Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS4 Digital Game Sharing

Go down 
+3
Doamne01
Criptic Wolf
walldoggy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PS4 Digital Game Sharing Empty
PostSubject: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:21 pm

http://games.yahoo.com/news/digital-game-sharing-works-playstation-4-034538657.html

If you are too lazy to click the link, here is a copy of the article:

When the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One were first announced, the ability to share physical copies of games was rumored to be in jeopardy. This caused an uproar from the gaming community and eventually forced Microsoft to rethink its strategy on digital rights management on its next-gen console. Sony reaped the benefits of the PR backlash by gleefully rubbing Microsoft’s nose in the mess it had made, but until now, there has been no word on how (or if) digital copies of games can be shared with friends and family on Sony’s own console. Now, just over two weeks from release, Sony has posted a PlayStation 4 FAQ online that details exactly how digital game sharing will work.

When you buy a PlayStation 4, you can name that console as your primary system. Friends and family who use the console can play any of the games you have downloaded from the PlayStation Store, regardless of whether they have logged into your account. If you have an active PlayStation Plus account, other users are also able to play online, even without their own subscription to the premium service.

As for “secondary” consoles (any consoles that are not registered as your primary PS4), you must be logged into the PlayStation Network on your own account to download or play games you have previously purchased. Up to two systems can be logged into your account simultaneously as well, and there is no limit to the number of systems you can use.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Pretty damn cool
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:42 pm

I don't remember the exact details and honestly don't feel like looking it up, but this sounds very similar to what MS originally announced, with friends being able to play your games and sharing and whatnot, which was then scrapped because everybody bitched...which then turned into people bitching because they keep changing things. Like I said just going off my old man foggy memory so may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Criptic Wolf wrote:
I don't remember the exact details and honestly don't feel like looking it up, but this sounds very similar to what MS originally announced, with friends being able to play your games and sharing and whatnot, which was then scrapped because everybody bitched...which then turned into people bitching because they keep changing things.  Like I said just going off my old man foggy memory so may be wrong.
If only there was an XFanBoi here to enlighten us.  Oh right, he left.  haha

Um, I think with the XB1 family sharing, you could designate up to 10 other people/XB Live/consoles that could share your games.  

With PS4, you can log in with your PSN on two different PS4s and play your downloaded games.  Any number of PS4's can use your PSN, but only two simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:05 pm

walldoggy wrote:
Criptic Wolf wrote:
...which was then scrapped because everybody bitched...which then turned into people bitching because they keep changing things.  Like I said just going off my old man foggy memory so may be wrong.
Um, I think with the XB1 family sharing, you could designate up to 10 other people/XB Live/consoles that could share your games.  

With PS4, you can log in with your PSN on two different PS4s and play your downloaded games.  Any number of PS4's can use your PSN, but only two simultaneously.
From my own slightly older man foggy memory, I believe that is was rumored that the 10 other people were expected to have a timed demo of the full game, but would not be able to just share the game and all 10 play together unlimited.

The real difference is that Sony still allows the disks to be sold, traded, and shared where MS wasn't going to and that's what people were complaining about. MS could have kept all of the digital stuff the way that is was, minus the constant check-in, and just allowed sharing, trading, and selling of the physical disk games and nobody would have been upset.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Didn't know where to post his but

I am ready. Gamestop has these already

PS4 Digital Game Sharing YmOKMRV
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm pretty sure this isn't the right place, but it's ok. I'll let it slide this once.

Mine is coming with my console on Nov. 15th. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Nely wrote:
Didn't know where to post his but

I am ready.  Gamestop has these already

PS4 Digital Game Sharing YmOKMRV
Shit I'd be so tempted to cram it in the PS3 lol! I can't wait to hit the download button (going all digital on the PS4) BF4 will fill my epic huge battles need and Killzone will replace my COD close quarters battles need.

But back OT...

