Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BO:2 Competitive Group

Go down 
+26
Z06NESS
WREG
cY staple Yc
xl Centurion lx
bluehound000
Criptic Wolf
YellowGeeHawd
rynovan
Gunz N Beer
xXx G3TZUM xXx
whistlingmick27
Dubious Baller
alX Newfie Xla
Winners
BlackDeath
TheCanisDirus
TripleAce Andy
FiremanLFD525
DeathByAK
o RED ARROW o
MrRalphee
patrickracer79
M4sterOfDi4ster
Maverick9227
shagstar40
TheZeroDivide
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Winners

BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:21 am

I guess we need to decide on who we want to play with and who we don't.

I will leave this at that.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
xXx G3TZUM xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:24 pm

M I S S I L E R wrote:
I guess we need to decide on who we want to play with and who we don't.

I will leave this at that.

?

Spirit of thread is about people learning maps and competitive play though. For those who don't understand all elements of gameplay, zero is offering help..
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:16 pm

My comment has nothing to do with the thread it has to do with your comment

Code:
Triple capping is overrated; everyone gets more points if they aren't randomly spawning behind

It's a shame more people, who are over 30 years old mind you, can't figure this out....some of the better players around here are hiding from domination play because of this (don't worry; not calling you out!)..

Yes there are some maps that are great to hold down and not want to flip the spawn like slums, nuketown, etc. There are also maps that the spawn points are so random especially nuketown, and hijacked that you could be holding down C and B while we had score streaks flip the spawns the other day and the enemy spawn behind us or on top of us.

My play style isn't camping and waiting on the enemy to come to me. To me that is boring. I enjoy going commando on the enemy and being where they least expect me. I love triple capping on Raid and Plaza. With a couple people working together you can triple cap on Plaza and still hold b with people working the club and D' Bo.

Either way I fully play the objective and the funny thing is when I have been playing with people that don't like the triple cap I haven't been doing it and I get shot in the back because the next thing you know they are taking c or a and not calling it out. I think no matter how you play team work and letting your team know what you are doing is the key whether you are triple capping or not.
Back to top Go down
xXx G3TZUM xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Well...i disagree but whatever. Nuketown (and all maps) are easy to control spawns. To competitivel play at the higher levels (platinum and masters), not contolling the spawn will get the team a loss.

For public play, I don't give a crap...i will roll with whoever and just logout if I feel there sn't any chemistry. For league play, yeah...I know who I will and will not team with.

Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:04 pm

OK here goes nothing. Since the original thread has already been hijacked and turned into tactics. Zero offered to help people understand maps and map control and using cover and Im reading into this somewhat but I assume clear out B before taking B instead of randomly dieing on the flag. Alot of people want that kind of help and its good that he is offering it. Somewhere along the way in the thread it turned into trip cap bashing. I think it is widely known on the XBOX side that there is a group of us that lead the charge on trip capping. I will leave the others unnamed and they can call themselves out if they want to. I am not ashamed.

I like to run and gun that is how I have fun playing this game. When it is a struggle to get the win I dont mind turning that off for a game or 2 if needed to win the game. But I can not change my style of play to finding a position of advantage somewhere around B and shoot people as they come through a choke point. That is not fun for me, and if its not fun I can find other things to do with my time.

I dont play this way because I "cant figure this out" or because Im "stupid" as mentioned in other posts above. I dont even care about the points on the scorestreak which seems to keep coming up. I dont run high score streaks because of my playstyle. I play this way because its fun. When the team doesnt want to trip cap I dont. Its kind of a majority rules thing along with map selection.

If you like to play the game slow and watch choke points and get high kill streaks I get it more power to you. Its a smart way to play. I will not bash you for it and call you a camper or a head glitcher or whatever other creative terms gamers come up with on live. I will say you are playing smart and to win. This does not mean we are playing stupid and to lose. I think our winning % is as good as most anyone else in the clan and we have pretty good k/Ds, some better than others, mines not that great but it is positive, and pretty high SPMs.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:22 pm

[quote="M I S S I L E R"we had score streaks flip the spawns the other day and the enemy spawn behind us or on top of us. [/quote] I couldn't believe a FN dragon was flipping the spawns for us - that's complete bull shit! Damn you 3Arc!

