Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Not saying this is the reason but.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Not saying this is the reason but..... Empty
PostSubject: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:35 pm

So I'm one of the new guys here and thought I'd get some help from my new family. I haven't had a chance yet to play in a lot of our clan groups but when i'm soloing it i seem to get a connection between 75 and 100 ping. After the 12 year old who is jacked up on Dew unloads a clip in me i get to watch it over again. What i've noticed at times is that before i am killed i am hitting center mass several times but they are not dropping. Is it just bum luck that i have or is the connection poor to that particular game? Anyone else notice this? I'm connected wireless to my DSL.
Back to top Go down
miggilly

miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:10 pm

I use a wireless bridge off my cable modem. Seem to always have fair to strong connection.

This game is very shaky though. Many times everyone is having lag the same time you are. If you are using a g router, you may want to switch to the n. This signal type is much more stable. But if you do that, you need a wireless bridge. Damn PS3 understands g only.

Good luck, a lot of variables in wireless conection. Especially if you live in an apartment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:48 pm

I got a cable...but my ps3 has always been close to my router...it definitely seems to help...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:08 pm

I have games where i empty an entire Scar-L clip in a guy with hit markers, die, watch kill cam and I just look like this...

Not saying this is the reason but..... Retard2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Wired is going to be better than wireless connections. If possible, go with wired. If not possible, then you may have to deal with occasional hiccups/choppiness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:11 pm

hahahaha...colby just made me laugh out loud at work...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:49 pm

I have one of those home wiring Ethernet connectors. One plugs in at the internet connection coming into the house, the other right next to my PS3. Best $70 I ever spent. No more wireless thru 5 walls. Improved my up/down speeds 3x. Only it doesn't work when the power is out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 am

i too have dsl and wireless and most of the time i get 3bars, will get a 4 bar when i am with clannies close by.

i dont watch a lot of killcams, and dont really notice getting tons of hitmarkers a whole lot, but it does happen and it is frustrating especially like colby said when you start shooting first then get turned on or in the killcam you are not shooting at all, just sprinting towards the enemy in nothing but jogging pants! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:28 am

DSL highest speeds are on the low end of the Cable Broadband Spectrum. I would do two things either switch to Cable or Hardwire the connection and do a speedtest and let us know the results.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:38 pm

I think i may have to break my foot off in Verizon. Unfortunately their the only ones i can get internet through since i live back in the boonies. I'm going to try the hardline method.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Don't be fooled. Some of us have great internet and we still have ping issues. Even playing solo I am usually in a 75 lobby, and rarely get the 50 that I want. With clan it's a crap-shoot, typically we break 150 before we get a game going.

Indeed try wired connection. If you are in an area that is rich with wireless signals there will be data corruption due to collisions with other networks. Also if you are encrypting your network, it will also be slowed dramatically. Also check to see that you are OPEN NAT:
https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t50-ps3-in-dmz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:13 pm

I have the highest speed I can get from the cable company(my job pays for it I love expense reports) no matter what speed you have you will still get lag
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:51 pm

I have noticed parties make it worse. I have a lot less lag (at least when I am not hosting) if I am flying solo or just a few folks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 pm

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:37 pm

But who wants play with randumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:36 am

i didnt say i like playing with randoms just that i dont notice lag as bad when i play solo... i would rather have a little lag and play with 30 members any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks for the link audiopile. Ran my ethernet wire to the back of the PS3, did the DMZ thing and it seems to have helped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 9:41 pm

My black ops connection got so much better when I ran a cable and set up a DMZ...hope this helps you out man..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:52 pm

[url=[URL=http://www.speedtest.net]Not saying this is the reason but..... 1663460452
Well this is my wireless connection, you can double it for wired and most games I still lag....maybe it's all to do with the lag compensation they built in to the game ??? santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not saying this is the reason but.....   Not saying this is the reason but..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not saying this is the reason but.....
Page 1 of 1