I think the main difference is ability to do what you want with the disc and still have sharing. M$ would have had a great digital strategy if they gave gamers options... their family sharing etc was a stellar idea, and i was behind the original version of the One (minus the DRM and meh hardware (power)).
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 am

I wouldn't do that.  Putting a PS4 disc in a PS3 will permanently burn in an image on the disc of the Xbox One.

clown
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:12 am

walldoggy wrote:

Wow and we call ourselves adults. Just because someone else had a different opinion on something and got tired of all the brow beating that was going on and left because they did not feel like hearing all the BS being shoved down people's throats about which console is going to be better and such and now that he isn't here to defend himself you are going to take a shot at him? Seriously? I don't know you personally but from what I have gathered from reading the posts that you placed on the I thought you were better than this.
      Before anyone sits there and gets their panties in a bunch I am not a fan boy of either system. I like both current gen systems I own both. I prefer things about one over the other but neither has my loyalty. I am just as sick of the crap being thrown around about this and that before anything is seen in person. My plan for the next gen is very simple. I have a Xbox One pre-ordered through Best Buy I have to pick it up in a week. I will not pick it up until 5 days have past since launch. Therefore I have the time for both systems to be reviewed by the public and not some faceless "Industry Insiders" that may or may not have motives of their own. Anyone can be "bought" look at the backlash on Woody's Gamertag and all that drama.
       I lurk on the boards and put my two cents in here and there I may read a post and just smh and wonder what the color of the Kool-aid that the person was drinking and I have to hand it to Guns for Hire for backing off because up to a couple of days ago I swear that you where hanging from Sony's nutsack. I appreciate the posts on the Rumors and crap but that is what they are Rumors again I point to my plan on what to do when both systems are out on the market. If MS fails then I go and wait for the opportunity to get a PS4 and pick one up. I am more than happy to play on that. But I want to see them in action in the hands of real gamers aka Johnny Q Gamer before my judgement is made on either system.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 am

PS4 Digital Game Sharing I-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831
You'll believe... when "my" rumors keep coming true.lol! 
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:52 am

For the record, This currently looks like what the xbox 360 is. The only difference is that a second system that you are logged into can play the game. This is nothing like what Microsoft originally came up with. The family sharing was any 10 systems anywhere could be part of your "family". This family would be able to access your games, and the rumor was you could play them with your family across the world. The draw back was only 2 people could play a game at a time. so basically, if tyden was in my family, we could play COD together, or separately if I bought it. then if he bought bf4 we could play it together or separately. It was going to add to peoples collections 10 fold. you would also be able to collaborate between your group so you did not buy multiple copies of games. This ps4 game sharing is very very tame comparatively speaking.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:53 am

gun fer hire wrote:
PS4 Digital Game Sharing I-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831
You'll believe... when "my" rumors keep coming true.lol! 
so that people can put things in perspective before making a lasting decision.

http://kotaku.com/about-those-xbox-one-vs-ps4-graphics-rumors-1454130634
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:55 am

Ah, that article. Well, i personally, completely disagree with it after spending the last few weeks on neoGAF listening to insiders and developers gush about every minute detail of both systems. They are all saying the gap will stand.

Stephen's point of view and outlook on things is completely valid... however, i dont think that will be the case.

Take BF4 for instance...

You have a game that is basically BF3 with some new shiny bits... it's not "complex" or "new" for DICE... they can program it in their sleep... they might experience some issues with XBO's tools... but they've always stated they will push a version of game for the individual console. PS4 can push more polys/effects/filters/ai etc. and it's now obvious that developers (barring any shady deals with M$ keeping a PS4 version of a multiplat down (unlikely)) will maximize each version of a game for each console.

Will we always see 720p on Xbox and 1080p on PS4... i dont "think" so... i'm sure we'll start seeing 1080p multiplats on Xbox too... but i personally believe there will be always be a gap. It might come in the way of more effects or people on screen or players in multiplayer etc.. but it will be there.

Also but OT: Comparing Ryse and Killzone is also invalid to an extent... you cant compare a closed off button mash QTE game to a full, medium scale online multiplayer running at 60fps 1080p... not even close. Killzone is much better looking and Ryse should have every advantage with its closed off, low resource nature. If thee was a Ryse style game on PS4... it would be to an extent Dark Sourseror like in terms of visual fidelity (Ok, maybe not 100% as crazy good lol... but much better than Ryse if BF and KZ on PS4 are)
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:06 am

