Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Nov 8th release for Xbox One????

Go down 
+4
Repo_Dog
walldoggy
Nely
TheCanisDirus
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Empty
PostSubject: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Wingnut, remember I guessed Nov 8 for the xbox one when PS4 announced Nov 15.

Smile

http://www.examiner.com/article/leaked-walmart-email-rumors-xbox-one-release-on-nov-8

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Omg-too-much

I had a feeling they might do that to try and stick it to Sony a little. Would be a smart move on their part if they can pull it off!
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:22 pm

One would think that MS would want to release this info not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm sure they'll release it when they are sure they can make whatever day they have picked.

Entire "leak" could be fake obviously.

I'm sticking with my prediction that both consoles will be on shelves (or sold out) come Black Friday. It is really no shocker. I've said before that they surely were both shooting for the end Oct-first Nov as their preferred launch windows. Sony hit the window and I'm sure Microsoft is trying to make sure they do as well.

I suspect that BOTH originally planned to release on Nov 1 if everything had went perfectly according to play which never happens.

Wingnut originally picked BF4 release week. I adjusted and choose the week CoD is set to release instead which would put Xbone out one week before the PS3 which would be secondary "bragging rights" to a company like MSFT. More important......release a few weeks before Black Friday......CoD Ghosts week would be a great option for that.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:57 pm

NOTE & Disclaimer: OK, so please don’t take this as bashing the XB1.  I’m writing this out of a general interest in the business/marketing perspective of the unprecedented (potential) launch of two consoles with a week of each other.  This is more about the dates and what each means to each company.  I would still feel the same about the benefits/drawbacks for each date if the console launch dates were reversed.  And as a business man, it makes my selling the extra consoles I have preordered easier.  Lol

And yes, I'm going for the record for the longest post ever. haha
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested in what people think of the release dates, assuming Nov 8th holds true.  After Gamescon, there was talk that finally Sony did something ahead of MSFT by announcing the PS4 release date first.  This gave MSFT the advantage in that they could react and counter what Sony did by announcing the date after they did.

As a former Blockbuster video manager and movie buff in general, this reminds me of summer tentpole movies and how their release dates are carefully coordinated to take into account other movies coming out, holidays, etc.  You really wouldn't want to release an action movie the weekend before Star Wars VII comes out in 2015 for instance.  You might win that week beforehand, but after that, everyone would be talking about the next big thing.  So I think this applies in some ways to the release dates for both consoles.

Funny thing.  As I was writing this and looking at November on the calendar, I actually figured, in a vacuum, Nov 8th was probably the best day to do a November launch.  If you had the only console coming out this year, it would be plenty of time to sell your launch units, have them in people’s hands, get them buzzing about their awesome new console to their friends, and then have mom and pop waiting each weekend morning at Toys R Us and Best Buy to get new shipments before Black Friday and then Christmas.

However, things change with the two consoles launching so close to each other.  I think it pays to be second in this race for a few reasons.  Sony, by choosing to launch on the 15th and not the 7th, actually choose a slightly less optimal day (in my mind at least) to launch, but did so strategically to put MSFT in a worse position.  Just hear me out...

By launching Nov 15th, Sony chose the perfect day in THIS November to release their console.  It's two weeks before Black Friday.  You get a nice run up to Black Friday, a little bit of time to do your launch shipments and then get another wave or two of shipments to consumers and then Black Friday.  Logistically, it gives you a little buffer between launch and Black Friday to get shipments out to retailers.  From a marketing standpoint, it's not too far from Black Friday to stay in the minds of consumers as the hottest new thing on the market.  You can also tweak your message based on any issues that come up with the XB1 launch a week or two before.

But the biggest thing for Sony is the bind it puts MSFT in.  For MSFT and the XB1, the 22nd is too close to Black Friday and they wouldn't want to launch then, or later.  The launch would get lost with everything else going on with the holidays and the general mayhem with Black Friday.  Plus you run the risk of problems if there are shipping delays, etc. that might cause you to miss Black Friday entirely.  

Too early in November, or October even, and your message starts getting pushed aside by the time Sony launches and Black Friday come around.  You also start to lose the cross-promo possibilities of marketing your console during the launch and Black Friday at the same time.  So MSFT really need to take advantage of the week you have and blitz all media.  Make the launch so big it can stay on par with, or over-shadow the PS4.  Mindshare is a big thing and by being second, Sony gets to be more “new” than the XB1, even if only by a week.  And we are fickle consumer aren't we, always distracted by the new shiny toy.  MSFT can do well for sure, but they have a tougher road to hoe.  For the hardcore gamers, it doesn't really matter.  But for the general public, the people that will

So, in needing to work around the 15th, it would seem Nov 8 is really the only time they can launch.  Unless of course, they wanted to go full thermonuclear and launch on Nov 14th.  But I think retailers would kill them if they did that.  lol

So what's my point?  I guess I don't have one.  I'm sure both will sell out of their shipments all the way into 2014.  And having two new consoles launch within a week of each other hasn't ever happened before, so this is just awesome for gamers.  November can't get here soon enough.  Looking forward to both coming out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:05 pm

^^^I was thinking the same thing.  I still believe that M$ is trying to launch with Ghosts as they've put so much emphasis on the "cloud" and dedicated server aspect.  That or they wanted to launch with Ghosts but are having chip yield problems or setbacks because of all the 180s.  

