Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Why I love BO2 despite the Lag

Go down 
+5
BlackDeath
Brennan_Huff122
evandadda
NukeLaCoog
SouthPawDraw
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Empty
PostSubject: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 4:16 pm

There has been a lot of crying and bitching (some of it my own) in game and on this site about lag, hit detection and all the other issues that need/should be fixed with this game as well as some backlash to that…

https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t8417-does-the-crying-ever-stop#125819

Yes, there are issues. Yes, it would be great if they got fixed. Yes, I may check out BF and skip the next COD. Yes, I’m for them fixing it….

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hey-Treyarch-Fix-Your-Black-Ops-2-Game-Now/272438386223500

Still, overall I’d have to say BO2 is my favorite COD thus far, just behind MW2 (though that may change in the positive with the next DLC releases) and though we’ve been bashing it a lot, but I’d like to take a moment to list a couple of things that I like about it…

 The Pick 10
I love the Pick 10 customization capabilities. Not only do I love mixing it up and trying new attachments with perks,etc…but I also think it’s actually improved my game. It has also caused me to Prestige for the first time…just to get that extra customization slot to play with.

 The Maps
I actually like the look of most of these maps (though not as much as MW2) and I think the new DLC maps being larger with longer lines of sight made up for some of the short comings (small) of the previous maps. I particularly like the fact that I often feel the need to switch up my classes /play style for particular maps where as in previous CODs I got stuck in a rut.

 The Weapons
Though they don’t often work the way I think they should, or are not as balanced as they could be…I do like the overall look and number of selections within each class. Where as in previous CODs I pretty much stuck with one, or two guns…here I’ve been trying everything (SWAT-556 why don’t you love me as much as I love you?).

 The Peacekeeper
Though I’m not sold on it for my own actual everyday use…I love the fact that I haven’t been able to precisely pin down how/if/when to use it. It’s a SMG, it’s a AR….it’s different and I like that. Here’s hoping they add more.

 The SMR with ACOG
…nuff said.

 Love it, hate it.
Lastly I like that it’s generated some opinions on this site. Love it, or hate it…I really dig talking COD and bullshitting in general with 30s and I think the game has got some discussions going (even if they are about Halo4).

That’s it for me. I hope others will list some of theirs (whether it be a aspect of the UI, a weapon or perk)…
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 4:42 pm

There is so much to like about this game, which is probably the reason I raged about it so much Smile

I LOVE the pick 10 system. The customization on your player abilities and the attachments and equipment combos are limitless. I prestiged for the 1st time as well because I needed the extra create a class slots (I told a fib, I prestiged in MW3 the last 2 weeks of the game just because). You can set up classes fo specific scenarios and play styles and I would change classes 4-5 times within a game.

I love the speed of the game. It plays faster than games of the past and I didn't find it hard to get back in the middle of the action. Sure there are some distances from the spawn back to a flag, but I was able to close the distance quickly.

I love the gun variety. It seems that the PDW, MSMC, FAL, AN-94, DSR and R870 are the go to weapons but that is more than the past when there were just a few guns that dominated the game (I am looking at you Famas). Hell, you can still compete with a number of other guns outside of these as well and the LMG's are actually usable.

I like the kill streaks. They aren't amazing but they are fair. You can wreck shop with lower streaks and some of the bigger ones can be game changers.

Combat training with obj game modes and better bots, live combat training with real people & bots, theater mode improvements and Hardpoint game mode are all great additions/improvements.

Like I said in the opening, there is so much to like about this game....except for that one thing. Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Southpaw,
In addition to all your likes, I very much enjoy the stacking scorestreaks. I dont know if this has been a feature of CODs in the past as I only started playing COD since BLOPS 1, but I think it's badass. In Dom if I can cap the spawn flag, B flag, then stay alive long enough to get the first scorestreak to get the chain started and eventually get to my last scorestreak, I'm ecstatic!! Especially if I'm daring enough to load a high scorestreak

Overall, I'm very happy with this game and enjoy the company of 30s every night that I play. There's never been a time when I'm without 30s to play with and that's been the most enjoyable aspect of the game for me and has improved my performance as well. Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:45 pm

This is a great game and i agree with everything above. Pick 10, maps, play style/speed, looks of the game and terrain, and most of all this is the first game i have got to play fully with the clan. i joined right before MW3 and due to work and utter hatred for that game i never played much. And like Evan said the company is something i look forward to and always brings me back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Nobody mentioned ZOMBIES!!!!

They really went all out for BO2 zombies and I think it is great.

I can echo everything you love about BO2.

I esp loved the pick 10 and the change to ghost......two of my favorite changes in this CoD. I also really liked the improvements on the party making side of the PS3. Also really loved the way they made scorestreaks work........giving the objective players a real bonus for playing the objectives.

All in all.....best CoD yet as far as features.....maps.....guns......scorestreaks......game modes..........

I won't rehash why I stopped playing it at prestige 10 level 47.......
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:16 pm

meh dont ease up now

im giving up bo2 for lent ;P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
JRED_31

JRED_31

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:44 am

Pick ten brilliant, gun prestige awsome, extra gun in dlc ya I haven't put the peacekeeper down already have over 2000 kills with it. But the Diamond camo great Fn idea. Bo2 has givin so many challenges to work on and emblems to receive its has kept my interest. Every COD game has Ben great and I think they just keep getting better.

If I had one complaint I want to have different score streaks for each class.
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:38 am

Like like the pick ten, and gun prestige/camo/attachment unlocks, the way they handled that makes it much easier to hit the prestige button, since you don't have to start from scratch unlocking all the attachments again. I like scorestreaks instead of killstreaks, for those like me who have a hard time stringing that many kills together its a little more statisfying, but like Asztalos said I wish that each class had their own scorestreaks. It makes it impossible to change mid-game.

However, regarding the prestige rewards: Once you get all your custom classes unlocked there isn't any reward for continuing to prestige...other than the emblem. So the incentive to continue to prestige after 6 isn't really there. I wished that at master prestige you could use that reward to unlock one more slot in your pick ten, so it'd be pick eleven. You gotta have something in it for me to keep hitting that button, but with permanent unlocks and all attachments unlocked you don't suffer much by prestiging expect for the first few games and everything you want/need is available.

I LOVE hardpoint(close to Medal of Honor/Warfighter's Sector control), I just wish that it was random. But hardly anybody plays it??! That is the highest score/minute game mode, and although matches take a long time you can get scores of around 10-20,000 per game. About the only way I can get a decent lobby to play it is in the Chaos Moshpit. That is definitely a teamwork oriented game mode.

My biggest pet peeve right now are the QS'ers. There is getting to be too many of them. Why can a sniper get a one shot kill with an instant aim, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn hip-firing an LMG at point-blank range?

But I play it, so its a love/hate relationship.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:00 am

BlackDeath wrote:
Wayyyy ahead of ya! lol Well not Zombies... still need to get those easter eggs!
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:49 am

gun fer hire wrote:
BlackDeath wrote:
Wayyyy ahead of ya! lol Well not Zombies... still need to get those easter eggs!

C'mon Gun ya know they're screwing with us on them damn EE's.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:37 pm

^^ haha yeah i still can't understand why we didn't get the symbols on top of the elevators to light up! It's so apparent in this vid...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I love BO2 despite the Lag   Why I love BO2 despite the Lag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I love BO2 despite the Lag
Page 1 of 1