Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Empty
PostSubject: interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution...   interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:42 pm

I gotta agree with a large chunk of this....esp. Piazza which sucks so much....

http://www.ign.com/blogs/jensen198/2012/03/31/the-evolution-of-maps-in-call-of-duty

Here's an excerpt:

Modern Warfare 2 completely changed this. In order to create exciting, unpredictable and dynamic gameplay they made confusing, complicated maps. Where CoD4 allowed the players to cause the excitement and unpredictability, MW2 tried to artificially force it with map design. A level like "Favela" had such verticality and so many routes at so many different levels that it was impossible and pointless for a team to set up their lines. Enemies would come from every direction. This encouraged camping and it massively increased the popularity of run and gun techniques as people tried to either negate the myriad routes available on the map or to exploit them. This convoluted gameplay was a massive change from CoD4. If we draw (attempt to draw) a straight line across the middle of "Favela" there are close to a dozen ways to cross this line. On "Strike", there were three paths.

I contemplated drawing the routes, but it looked like a hippy's tie-dyed poncho
The magenta lines represent common sniping spots, though these positions were largely useless as a player could never be sure they would be looking towards any enemies. The central building has 3 levels, the building on the right has 3 levels too. Through the centre of the map players can jump out of windows, off roofs and walk through doors. Players could be shot from someone on any of the three levels. Fighting on this map had absolutely no structure. A sniper, unless used to quick-scope, was completely useless on this map, there was no freedom for players to use any play style they chose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution...   interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:05 pm

I agree with the blog's observations but I do not necessarily agree with the opinion. I recall getting swept from one end of Bog to the other until we were decimated. The old maps had way more predictable spawns making it easy for veteran players to clean house. As much as I hate the randomness of spawns with MW3, CoD4 had it opposite and trapping and controlled spawn flipping was way to easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution...   interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Good find Nes.

I remember on some BO maps playing with Killface talking about alleys; center, right and left. At first I was like ?!?! WTF, but when I looked closer you could see this very clearly. Based on BO I would say that it is more like COD4 in map design.

His opinion on KS was interesting in that he advocates for less KS and a more simple game in that regard. I guess I don't agree with that. One of the things I like best about MW3 was the KS for support guys like me. Points for capping and defending. In BF3 the guns all act differently, and after the last patch are more balanced. An AEK or FAMAS is great short range, but at long to mid range they get owned by L85A2 and AN-94 due to recoil patterns and ROF. I would like to see more weapon diversity in BO2. FAMAS, AK74u and Galil were the obvious standouts and there was no reason to use anything else unless you wanted to screw around (FAL, Shotguns, etc.)

User rented servers will do a lot to take care of the lag issues. In BF3 there are 650k people playing on PS3 compared to the several million on a COD title. With the extra $ generated I would think that it would almost be in their interest to make a move like this. It is one more fee they can collect. One more way to make money, and one more thing I would be glad to spend it on. The $10 I am sending Darkker is way worth the 90 days of lag free fun we have. Plus I am admin so I can change map rotation, kick players, re-arrange teams. So can nixon, N8, Anderson, kagan... We can police ourselves. See a guy lag switching? Kick. It is almost like its own miniature community of non 30 regulars who play on our little >30< island.

I am stoked to see BO2. The maps were fun I thought. I could care less for the opening doors and launching rockets. I care way more about a map that is diverse yet fair and a connection that is consistent and playable. See you guys then...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution...   interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

interesting blog post on COD maps & their evolution...
Page 1 of 1