Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops   Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:27 am

Ok, I played 3 games of MW2 last night and they were my last 3 games. First game was against obvious hackers, but still managed to have an ok game. Next 2 games it was like I have never played a FPS game in my life. Tube, dead. Spawn, 3 steps, tube, dead. Spawn, turn corner, commando lunge. Repeat. It was amusing watching the killcams of the guys launching tubes straight up into the air toward the flags and killing me...reminded me of a mortar killcam in blops.

So just for my own sanity I put in Blops immediately afterward and no one was online, so I played HC FFA for 3 matches. 1 match, MVP, other 2 second place.

I know I famously bitched about SC, lag and hit detection in Blops, but MW2 is an absolute clusterfuck in comparison. It's just hyper-stupid. It's way too fast. Spawns are horrid, maps are way too leaky. Another observation is how much of the screen is covered when ADS in MW2. Blops was MUCH improved.

I really hope we get a game that plays like blops with the hit detection and fewer lag problems of MW2. But I am a bit skeptical. We shall see in a few days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops   Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:40 am

The 2 one man army guys on wasteland with tubes and thermal sniper rifles were horrid! I played a couple of games and had to turn my sensitivity from 7 (blops) to 3 for MW2. Holly tubefest batman, every game. So this week I have given up on WOW, and MW2. All that is left is BLOPS and I am not sure I can put that damn disk back in the machine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops   Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:03 pm

I just spent most of today (and most of the week come to think about it) going back to MW2 to sort of prepare myself for the upcoming MW3 release. I tend to agree that BO was a much more balanced game.
To be honest I had played COD4 so much that by the time MW2 came out I was pretty burned on the FPS genre and started playing some RPG's and other titles so I honestly didn't spend the time grinding levels to get better. Plus I just really had a hard time having any success or fun playing MW2 because of the previously mentioned "problems".

I can say that I am WAY better at BO than I ever was at MW2 and I have more fun playing it because it's geared to where even the worst players can have a baller game every now and then. I just felt lost playing MW2. Wasn't used to the crazy unrealistic speed that everyone but me seemed to possess.

Like some of the other posts mentioned the color and the hiding spots in the game (compared to BO) are AWFUL. I couldn't see shit, I couldn't shoot shit. I spent most of my time watching the kill cams wondering how the hell that guy even saw me to shoot me across the map. (Bullet tracers perhaps?) The contrast sucks period (along with drab color in the way too cluttered environments). There is no middle ground even adjusting your TV won't help much. It's either too bright or too dark and by the time your eyes adjust you're dead.

Explosive damage is horrid, all I could hear were grenades and tubes going off. I quit several games because the other team would just spawn trap and rain explosives down. Stacked killstreaks are another peeve. Example 5 (predator missile) could lead easily into 7 (chopper/harrier) which could easily lead to 11 (gunner) which could get you up in the 20's in no time. I like how in BO you actually had to get your hands dirty to get your gunner or dogs.

I am hoping and have heard that infinity ward has tried to correct some of the blatant faults of MW2. The killstreaks will still stack but the choices will be limited. I did hear the developers admit that MW2 had too many "air support" options. Well I have a 2 word remedy that BO implemented beautifully: SAM TURRET! I didn't mean to rant but DAMNIT MW2 pissed me off this week and all of the reasons were mentioned in either this post or others...LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops   Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:48 pm

MW2 is A LOT faster than BO. It seems like everyone in MW2 has a 4th perk called lightweight......you move so much faster in MW2. If MW3 is the same way then I think a lot of folks that only have BO experience will have a tough time adjusting the first prestige.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops   Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:40 pm

I tried playing some MW2 tonight but it was to frustrating. So I went back to Blops for a few games and it took awhile to get adjusted. I was also using a new headset which took some getting used to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops   Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on MW2 v. Black Ops
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2