Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Quickscoping Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Quickscoping

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:23 pm

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone is going to practice this for MW3.....looks like it could be useful to have some quickscopers in the clan...just hope it's not too overused.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:30 pm

I can do it worth a damn. Won't be me.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:14 pm

I have perfected a different strategy called not so quickscoping.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:49 pm

IDREF wrote:
I have perfected a different strategy called not so quickscoping.

Exactly, I HATE quickscopers! For sniper rifles you should be required to ADS for at least a full second before you are allowed to fire.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:34 pm

I agree, I don't like quickscopers. I do like to snipe although I haven't sniped on black ops very much at all. If you are to quickscope and you have a television that you use exclusively for gaming as I do. If you place a small dot of tape on your screen where your weapon sights aim when shooting it helps you keep you on target as you run around the map. I do like that mw3 is bringing back a perk that allows you to carry two primary weapons, although even without it there are plenty of weapons lying on the ground to replace your secondary with.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Instead of tape on the middle of my screen I use a small suction cup used to hang decorations from a window. It is clear and has a hook on it I point up so it looks kind of like a real iron site. If you carry duel anything it is awesome.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:10 am

i guess i missed the whole "how to quickscope like a pro" by IDREF and Obticeo. LOL
i dont really think this strategy would help me a whole lot. but to the guys that are good at it good luck cuz i rarely and mean RARELY, carrry a sniper. usually just messing around and it just pisses me off most of the time.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:42 am

A Sniper has its place. Defending objectives or taking other snipers out. Never running around in the open and hip-firing or doing a 360-window-leap-trick-shot. In my ideal CoD gaming world a sniper would be forced to jsavvy's requirement but also would benefit from having no killcam giving away your position, and be protected by full-time ghost like perks. I take reference from the older battlefield series where a class was entirely limited to a function rather than a customization.
Perfecting a well-timed combination button sequence should not yield a guaranteed kill. Period. It is not only BS, but is an insult to the sniper purpose in general.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:55 am

I dont use the suction cup to quick scope I use it so my assault rifle is already aimed at a target when I aim down scope or hipfire. I have like 50 sniper kills total. Beckville
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 am

Ref I meant no offense just a good idea to utilize to help with ads
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:22 am

IDREF wrote:
I dont use the suction cup to quick scope I use it so my assault rifle is already aimed at a target when I aim down scope or hipfire. I have like 50 sniper kills total. Beckville

lol Suction cup I can't believe ppl actually do that.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:49 am

I didnt play mw2 so didnt experience that. I hope its not like that in mw3.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:17 am

I'm an okay sniper and I think there are only a few of us clannies that use it consistently. I wish I was a lot better though.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:38 pm

franread5 wrote:
I didnt play mw2 so didnt experience that. I hope its not like that in mw3.

Me too Fran...maybe some of the MW2 vets know the best way to counter it because if it's widely used it will be a nightmare.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:09 pm

I never quickscoped on mw2. I did snipe though. There are a couple of ways to counter. If they are a quickscoper and are really good and they are camping a spot avoid that area or try to flank them using a ghost perk like you would any camper. I will just say there are a lot of wannabe quickscopers but there are only a few quickscopers with skills good enough to ruin your day. I would rather play against a quickscoper than a one man army noob tuber, especially on dom.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:56 pm

Obticeo Sicarius wrote:
I never quickscoped on mw2. I did snipe though. There are a couple of ways to counter. If they are a quickscoper and are really good and they are camping a spot avoid that area or try to flank them using a ghost perk like you would any camper. I will just say there are a lot of wannabe quickscopers but there are only a few quickscopers with skills good enough to ruin your day. I would rather play against a quickscoper than a one man army noob tuber, especially on dom.

