Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Blog Post 12/28/11

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:19 pm

You may have noticed that I have spent that last little bit in Battlefield 3. Before you all run away screaming “Dear God it is bad enough that we have to hear about it in every post, now he is going to BLOG about it?!?! F-this, I am going to see if there are new fart jokes in the NSFW section…” I promise to talk about MW3 as well.

I have to admit that spending time away from the game did not hurt my ability to perform to my high standards of play, that is, being about 1/6 the player TEMA is. The transition back to MW3 from BF3 was smoother than I thought. In some ways I think I played better. In BF3 hitting people with your gun is harder since the irons take up a lot of space, the recoil is more significant, and finding people in the first place can often take more time than in MW3. Last night I had a 28-6 game in MW3. This is unheard of for me and I count it as one of my best games ever. I then built on this win by turning around and going 8-14. The connection gods have a cruel sense of humor.

Last night I attempted to sacrifice a live chicken to the connection gods (or god as it may be since they/he/she is not talking…yet). The results were mixed as I think I then pulled host three times. Apparently I inadvertently made the sacrifice to the BO connection gods where pulling host is preferred and leads to you killing people with 2 shots with any gun, especially the MP5. I will attempt to call the otherworld internet services to clarify this issue. I am thinking of making a larger sacrifice in the form of the family dog. We do have 2 dogs after all… I am not sure the kids will notice as they just received too many Xmas presents anyway. The results of pulling host was predictable as I then when even and did not get 15 kills. Combine this with being tired and I am surprised that anyone let me in the lobby. Apparently my mom has contributed to the finances of the clan to ensure that I will always have ‘friends’ albeit the ones you have to purchase.

Seriously though, thanks for playing with me as I had a great time. I was lucky enough to run with Dave, Nixon and Snow for a while last night. Later joined by Obetico, Orwellian, Shooting at you, and Razor. I missed people while on BF3. Yes, on BF3 I played with Anderson and OB, but there is only so much Anderson you can take in one night. All he talks about is how good he is doing in Lego Star Wars. Listening to Shooting at You celebrate his 2 Juggs was worth the price of admission last night. Sorry you threw the first one over the fence…

MW3 is a beautiful game. I was struck by how clear the animation is and how sharp the background is after playing another game.

This is where the blog turns into a review of BF3… so you may want to check back later if you are done hearing about me liking BF3.

On the MW3 forums I saw the difference between the two games described as BF3 appears to be a battle simulator vs MW3 that seems to be like an arcade game. MW3 is a twitch fest where BF3 is more tactical.
Example: On the domination version of BF3 there is a larger map with 4 flags (PC version has 5 flags!). I can drive the boat behind enemy lines, take the flag closest to their spawn, lay anti tank mines, move to the next flag, sneak around and kill the two guys capping or blow up the jeep parking near the flag with my rocket launcher, cap that flag, run back to the first flag I was capped since the bad guys are trying to take it again. Hopefully they drove in a jeep so they run over the mines I laid and blow up. If not then it is a one hit vehicle disable with the rocket. At some point I die. I then can spawn on a CAPPED flag and defend it from the onslaught. I then will bounce back and forth between A&B defending/harassing the cappers so they never make it down the row to the other flags. Even if I lose a flag at times these are guys who are otherwise occupied leaving my team mates to hold the points further down the path.

Even if you do not follow this I hope to convey the point that the game is more tactical. I cannot just run out and blow up a tank with my rocket. I have to hide in the buildings and jump out to shoot the tank and then hide again since the tank will now be looking for me. I am hiding in destructible cover so one tank round and I am toast. It can take 3 hits to blow up the tank so there is a lot of cat and mouse.

I play the engineer a lot since they get anti vehicle mines. I get a lot of kills from blowing up vehicles like this. Triple killfeeds are common on this class if you play this way. Had multiple games where my KDR was 2 and I was at the top of the leaderboard. This never happens in MW3.

The tanks are fun and actually kill people. The Humvees and Jeeps are fun. You get shot in the head a lot when sitting in the back shooting the gun. The helicopters are pretty good. 7 kills the first times I used it shooting into a building with a sniper in it. I kept a Hornet in the air for 25 seconds before it crashed. How people use this thing I have no idea.

I wish the people at Battlelog helped the people at Elite. Battlelog is the BF3 Elite and is superior. Functionality is limited on Explorer like Elite, but it is not slow and prone to crashing like Elite is. I can check on the next unlocks, review stats (like SPM) and use the chat function if I wanted to. They have a VOIP function it looks like on battlelog, but I have not used it.

Coms on BF3 suck. If there are more than 3 people in the room with a com then there is a great deal of drop. This is the major drawback to the game as gameplay is much improved with the use of Coms. There is a report that the coms are going to be fixed in Jan, but who knows. If PS3 would run a background VOIP like they do in Xbx this would be a good fix. Background VOIP would be worth the PSN+ membership charges IMHO as it solves a lot of the problems with in game chat being craptastic. Ideally I would like to see it offered for free since it is such a huge part of the games that make them buckets and buckets of cash.

Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Great Blog. BTW you aren't supposed to know that Mom Wini is buying friends for you. Don't worry, we all come cheap. Some homemade cookies to fill the tummy and pictures of you as a kid to make fun of is all it costs your mom to get you some make believe online friends.

I concur that going back to MW3 after BF3 makes MW3 seem much easier. Most likely because BF3 forces you to slow down a little bit and think more tactical instead of rushing around trying to win one on one gun battles. In BF3 if there is one bad guy there is always another one or one spawning on him. It puts you in the mindset that there are always more than one and that pays off in MW3 because you are always anticipating more than one enemy.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:48 pm

I love hearing about BF3... Just makes me want it more!

Great read Wini.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:04 pm

I'm famous.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Nice read Wini....perhaps I'll be on BF3 tonight...I could use a change of pace.

I always look for ppl playing BF before I load up the MW...no luck in the past week or so...
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 pm

I have been on the last 2 nights... Will be on tonight I think as well. See you there.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Look forward to it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:56 pm

I'll aim to play some BF3 as well. What time?
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:03 pm

hahahaha...this one made me laugh...great blog as usual man...
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
I'll aim to play some BF3 as well. What time?

Rock on! I am hoping for 1000 EST-ish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blog Post 12/28/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 12/28/11   Blog Post 12/28/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blog Post 12/28/11
Page 1 of 1