pariah_81 wrote:
For the record,  This currently looks like what the xbox 360 is.  The only difference is that a second system that you are logged into can play the game.  This is nothing like what Microsoft originally came up with.  The family sharing was any 10 systems anywhere could be part of your "family".  This family would be able to access your games, and the rumor was you could play them with your family across the world.  The draw back was only 2 people could play a game at a time.  so basically,  if tyden was in my family,  we could play COD together, or separately if I bought it.  then if he bought bf4 we could play it together or separately.  It was going to add to peoples collections 10 fold.  you would also be able to collaborate between your group so you did not buy multiple copies of games.  This ps4 game sharing is very very tame comparatively speaking.  
See, everything that I read was that they would have been time limited shares, but, because they didn't implement them, we may never know. Either way, the point is that MS decided to scrap everything in order to "allow" people to buy, sell, trade, and share their games; Sony is "allowing" all of that AND adding on these additional digital game sharing features.

Cryptic mentioned that this seemed similar to MS's plans that people "bitched" about, but I think what people were disappointed about was the lack of used buying, selling, trading, and lending; not the fact that there were sharing features on digital content. I think that most people would have been thrilled if MS had gone through with their sharing features AND allowed the owner of the disks to sell, trade, and share those disks as they see fit.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:41 pm

TydenWolf wrote:
walldoggy wrote:

Wow and we call ourselves adults. Just because someone else had a different opinion on something and got tired of all the brow beating that was going on and left because they did not feel like hearing all the BS being shoved down people's throats about which console is going to be better and such and now that he isn't here to defend himself you are going to take a shot at him? Seriously? I don't know you personally but from what I have gathered from reading the posts that you placed on the I thought you were better than this.
Wow. I had a nice long reply written, but I'm just going to say a couple things.

1) Yes he was a fan boi, more than he cared to admit. The fact he left because of the "brow beating" proves that. If he wasn't so attached to his viewpoint (my definition of a fanboi), then he wouldn't have been so insulted by what people were saying.

2) The context of my post was that we couldn't remember the details of the family sharing program. So yes, if he was still here, I'm sure he could have enlightened us as to how the program was supposed to work. I still am not 100% sure how it would have worked, not that it matters because MSFT scrapped it anyways.

3) I wasn't laughing AT him. I was laughing at the fact he would actually leave the clan over whatever "brow beating" he was taking. I mean, who does this?

I'm going to talk about my minivan again, because I love it so much. I think every family should have one. I laugh at all the people that struggle to get babies and all their gear into their SUV's and sedans while my side door slides open on it's own and I can fit a small town in my trunk that closes with the push of a button. I think it makes perfect sense to own a minivan if you have kids and it is the height of narcissism and impracticality to not get one because it's "not cool." I'll say it now. If you have kids and you don't own a minivan, you are an idiot.

Please don't leave the clan if you don't have a minivan.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:26 pm

walldoggy wrote:
TydenWolf wrote:
walldoggy wrote:

Wow.  I had a nice long reply written, but I'm just going to say a couple things.

1) Yes he was a fan boi, more than he cared to admit.  The fact he left because of the "brow beating" proves that.  If he wasn't so attached to his viewpoint (my definition of a fanboi), then he wouldn't have been so insulted by what people were saying.

2) The context of my post was that we couldn't remember the details of the family sharing program.  So yes, if he was still here, I'm sure he could have enlightened us as to how the program was supposed to work.  I still am not 100% sure how it would have worked, not that it matters because MSFT scrapped it anyways.

3) I wasn't laughing AT him.  I was laughing at the fact he would actually leave the clan over whatever "brow beating" he was taking.  I mean, who does this?  

I'm going to talk about my minivan again, because I love it so much.  I think every family should have one.  I laugh at all the people that struggle to get babies and all their gear into their SUV's and sedans while my side door slides open on it's own and I can fit a small town in my trunk that closes with the push of a button.  I think it makes perfect sense to own a minivan if you have kids and it is the height of narcissism and impracticality to not get one because it's "not cool."  I'll say it now.  If you have kids and you don't own a minivan, you are an idiot.

Please don't leave the clan if you don't have a minivan.
I actually thought about leaving too just because I was tired of how my opinion was crapped on over and over.  at this point I have not even played with folks from our clan for a couple of months because I have a very bad taste in my mouth.  I have been holing myself up in Diablo 3 lately.  When I get ghosts for my xbox 1 im sure I will get back on and play with my friends.  but until then im letting myself cool down.  I am really pissed about this crap,  and this is coming from someone who has been in this clan for close to 3 years (from black ops 1)

Edit: oh I have kids and don't own a minivan...I own a huge ass SUV. =P
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Dont take it so personal Pariah... it's just video games man.