And i think all playstyles can work together as long as everyone communicates as M I S said... communication is everything in CoD... esp. when the game has so many odd spawning and lag issues as this year's.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:54 pm

xXx G3TZUM xXx wrote:
Well...i disagree but whatever. Nuketown (and all maps) are easy to control spawns. To competitivel play at the higher levels (platinum and masters), not contolling the spawn will get the team a loss.

For public play, I don't give a crap...i will roll with whoever and just logout if I feel there sn't any chemistry. For league play, yeah...I know who I will and will not team with.

League play is a totally different subject. I play league play differently than I play domination. I rarely play league as hardly anyone does and rolling with randoms really sucks most of the time. You can disagree if you like but we had warthogs, swarms, and even a dragonfly flip the spawns on Nuketown domination. Also with league play you are either playing TDM, Hardpoint, CTF, or S&D. Your comment referred to triple capping in Domination.

I don't care what peoples play style is as we all play differently. There is nothing wrong with that. If we are communicating when triple capping if you do know the spawns then you should know they are going to spawn mid map of the opposite flag from the one you are taking. Like I said key is communication.
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Hopefully Zero's offer of competitive group (CG) training doesn't get diminished by the threadjack and the CG training materializes.

gun fer hire wrote:
think all play styles can work together as long as everyone communicates as M I S said... communication is everything in CoD.

M I S S I L E R wrote:
I think no matter how you play team work and letting your team know what you are doing is the key whether you are triple capping or not.

Regarding Domination play styles, I think everyone is on the same page in the sense that, when the game style (triplecap vs holding two) needs to or is desired to change, teammates communicate and ask/call it out before taking unilateral action - unless you're completely new to Dom and aren't familiar with these basic strategies, in which case you only make the mistake once. Embarassed

Being new to clan-op Domination, my two (Canadian) cents are probably not worth as much, but I feel Dom play styles can and should flow both ways. To Baller's point, if the game becomes a bit lame holding down two flags the entire game it makes sense to co-ordinate with the team and go for 3 or flip spawns.

Likewise if the entire team is spread out, not co-ordinated each running solo commando, trying to secure a different flag with no backup, we're likely to get creamed in a chaotic mess.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:29 pm

I think the thread should get back to its origin of having some practices and the cordination of those practices because it was a good idea and its being lost. If we ant to discuss play styles someone should start a new thread.

So who's is up for some training practices?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:38 pm

TG Baller wrote:
I think the thread should get back to its origin of having some practices and the cordination of those practices because it was a good idea and its being lost. If we ant to discuss play styles someone should start a new thread.

So who's is up for some training practices?

Whoa, whoa. You disappoint me sir. Baller I never ever saw you as a voice of reason. I still don't. I think you are probably showing off for someone with your "Lets get back on topic blah blah blah.." I hope your lady friend you are showing off for is worth it. This is only the third page of this thread. We have many more miles of detour to travel before we get back on the main highway.

PS I reached around that shit Baller so to get you extra brownie points with whomever you are sucking up to.
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:58 pm

#FUSlam

Does this bring me any redemption for my momentary lapse of disorder and mayhem?
Back to top Go down
Gunz N Beer

Gunz N Beer

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:04 pm

What!! We're talkin bout practice

Back to top Go down
rynovan

rynovan

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:51 pm

KillerWhiteRyno here to say I was an ok player before I met zero, with swift questioning as to how he was playing the way I wanted to. To me the fun in this particular game is getting all the streaks rolling over teams. That's just what I like, I remember when I first got some advice from Zero and I said, "its really hard for me to play this slow" he said you don't have to play slow, he taught me how to patrol correctly within the flag cap stradegy or ANY map or game type. Before I got a few loadstars and vtols and swiftly after I was able to get the dogs and swarms that make people send me hate mail and accuse me of cheating, this is the ultimate to me on a game youtubers brag about their score streaks. At the same time I love playing support and challenging myself to get more straight up gun kills, which is fun to piss a lobby off when you get 50 plus gun kills running uav counter vsat. To each their own. The first game I played with zero I started asking questions and he has been so amazing to help my gameplay to play how I really wanted too and he can help with anyone's game play style. I love a rusher when we're holding choke points because the enemy has no clue where to run. Thanks for your help Zero and anytime I get the pleasure of bring on your team I'll jump at the chance. I'm in on any competitive play and want to push myself to the highest level I can. I want that 100+ gameplay, haha I want to learn as much as I can.
Ryno Out
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Ryno. This thread is getting a little derailed, so let's get it back on topic. I'm still putting together what we're going to be doing, so just be patient.

