Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Used game debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Used game debate Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Used game debate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Used game debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Used game debate Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Used game debate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Used game debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Used game debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Used game debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Used game debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Used game debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Used game debate Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Used game debate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Used game debate Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Used game debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Used game debate

Go down 
+2
carlmuir
NukeLaCoog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

Used game debate Empty
PostSubject: Used game debate   Used game debate Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:33 am

Whether you are PS or Xbox used games are a HUGE issue and it is really the dividing line in the next gen debate.  If XB1 just carried on business as usual then there would be little to discuss on which console we would be getting.  Most of us would stick with what brand we have and go about our business.

Cliff Bleszinzski, lead designer of Gear of War, chimed in on twitter:
Quote:

"You cannot have game and marketing budgets this high while also having used and rental games existing. The numbers do NOT work people."
Quote:

"The visual fidelity and feature sets we expect from games now come with sky high costs. Assasins Creed games are made by thousands of devs."
Quote:

"Newsflash. This is why you're seeing free to play and microtransactions everywhere. The disc based day one $60 model is crumbling."
Quote:

"Those of you telling me "then just lower game budgets" do understand how silly you sound, right?"
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/13/bleszinski-on-xbox-one-used-block-big-budget-games-pre-owned-cannot-co-exist/

Which prompted this article:
http://www.destructoid.com/used-games-and-aaa-games-are-incompatible-good--256227.phtml

"And that's where we come round to the biggest issues facing mainstream game development -- used games and rentals have absolutely bloody nothing to do with the fact that game development is possessed of such total excess that you can't even succeed with millions upon millions of sales under your belt. I utterly defy you to convince me Resident Evil 6 nearly selling six million copies yet still failing to meet expectations could be blamed upon the used game market. When you're selling that much, and still failing to make investors happy, something is fundamentally wrong with the process of videogame production itself, not the imaginary dragons of used games and game rentals that are conjured up as quick and easy scapegoats." 

Used game debate Su3ULJO

I don't know what it is about the video game industry, but they seem to be operating in their own little market with rules that apply to no other industry. Nothing bothers me more than a business blaming it's customers for their lack of "success".  Make better fucking games that people don't want to dump after a few days and take responsibility for your freaking costs.  Is it the consumer's fault that you made a crappy game, rushed it to market before it was ready and wasted millions marketing it as the next greatest thing ever then over charged everyone with the initial price + DLC?  No assholes it isn't.  Get your shit straight and you don't have to worry about millions of units sold not being enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
carlmuir

carlmuir

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

Used game debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used game debate   Used game debate Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:08 am

Agreed about some lower game prices.
So if some games have high production costs, why do ALL new games basically cost $59.99? Shouldn't some be like $29.99, $39.99 etc?

Some release a bit cheaper but it rarely happens.

And if I'm kind of one the fence on a game and don't want to blow $59.99 of my hard earned cash, why is it wrong to buy it used from someone for say $30.00?

Another HUGE issue I find is the online review process and the talk of paid reviews, misleading etc...

And just put out good fucking games, not broken garbage. Hell, even the mighty BF3 had broken VOIP on the PS3 for a month after release. MW3 also had messed up VOIP on release...
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Used game debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used game debate   Used game debate Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:14 am

Hahahaha amazing.  Basically, it's our fault their games don't sell more brand new.  Suspect

I read an article somewhere (may have even posted it here) where Nintendo said they don't really worry about used games because their games have higher replayability. THAT is how you protect yourself from the used game market. Make a game so good that I don't want to sell it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
carlmuir

carlmuir

Used game debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used game debate   Used game debate Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:21 pm

If we keep with all this depressing console talk, I'm gonna end up with a PC or Wii U....
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

Used game debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used game debate   Used game debate Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Awesome article!

yeah do what I did... Grab a WiiU and preorder a PS4 haha
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

Used game debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used game debate   Used game debate Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:38 pm

I call bull shit !!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee
Cenobia

Cenobia

Used game debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used game debate   Used game debate Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:59 pm

I think that the video above is only going to end up being half true. Unfortunately MS opened the door for disc DRM and all third party companies are going to jump on that. For them, there is no reason not too. 

I think it is a little more complicated than "if your game doesn't sell, then it sucks". That would ultimately just lead to a saturation of FPS games trying to be Call of Duty. I love new IP's and games that do things different, so I don't want to see those smothered because game companies have to cater to the masses. 

I honestly thought that the current solution was the best. If you didn't buy the game new you had to pay like $10 extra for the online portion. Alternatively they should give customers incentives rather than punishing them. For example give an extra map (like Blops 2) or some other incentives to buy new.
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

Used game debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used game debate   Used game debate Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 11:00 pm

No need to be happy and not greedy !
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

Used game debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Used game debate   Used game debate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Used game debate
Page 1 of 1