You may think some people think stupid shit... they may think the same or diff about you yada yada... but at the end of the day... none of it matters and we're all a cool group of people... regardless of console choice etc.

Now... i need to go yell at someone on the phone for an hour because of stupid dental insurance... THAT's shit you go get pissed about lol... not video games.

(no offense if you are actually upset... if i've caused any shit...nothing personal man)
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:44 pm

It is not that I take much personally, but to be honest it has been an attack on those that have chosen to go with microsoft. you guys should really look at how many threads have been "look at the fail that is xbox 1" it gets exhausting and frankly insulting. That is why i rarely post anymore. rarely come here, and rarely get on to play with people on my friends list lately.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm really sorry you feel that way. Wasn't my intention.

And if you wantl... make some threads about the mistakes and let downs of the PS4... seriously... nobody is stopping you. It might be good for those who are on the fence and dig the Xbox platform.

If there were "real" reasons or rumors of concern with the PS4... id be posting that shit too brother lol. It's just that Sony really made a stellar system this go round and there isn't much if anything to knock.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Sony has been quiet about a lot of things.  Such as AC4 DRM? theres a lot to watch for,  but everyone is crap crazy over the launch problems of the hardware.  The internet is also ps4 crazy,  so their faults are being swept under the rug and overlooked.

On top of it, research needs to be done by those that want to get the best experience. I am not here to sway anyone, but I am here to give my opinion when someone asks it of me.

Take for instance when the family sharing was brought up: I did my research on it extensively. I saw where Microsoft quelled all the rumors that are STILL flowing around, and yet ps4 people are still saying that it was a failed project. I learned as much as i could about it and it still got told to me that I was wrong. so I let those folks be ignorant and go about my business. I have enough ignorant people to deal with in my job i do not need it outside as well.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:07 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
Sony has been quiet about a lot of things.  Such as AC4 DRM? theres a lot to watch for,  but everyone is crap crazy over the launch problems of the hardware.  The internet is also ps4 crazy,  so their faults are being swept under the rug and overlooked.

On top of it,  research needs to be done by those that want to get the best experience.  I am not here to sway anyone,  but I am here to give my opinion when someone asks it of me.  

Take for instance when the family sharing was brought up:  I did my research on it extensively.  I saw where Microsoft quelled all the rumors that are STILL flowing around,  and yet ps4 people are still saying that it was a failed project.  I learned as much as i could about it and it still got told to me that I was wrong.  so I let those folks be ignorant and go about my business.  I have enough ignorant people to deal with in my job i do not need it outside as well.
As i've always been a fan of M$'s original vision and i cant agree with you. There were TONS of Xbox people who thought it was crap too. I liked it (minus DRM, 24hr checks etc.) and so did plenty of other Sony and M$ fans... it wasn't just PS4 fans who riled up and shouted at M$. It was most core gamers man... regardless of system they saw M$ about to start a dirty precident and spoke up (thankfully). Family sharing was an unfortunate drop that M$ could have kept but decided they'd drop it with the removal of DRM... wtf?! Give people an option to opt in or opt out of that digital sharing system... id bet youd have loads optin in with DRM as a side effect just fine.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 5:57 pm

See, all that I've seen are people who have voiced their distaste for a product, not for people who are purchasing said product. The only attacks that I can remember came from a couple of members who were pissed that MS changed their minds about what their product would be and blamed everyone who disliked any of the original "features" of the Xbox One.

I guess that Best Buy isn't the only place that you can find a good projection!
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Doamne01 wrote:
See, all that I've seen are people who have voiced their distaste for a product, not for people who are purchasing said product. The only attacks that I can remember came from a couple of members who were pissed that MS changed their minds about what their product would be and blamed everyone who disliked any of the original "features" of the Xbox One.

I guess that Best Buy isn't the only place that you can find a good projection!
Ok, i laughed out loud at that last one lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Digital Game Sharing   PS4 Digital Game Sharing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 Digital Game Sharing
Page 1 of 1