Agreed the only way toget around quickscopers. They were a pain when you came across guys who were good.
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:08 am

Never really thought of it like that....the little I played MW2 was as a randumb so there was little or no communication so running with the clan we can let everyone know where the bitches are Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:29 am

I will be sniping in Mw3. I've never played mw2 so I've never experienced quickscoping. From videos its no where near how it was in Mw2 compared to black ops. The only time I pull off a quickscope is when I move from one point to another and someone happens to be in my way. Razz
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:00 am

QS'rs in MW2 really had the advantage in small maps and close quarters, which is why it's so frustrating. On medium maps they were really just like any other guy with an AR. But on the small maps they can use their Sniper rifle as a shotgun basically and then pick you off long range on the huge maps. Basically turning a niche weapon into the most deadly and versatile gun in the lineup. Which is a glitch, is unfair, and unfortunately is something to have to deal with.

I will be practicing on it the next few weeks in other words. The only thing that sucks is I have to unlock SoH pro in MW2 again, as I'm some lower level Prestige 4 or something. After I unlock it i'll be practicing on private maps or maybe clannies. Then in game types.

From all the tutorial videos, it seems the key is being able to see the gameplay in your mind two-dimensionally, just concentrating on squeezing the crosshairs down and firing, and ignoring the conditioning of trying to be accurate and have perfect shots.

Try using the tankers in "Rust" and work on zero-ing your Quickscope in a no-pressure environment or use a clannie as a shooting dummy Wink
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Me and quickscoping is not a good mix   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:25 am

Don't know abt u guys but I am totally rubbish at quickscoping and with a sniper rifle in general, and it's not through lack of trying either, no matter what I do I end up with abt 5 kills (if i'am lucky!!!)
But some players just make it look so easy (damn them all!!!)
Give me a FAL with an ACOG sight any day Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

I'm definitely going to practice sniping because the hit detection should be better in MW3 but I am pretty rubb Very Happy ish in Blops
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:36 am

quickscoping

how do you do it.

when i get quickscoped their hit marker never seems anywhere near me?

i love hiding and sniping.

but quickscoping is for pussies hahahahahah

bomber
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:37 am

I found it pretty easy. I get a 50% success rate Q-scoping but I don't like it and I think it ruins the game. It's too easy and unfair.

I want the game to be realistic not like unreal tournament or some shite
Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:42 am

Bomber

You need the perks setup correctly

You need to be stationary (even if its just for the split second while you fire the shot) you can still look around but not move around.

press L1 and L3 simultaneously and just as the animation starts to bring up the scope fire.

If the target is in the middle of your screen you get a hit and with stopping power a 1 hit kill 95% of the time

Back to top Go down

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 4:03 pm

I just started playing CoD back in July.

The first game I bought was MW2 and I quickly found out what "quickscoping" is all about.

I think you can expect to see a ton of quickscoping in MW3 because snipers couldn't stand Black Ops since they really nerfed quickscoping in that game. These snipers went back to MW2 and they have been waiting to for MW3 for a long time now.

A good quickscoper is really, really hard to kill. They use a flaw in the game mechanics that allows them to use the auto-aim combined with the one shot kill of sniper rifles to totally overpower other players at any range. It is all about timing really. If you practice getting the timing down then you can become very good at quickscoping and the game engine itself does most of the killing for you.

Black Ops took out the faster ADS feature on sniper rifles and I believe they also adjusted the auto-aim feature for sniper rifles as well as made most sniper rifles two-shot kills. That effectively killed quickscoping in Black Ops. In MW2 a sniper with an Intervention and stopping power could one shot kill you if they hit you in your toe.

Bacically, the auto-aim with a sniper rifle in MW2 would automatically put the scope on a person if they are inside the big (huge) hip-fire "crosshairs" whenever you went to ADS (scope in) as soon as you see a glimmer of the actual scope you just fire (timing is the key here and that is what takes practice). If you hit them anywhere then you got the kill. There are some other "tricks" to quickscoping that separate the really good ones from they guys who are just trying.

A really good quickscoper is a beast though and they have the advantage over you in close quarters combat even. The one shot kill and auto-aim mechanics for sniper rifles are what really make it so overpowered.

You also had no scoping in MW2. It was also an abuse of the auto-aim mechanics in the gaming engine that combined with the one shot kill at any range for sniper rifles made hip firing a sniper rifle powerful in close quarters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quickscoping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quickscoping   Quickscoping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quickscoping
Page 1 of 1