By the way, look at Nick's thread then look at mine. I was very specific in stating there was no in-game stats requirement. I don't care if you're a 0.4 or a 4.0 K/D player, everyone can learn something, including me.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheZeroDivideYT
rynovan

rynovan

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:54 pm

I thought I covered it Zero offers help=I'm in! Everyone else I promise it's really fun!
Back to top Go down
o RED ARROW o

o RED ARROW o

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:28 pm

"Zero"

Thanks for taking the time to organize this. I'm really looking forward to learning, practicing, and getting better.
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:09 am

Perhaps these sessions and games can be recorded for future reference and sharing among 'trainees'.

Considering the amount of interest in this and the likelihood of getting everyone interested online at same time zero's available. Does anyone in this thread have video+party chat record capabilities?
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Andy, great idea. I can record the sessions then post them. Here's what I plan on doing:

I'm going to emphasize league play and domination, since concepts from the league play games and dom games will carry over to all game types in pubs as well.

The first thing I'm going to teach is map movement and utilizing cover. It's probably the easiest thing to teach that will have an impact on game play. We'll have a lesson on how to do it, then we'll play some games so we can put the lesson into practice. Then we'll move onto working within a team, and from there go to map knowledge and spawn points. Map knowledge and spawn points will take the longest, as I'll probably have to make videos beforehand showing the spawn points and how to control them.

I'll also review game footage in theater mode with anyone who wants it so that I can point out mistakes made, things to do differently, etc.

My schedule is as follows: On Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm off work so I'm available almost any time. Any other day I can't be on until after 10:30 EST.

Let me know when you guys are available so I can set up some sessions.

Back to top Go down
rynovan

rynovan

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm off Tuesdays as well and Wednesdays I don't go in until 10-11 MST and you know I'm up late so pencil me in. Thanks!
Ryno
Back to top Go down
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 34

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:13 pm

You need to have a "special needs" gaming clinic Zero.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:17 am

I can play after 5pm eastern on Wed
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:39 am

Most weeknights after 8:30/9PM (EST) I'm on ~1 hr. I can extend it to 2 or more hours here and there, but good to know in advance.

Weekends are in the 3~4 hrs range after 8:30.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 3:35 pm

I have availability most nights after 8:00pm CST.

Re: the hijacking - I think Baller & I share a brain as I agree with every word of his posts...however, that is different than what I think Zero is talking about.

Baller was talking about playing pubs 6v6 - I *think* Zero is talking about getting into competitive play...which is a very different mindset..IMO. THAT is the part that really interests me...the competitive side of things. That's what I'd like to learn and get better at.
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:11 am

OK, wednesday seems to be a good day, so we'll start doing these on wednesday at 9pm est. Sessions will last about an hour. I'll also be making videos to explain concepts so that we don't have to do everything in the sessions and will have more time to practice utilizing them.

Also this is for competitive play. The concepts apply to pubs, but that's not the reason I'm doing this.
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:12 am

Yeah I'd like to check this out too...I'll show up when I can, but I don't work the same days week to week so I'll just go with the flow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
bluehound000

bluehound000

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm in too Zero, I do need to up my play. I really need to work on my ability to regain control of areas. Holding isn't as much a problem, but getting leverage to take BACK control is not my strongsuit. So when things turn to chaos I struggle to get back on track.

And I do need to work strongly on fundamental mechanics. Aim and accuracy immediately, instead of walking the gun around to find the target. Knowing what I want to do, and making it happen on the screen are two separate things

And I'm sick of blaming lag for every crappy game that I have. Its becoming the "go-to" excuse for what many times is poor play and I don't want to do that anymore. When a good team get you back on your heels this game quits being fun. And I start to forget all the fundamental stuff and revert to reckless abandon to try and overpower the other team. Which typically fails miserably because the reason you are in the pickle you are is because they are a powerful team.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BO:2 Competitive Group   BO:2 Competitive Group - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BO:2 Competitive Group
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next