Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!

Go down 
5 posters

When should I buy my new ps3?
What the hell are you waiting for!
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Vote_lcap86%My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
Take my chances and play with the repaired one.
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Vote_lcap14%My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Wait until November.
My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Vote_lcap0%My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
mspiderw

mspiderw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Empty
PostSubject: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:30 pm

I posted yesterday about finally getting my new ps3 wireless headphones. I was all geeked out with the awesome sound and effects. After an hour of play, my original fat 80gb ps3 granted me my worst nightmare. The YLOD! I'm surprised it lasted this long since I purchased the damn thing back in 2008.
I'm pissed that I have to fix the fat ps3. Even after only a couple of hours I'm like a crack fiend with no way to get my game fix!!! There is also no guarantee that I won't get the YLOD again after the damn thing is repaired. You folks think I should spend the money to get a new slim on? Maybe I should wait until COD2 comes out in November, go outside and ride my bike or something!!! DAMNITTT MAN!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Go buy one of the new slimmer PS3's about to come out and give us a review so I can decide if I am gonna go get one. Toatlly self serving I know. But still go buy one.
Back to top Go down
parabola79

parabola79

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 16

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Yea go and get one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:35 am

It has been a week now that my PS3 quit reading discs.

THe first few days are the worse. Pacing around not knowing what to do.

If you can make it past about the 3rd day it gets better.

Now I find myself getting things done that I should have been doing.

It will be next week when the new blu-ray drive arrives. This saved me about $150 instead of buying a new PS3.

I had the slim model, so there are no guarantees that it won't break down either.

My advise is to buy the slim if you can afford it easily. Otherwise just wait and have the fatty fixed.

If you wait, be prepared for the withdrawls to be worse in another day or two. But then it gets better.

Back to top Go down
mspiderw

mspiderw

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 am

CanisMajor60 wrote:
It has been a week now that my PS3 quit reading discs.

THe first few days are the worse. Pacing around not knowing what to do.

If you can make it past about the 3rd day it gets better.

Now I find myself getting things done that I should have been doing.

It will be next week when the new blu-ray drive arrives. This saved me about $150 instead of buying a new PS3.

I had the slim model, so there are no guarantees that it won't break down either.

My advise is to buy the slim if you can afford it easily. Otherwise just wait and have the fatty fixed.

If you wait, be prepared for the withdrawls to be worse in another day or two. But then it gets better.

I'm leaning tword buying a new one this coming tuesday. I really didn't that I'd miss a damn video game system this much. It's only been two days! Thanks for the support Canis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:20 pm

At this point my body has forgotten about the rush and I don't physically miss the game.

If mine had quit altogether I would have bought a new one. I didn't want to have a new PS3 and one that worked except the blu-ray.

I can still play games that don't require a disc.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Did you try booting the PS3 up in safe mode and doing a system reset?

My nephew had the YLOD and we got it to work by doing that.
Back to top Go down
Chas-71

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:06 pm

I had my 80 GB fat ps3 die on me last Summer in 2011. It did suck a lot. I ended up taking it to a local place here in town and after they fixed it, it worked for bout a month before it died again. I then sent it in to Sony to refurb / send me a new one. This cost me an extra 50$ over having the local place fix it and it's still working fine.

If I had to do it over, I would just send it in to Sony to fix right away, and not mess with any local places - will definitely remember that in the future if another one dies.

In fact after I got my fat ps3 back, I found one on sale for the holiday bundle that comes directly from Sony, that I got for Christmas to put with our other plasma TV.

I definitely would miss it which is why I now have a 3rd one as well that I got after Christmas cheap. Plus it definitely alleviates issues with multiple people wanting to play at the same time or watch a blu ray.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:17 pm

It is probably a good idea to have an extra. I will think about that this Christmas.

Lol, imagine my wife opening her Christmas present and it is a new PS3. hahaha.

If they weren't teasing us about PS4 coming out late next year this would be an easy decision.
Back to top Go down
mspiderw

mspiderw

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:46 pm

I've been seriously thinking about buying the new PS3 that's coming out on the 27th. It seems like the new one is about the size of 3 disks. and with 250gb. I'm going to transfer my data to the new one and give the old one to the kids! Hurray I can't f..ckin wait any longer!!!!
Back to top Go down
Deizzel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:11 pm

mspiderw wrote:
I've been seriously thinking about buying the new PS3 that's coming out on the 27th. It seems like the new one is about the size of 3 disks. and with 250gb. I'm going to transfer my data to the new one and give the old one to the kids! Hurray I can't f..ckin wait any longer!!!!
i'll be buying the new PS3 slim in a couple of weeks, after trying to fix my 4th YLOD my fat ps3 is finally trashed. i just hope I can swap my 500gb hard drive out of my fatty to the new one.
Back to top Go down
mspiderw

mspiderw

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:38 pm

My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! P1010113

I finally got off my lazy ass and purchased the 250 gb PS3. As you can see there is a big difference in the size and the game loading feature. As far as performance is concerned, I see no damn difference. I purchased the 250gb instead of the 500 because I don't need that much space. My boys are happy as hell. They have just inherited a fat boy ps3. My only complaint about the whole ordeal is the setup and data transfer times. 2 hours total!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!   My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My PS3 Got The YLOD last Night!!!
Page 1 of 1