Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Drop Zone: My Take

Go down 
3 posters

DZ, like it or hate it?
Like it.
Drop Zone:  My Take Vote_lcap48%Drop Zone:  My Take Vote_rcap
 48% [ 12 ]
Hate it.
Drop Zone:  My Take Vote_lcap16%Drop Zone:  My Take Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Boobs.
Drop Zone:  My Take Vote_lcap36%Drop Zone:  My Take Vote_rcap
 36% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage

Drop Zone:  My Take Empty
PostSubject: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:12 am

I didn't want my notes to get burried on the new game modes thread so I am creating a thread specific to DZ. What are your thoughts? He's mine:

My take on drop zone, I like it. Played it last night solo and got mad XP and weapon XP. Here's the key from what I have found playing it.

1. Blast Shield Pro is a must. With grenades flying everywhere you HAVE to have it.

2. Extreme Conditioning Pro. It helps to get you to the next drop zone before anyone else and get the +20 XP per second and find the best hiding spot.

3. Anticipate the next drop zone. See my note above, get there before anyone else and find the corner to crouch in.

4. Trophy system. Haven't used it yet, just unlocked it, but from the video I saw on Youtube from Woody, this, with Blast Shield Pro, is going to help a lot.

Last night I had 6 - 7 games with 1+ KD. Don't really care about KD in objective based games, just saying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:26 am

I had a good time on DZ when I had a full party of 30's to run with. When I played my first game of DZ it was just me and Death-Threat and randumbs. Was not a fun game. Later I played a few games with 30's and it was alot better.

I was running with semtex, and trophy system, SofH Pro, Blast Shield Pr, not sure what the 3rd one was. The big thing is when the DZ is going to change, 5 or so seconds befor it does if you respawn run the opposite way from the DZ, or if you know where the next one is get there befor the DZ changed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:32 am

Game mode is great we had a streak 0f 20 plus wins yesterday but I do see it sucking in the near future. The Drop zones order are fixed and the same very time. Once they are memorized it becomes a huge disadvanatage for players that are not familiar. I found my self at the drop zone first in most cases and even was the top scorer one game and I was 1-0-1 with like 3200 pts as the other team had NO clue waht to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 am

I HATE drop zone... too much of a clusterfukk and no strategy.

Don't even think about flanking because as soon as you get to a certain point, people start spawning behind you. You can stay just outside the drop zone to pick off the people trying to get in, but you don't get any of the points for "defending".

With all that said, if I'm in a lobby with you guys and you guys wanna play it, I won't object to it.

So to conclude... boobs!

Last edited by LOCKEdnLOADed22 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited for boobs)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:34 am

Not my cup of tea. It's like HQ on crack. If you're willing to endure the hailstorm of explosives/flash you can get nice XP, but I'm more of a perimeter pest.

Different strokes. I guess that's why I liked Hardcore in Blops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:40 am

My tidbits...

Agree with Blast Shield Pro.

I tried Extreme Conditioning, but Blind Eye seems to work better for me.

For the third perk, I have been running Sitrep. There is marginal benefit to seeing trapped packages, IMS, BB, claymores, etc. in all the smoke. I am not convinced it is the best 3rd perk to use though.

Trophy is good and several should equip Trophy, but it seems some should run smoke (especially if you have a thermal scope).

I have had good results with a Thermal scope. There is so much smoke that it is handy to pick off enemies.

There are spots on the periphery of some drop zones (other side of walls, around corners) where you don't appear exposed in the zone to the other team, but you are (secretly) still earning points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:05 pm

I like it. I have been leveling up the riot shield. get to the DZ, go all armadillo and tuck into a ball in the corner of the DZ and rack up the points. It holds the DZ so the packages are ours, keep the points coming, and I survive countless grenade blasts. every once in awhile an enemy runs onto the DZ. there is usually so much smoke they dont see you and are wounded by all the flahs, concussion, grenade etc that one quick bonk with the riot shield kills them. I was going 8-8 and 9-8 with 3500 XP points and top of the leaderboard.

HAVE SHIELD, WILL TRAVEL.......
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:08 pm

I hate that game mode. I die a shit-ton more and run my ass off the whole game. We were winning, but my K\D was taking a huge hit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm frightened Nate...show me the ways of the Riot Shield
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 pm

It's easy baby. I'll stand behind you and help you hold the shield and show you how to gain large amounts of XP and piss off people at the same time. Don't worry, I will put on some old spice to awaken your "daddy issues." Same technique I use on strippers when I take them to the gun range and show them how to shoot pistols. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Could ya smear some grease and oil on yer pants...Daddy was a biker
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:03 pm

this is some great information, need to change a custom class to use when i play specifically dz. thanks chris.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Wow, just heard about this. Looks interesting. Question, can't a couple guys go back to back with the riot shield and protect each other's backs? Just wondering.

As I loved HQ on BO, this is a mode that makes me want to get the game again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:18 pm

One of the clannies did this with me. I think it was Death-Threat. We went back to back and then had fun smacking the hell out of a jugger recon. Back to back worked ok, but it was better to put your back to the wall and squat to rack up the points. As the enemy ran onto the DZ they would try to cap the packages. since they were ours it took them a few seconds. More than enough time to rush forward, give the old bonk, bong Muther-F'r, and pull back to continue racking up the XP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Keep in mind that if the care package is not worth picking up then leave there and use for cover.

I was running with an SMG and steady aim hip-firing into the redzone. Also had thermal scope on my MP7 since it is impossible to see anything with all the smoke. You can holdbreath while ADSing and get tonnes of longer distance kills.

Sometimes the kdr takes a hit but if you can grab a good CP like the osprey gunner or pavelow the number recovers quickly.

(Stinger secondary)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:24 pm

I've had a lot of fun playing DZ over the past few days. Plus, I love love love hijacking crates in ANY game mode, because I'm a dirty dirty pirate hooker who does that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:35 am

Im loving DZ more and more. Been winning with Randummms and like Hero jacking crates all day long!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:24 am

I think perhaps playing turtle behind a riot shield in the DZ would be rewarding. Maybe that's the game mode I'll break out the N8 shield on...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Nate does quite well with the Riot shield in that mode. Top position with only 8-9 kills is amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 12:40 pm

What can I say? I like using the weird offbeat weapons, finding the niches for the them, and then using them to the fullest to piss off other people. Loved the flamethrower on BO, and really liking the riot shield in MW3. It only works in certain game modes and certain maps. Arkadan is great for DZ shield work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Man, why cant' these polls include an option for a MW3 option AND boobs...or could we throw the option of Butt in there b/c I'm more of a ass-man.

Now, back to DZ...I like it. I will have to try the Riot Shield. I actually had quite a few games that I went 1+ on my K/D. I like the idea of Blind Eye but recommend putting a silencer on your gun too. Best part of playing yesterday was getting a Juggernaut...twice...while sitting in the DZ and helped me get the top score. You can hold that thing down on your own practically. Most importantly though, this really needs to be played with a bunch of clan members b/c randumbs just screw it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drop Zone: My Take   Drop Zone:  My Take Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop Zone: My Take
Page 1 of 1