But i agree with Okra in that they'll both DEF be on shelves (if supplies allow) for Black Friday.  There is talk of PS4 "selling out" with supply only enough for preorders and little to no stock for physical store shelves during the launch window... this could happen for One as well.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:30 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
But i agree with Okra in that they'll both DEF be on shelves (if supplies allow) for Black Friday.  There is talk of PS4 "selling out" with supply only enough for preorders and little to no stock for physical store shelves during the launch window... this could happen for One as well.
I would imagine sell outs and short supply until into 2014. People lining up to get it in the mornings etc. Normal fun times. lol
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:40 pm

I bet they will both hold some out for store selves but not many !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:53 pm

I think they both were shooting to be as early as possible for the reasons you stated that applied if there were but one console releasing.

Anytime Nov 15th or before would be a great launch day. Later than that and you don't get the pre Black Friday buzz going you mentioned. I really don't think which launches first or second amounts to even a little difference as long as they launch at least two weeks prior to Black Friday and they launch near the same time as the other (not months between launches).

The only real effect I think Sony's launch announcement may have had on MSFT was that they were aware that the PS4 had hit the primary launch window (Oct 15-Nov 22 imo) so they better make sure they hit it too or the PS4 might actually get a leg up in the early holiday shopping.

If they launch on Nov 8 and then Nov 15.......neither console "won." Well, actually both consoles will have "won" the race to launch when they actually planned (around that time anyway). I think it makes for no advantage whatsoever either way. Doesn't help xbox to be a week earlier (if true) and doesn't help PS4 to be the last one out.

Buzz will build for both esp through their own communities and this is the real goal for both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Repo_Dog wrote:
I bet they will both hold some out for store selves but not many !
You know some retailer will hold out 5 and run a huge ad for Black Friday at least.

Ha ha.

"COME TO JOE's ELECTRONICS HUGE BLACK FRIDAY SALE>>>>>>WE HAVE THE PS4 and XBOX ONE YOU HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR.+++++

+++++Supplies of PS4 and Xbox One are limited.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 am

FWIW: Heres an article from Kotaku now saying the Xbox will not launch on the 8th but after.

Yesterday, we heard from a source at a marketing company who had seen documentation pencilling the Xbox One in for a tentative, unconfirmed November 8 launch. Today, a source close to Microsoft tells us that's not the case.P

The source says to expect the console at a date later than November 8, though obviously still in the month of November, as that's the release window Microsoft has promised for some time.P

So hey, we're back to not having a release date, but at least armchair fortune-tellers can now rule out November 8 (or earlier!).
-Via Kotaku

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 am

Looking like Nov 9-31 then lol.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:36 am

I'm posting this just to illustrate that the One and PS4 could very likely sell out completely with no store stock at all after filling preorders (no M$ vs Sony crap)

I really think those who didn't preorder will be out of luck come November and not able to get one at a retail store... it's going to be hard enough as it is for Sony and M$ to meet preorder demands with numbers now over 1 million.  

I'm glad i preordered.

Sony U.K. Managing Director Fergal Gara said: "The problem with pre-orders, which is a good problem to have, is that they're very, very high. Higher than we've ever seen in 20 years in this business," said Sony U.K. Managing Director Fergal Gara.  

"As an ex-retailer myself I understand this at least as well as anyone else: We need to help retailers manage the expectations of their customers and not let them down."

"We are going to be looking at a sell-out situation and chasing demand, it's a problem, it's kind of a good problem to have, but it is a problem and we're trying to manage that as responsibly as we possibly can."
-Via Int Biz Times
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:26 am

FYI, this was a hoax rumor. here is the article on Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-will-not-launch-on-november-8-after-all-1211069173
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:34 am

^^^Posted that 3 posts above ya Pariah. Razz 
Back to top Go down
invisible843

invisible843

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:05 pm

Ill be getting mine from the last place someone would look...KMART
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:06 pm

I thought Kmart went bankrupt and shut down hahaha no idea those places still existed.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Wow they are thinking of launching the week before Thanksgiving? Or maybe Black Friday? That would be cra-cra!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Dead guessed they'd launch the same exact day.

Could he have been right all along?

Could we see ANOTHER 180 where MS announces tomorrow that it actually is before Nov 8?

I will crack up if they actually launch on Nov 15. That'd be just about perfect.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:17 pm

^^^^Ugh, god i hope it's not the same day... only reason being larger crowds picking up their preordered consoles... and the inevitable trash talking in line. I might have to shank a 14 year old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:25 pm

No biggie.

Amazon man.

Gamestop is the devil. Hate that place as much as any retailer. They wanted a 100 bucks to "reserve" my kid's system. LOL. Yah, I laughed in the guys face......couldn't help myself cause it was funny when he said he want 100 bucks today.

I can cancel at Amazon whenever I like without leaving the house and they don't have a dollar of my money yet. Won't be leaving to go shopping release day either. UPS guy will bring the thing to my door probably around 2pm if he is on schedule.

Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:33 pm

I am at work lol lay off =)
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:47 pm

The only benefit to Gamestop is to get it at 12:01am. Of course, you have to pay the deposit and then wait in line. Ok, so maybe more like 12:45am. lol But that would be about 13 hours longer than waiting for Amazon. Evil or Very Mad 

I did both... amazon and gamestop. We'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:10 pm

I believe Cod Ghosts release date is the 8th as well - they are more than likely trying to jump in on that hype with the new console
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:15 pm

I'll be sleeping at 12:45 AM.

I might be sleeping at 2pm too.

Might have to curse the UPS guy if he shows up before 10 AM.

In my old age, a few hours delay seems to matter less and less. Assuming I'm sitting in a comfortable place like my own home.

I'm not a college frosh trying to get some Dead tickets to the show in Atlanta anymore.

Know what I"m sayin?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nov 8th release for Xbox One????   Nov 8th release for Xbox One???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nov 8th release for Xbox One????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next