles as with Steam, but that is very iffy. Used games are an important part of not only the console market, but also the pc market. A lot of peoples businesses count on how this is handled to keep themselves employed. This includes places such as Gamefly, Redbox (for games at least) and even Gamestop.

We all need to relax and sit down take a seat grab some popcorn and wait for E3 to come around so we can all turn our thumbs up, or turn them down ala Gladiator. We have had some information, but microsoft has backpeddled and the backlash may be worth changing their policies, and PS4 says they have heard the twitter campaign waged for no DRM on the PS4. in the end, the console companies are going to side with the one that has the most money, I certainly hope it is the throngs of gamers and casual players.

One way or the other, we will have to decide once this month is over. E3 is definitely shaping up to be judgement day.

Is the Xbox One ready for release? Thumbs_down_gladiatorIs the Xbox One ready for release? Upvotingroman
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:16 pm

pariah_81 wrote:

The xbox 1 if i decide to buy it, will be allowing me to get rid of my blu ray player, cable box, and even my htpc (hopefully). and it still plays games? I just uncluttered my TV.

At the moment this is the best thing about the new xbox. It is your all in one media center. If this solution appeals to you then it is one of the best devices to ever come out. If you aren't looking for this type of solution, or you like what you already have, then it is underwhelming at best. We will definitely know a lot more when E3 rolls around, but I expect more double talk and half truths from both companies that won't be cleared up until release. You are dead on about the used game issue. Sony could drop the hammer on Microsoft by just allowing used games with no extra charge to the consumer.

My idea to handle this and appease developers, publishers and consumers is this: charge a fee....to the retailer. Hell, Black Ops 2 is selling for $59.99 new and $54.99 used at Gamestop. Put the cost on them. It will cut their margins on used games, but they are currently through the roof already. The consumer will still be able to get discounted used games, the retailer will still make money and the developer/publisher will get a piece too. The drawback for the consumer is that their trade in value will decrease.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Nuke, I could care less about trade in value personally. They give much less than it is worth Kids are still going to trade them in even with the less amount. I did read a new article on Joystiq where it was confirmed that there will be no fees to play used games but it will need to check in to verify the validity of the disk. I honestly am ok with that. It is still very much need more solid evidence before saying one or the other, however Sony is making jokes about DRM so that is pretty much going to be either one huge riot or a nonissue.

I still want to like the xbox 1, I am excited about the gaming possibilities. I mean honestly, when you can have enhanced gameplay with 300k servers backing you, this machine will be here for a decade or more at this point. It still annoys me that we are still not getting whole truths about things this late in the game.
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:46 pm

pariah_81 wrote:

The xbox 1 if i decide to buy it, will be allowing me to get rid of my blu ray player, cable box, and even my htpc (hopefully). and it still plays games? I just uncluttered my TV.

According to the new Xbox One section on Xbox.com, you actually connect your cable or satellite box to the console. It does not replace them. You'll also see at the bottom of the page in the footnote section: Supported television tuner or cable/satellite set top box with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/what-it-does?xr=shellnav

As far as dedicated servers for gameplay, my understanding was that all these new servers were because of all the cloud storage that will be involved. They were for storage and not gameplay.

Unfortunately their preview opened up a can of worms with all kinds of new questions without any answers.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm

[quote="pariah_81"]
AggroAce wrote:
but microsoft has backpeddled and the backlash may be worth changing their policies, and PS4 says they have heard the twitter campaign waged for no DRM on the PS4.

Exactly... They sure have! All while Sony responds to gamers via the noDRM campaign saying they're listening... then today...

"This morning, Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida, one of the few Sony execs who is active on Twitter and hasn't addressed the campaign yet, responded in the best way possible: by trolling everyone -

Shuhei Yoshida @yosp
"Death Ray Manta" coming to PlayStation Vita! #DRMPSVita http://www.inquisitr.com/678568/death-ray-manta-blasting-its-way-to-playstation-vita/
…"

Sony appears to be not using DRM or has some "less strict" regulating idea in the works.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:15 pm

[quote="indyratpack"]
pariah_81 wrote:
As far as dedicated servers for gameplay, my understanding was that all these new servers were because of all the cloud storage that will be involved. They were for storage and not gameplay.

That's what i thought at first but it's not just about the storage rather true"cloud computing".... that is just about the ONLY thing that really interests me about the One.

Via a recent article via Game Politics...

While there has been much debate just how effectively Microsoft can put certain functions of Xbox One games on the cloud, Xbox One will support cloud technology and according to OXM, Xbox incubation and prototyping group manager Jeff Henshaw says that the cloud will provide developers with the CPU and storage equivalent of three extra consoles.

"We’re provisioning for developers for every physical Xbox One we build, we’re provisioning the CPU and storage equivalent of three Xbox Ones on the cloud," he said. "We’re doing that flat out so that any game developer can assume that there’s roughly three times the resources immediately available to their game, so they can build bigger, persistent levels that are more inclusive for players."
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:34 pm

indyratpack wrote:
pariah_81 wrote:

According to the new Xbox One section on Xbox.com, you actually connect your cable or satellite box to the console. It does not replace them. You'll also see at the bottom of the page in the footnote section: Supported television tuner or cable/satellite set top box with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxone/what-it-does?xr=shellnav

Unfortunately their preview opened up a can of worms with all kinds of new questions without any answers.

Xfinity already has all of their on demand on xbox, and they were there showing that the xbox 1 was showing xfinity through the one. This to me shows that this will be native. If i am wrong, oh well I will go back to having the PC on the bottom, and this still gives me much less clutter, and a way to DVR the live TV I get from my htpc. Not only that, i can pump directly into the xbox one for my tv tuner if i feel like that is the way i want to go. A lot of things are possible.

Also, here is the article on how the cloud computing works with the new xbox. It is a pretty amazing thing honestly and one that I am excited to see how it works out.

http://kotaku.com/how-the-xbox-one-harnesses-the-mighty-power-of-the-clou-509148579
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm

^^^I'm really curious about it. And PS4's Gaikai. It looks like both parties are betting on cloud functionality.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:45 pm

^^^ Yeah i thought it sounded too good to be true. Bandwidth and latency dependent etc... shit... CoD can't even run on smooth dedicated servers (cheap bastards) so i guess that guy is right. Developers will develop for the common denominator... the PC and PS4 leaving out most or all of the Xbox One's cloud computing available to them. More making me lean to the PS4... damn it. I want Halo 5 and Forza and Respawn's title Sad
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:41 pm

I will only get one if i can start a payment plan in wet farts and skid marks!

Cause it sounds like shit anyway!

My intelligent 2cents;}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Xbox One ready for release?   Is the Xbox One ready for release? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the Xbox One ready for release?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next