Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Some intros and questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Some intros and questions Empty
PostSubject: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 pm

As a way to intoduce myself more to you guys I will tell a little more about me.

Use to be a computer gamer in clans playing Counter Strike, Battlefield, Desert Combat, etc. About a 1 1/2 years ago I moved up to the PS3 after being away from online gaming for a few years.

Retired Navy, father and grandfather of Xbox gamers (they convinced me to buy a PS3 instead of Xbox), and married for 30 years.

Sometimes my son and/or grandson get on my PS3 when they are over so if I am not responsive to an invite or message it is because they are on and not me. They usually play their own logon profile but from time to time they get on mine.

Do you guys have practices or strategy sessions? I am down for that if you do, especially on the new maps I am not real familar with.

Any advise on how to better play this game is really welcomed. If you are ghosting me and see me doing something stupid go ahead and tell me a better way to do it.

I do want to get better at this game.

I play, or use to play, a lot of zombie maps. So if anyone is looking for a zombie game I am down for that also. I do want to do the easter egg on the new map Shangri-La eventually just to see what it is about.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:02 am

Hey mate welcome to the clan,

+ 1 for the intro there always nice to read. I think the best thing to do is jump into a game with some clannies from your timezone to get to know them. There's a lot of members online at certain moments and since I'm closely to the UK I will always be online around the same time as them no idea how late that is in the US tho.

We do have or have had practice sessions but private matches with fellow clanmembers are the best way to ask for pointers and such. Altough if more people would like they could probably organise some practice sessions. If you add me I'd be happy to look at some of your games in theatre mode and give you some pointers?

Not that I'm that good Rolling Eyes I'm also up for some zombie games haven't played those in a while. Anyways feel free to add me and have a good time with us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:50 am

Map knowledge is a big deal. I can't think off the top of my head which Youtube uploaders have great "learning the map" type videos but I know they exist. They show you a bunch of tips about navigating and alternate routes to reaching certain areas.

Private friend / clan matches will also be of great help as Tema says.

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:30 am

Welcome Canis. I'm a day player. Usually 12-5pm est. Like you, I am a "mature" player and find it challenging to keep up with the reaction times of the younger crowd, but I try. Add me and let's get some game time together!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:36 am

Welcome to the West Coast Canis. Got to play with you a little last night. Sorry I had to bail so early and only get a few games in. I had to go put the kids to bed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Enjoyed playing with you guys last night.
I respect those that put their family first N8 so I applaud you for that.

I typically play late PST (after 9pm) but occasionally get in some play during the day.

Do any of you change the controller from the default settings?
I have noticed some people are able to jump around easily and/or go prone and I am wondering if they have moved some of the buttons to s make this easier.

I bought the Black Op controller but it is very unresponsive (laggy) so I quit using it.

Yah, I would love to go over the maps with you guys and talk about good places to defend from or set up at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 pm

The best way to do that is in a private match or combat training. OJT always works also. That is how most of us learned. playing as a team really eases up on the pressure of trying to learn and gives you a chance to pick up new techniques and tactics.

Most guys run default on their controller, but it is personal preference. The sensitivity setting is across the board. Everywhere from 1 (slow) to 10 (insane) you just have to play with it and find one that works for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:36 pm

My grandson was playing on my console last night and told me I received some invites.

So I just want to let you guys know that if I do not respond it is because it is not me playing.

But keep the invites coming because I enjoy playing with you guys and if I am on I will join.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:59 pm

You can add me, jsavvy is my PSN ID
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:13 pm

CanisMajor60 wrote:
Enjoyed playing with you guys last night.
I respect those that put their family first N8 so I applaud you for that.

I typically play late PST (after 9pm) but occasionally get in some play during the day.

Do any of you change the controller from the default settings?
I have noticed some people are able to jump around easily and/or go prone and I am wondering if they have moved some of the buttons to s make this easier.

I bought the Black Op controller but it is very unresponsive (laggy) so I quit using it.

Yah, I would love to go over the maps with you guys and talk about good places to defend from or set up at.

There is a tactical layout that swaps R3 from knife to prone, I think everything else is the same. This is the setting preferred by dropshotters. But it hinders you in the reaction knife fights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some intros and questions   Some intros and questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some intros and questions
Page 1 of 1