Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate

Go down 
+13
gk daddio 65
SwollenCamel
Spartan Runnerr
Dubious Baller
NukeLaCoog
FiremanLFD525
TripleAce Andy
TheCanisDirus
chavarlison
lokaz_1
walldoggy
Maverick9227
Dirty Koi
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Empty
PostSubject: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:28 pm

LOL!!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:37 pm

There is no debate. The games are fundamentally different. Also BF doesn't have as much bullshit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Maverick9227 wrote:
There is no debate. The games are fundamentally different. Also BF doesn't have as much bullshit.
And not as much fun.

At least for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:48 am

There is a serious learning curve. It takes at a minimum of 10hrs in game to get used to it. Once you do it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
lokaz_1

lokaz_1

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 6

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:01 am

"Gimme gun, kill everyone" lol
Back to top Go down
chavarlison

chavarlison

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:45 am

I am gonna agree with Maverick, once you learn the game, it is fun. With the 30's penchant for working together, the gameplay works in our favor as it requires real team work. You need all of the classes to win games, not just snipers.
Back to top Go down
JRED_31

JRED_31

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:45 am

I'm a COD player first and formost but I did have fun playing Battlefield. Two totaly different games in my opinion. Team work is a must in Battlefield.
I wish the games didn't release so close to one another. It would be great if Battlefield came out in the summer when COD was getting old.
I will be getting both
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 8:42 am

Mav is right. 10 hours MINIMUM in game to get "used to it". (Hell... i might even say 10 hours IN VEHICLES to get used to those as well) Once you do it's a blast. There are none of the problems that plague COD. However, it is def not for everyone. It requires a little more of "you" to play.

In COD, you can just sprint around a tiny map as a lone wolf and kill your foe with a round or two... taking head-glitch cover points... you might have a flag to capture or a hardpoint to defend... but it's very... em, "simple". You have some guns with a few attachments and your perks etc. But then there's BF...

In BF... you sprint into the open with no cover... you're dead. You go anywhere without your squad... you're dead. You outfit the wrong weapons and gear for even the area of the map you're in... you're dead. You don't know how the rifle you're using recoils and how long to burst before the accuracy goes crazy... you're dead.

It's so very intricate and much more realistic. You can't just run around like you can in COD and expect to do well in BF. You'll lose the majority of gunfights and be vaporized by everything from attack helos to IFVs. Buttttt.... if you play with your squad... augment your kit to compliment them... learn the vehicles and weapons... and PTFO... you'll have a much, much more rewarding multiplayer experience.

There is nothing more satisfying to pull out a come from behind victory in a conquest match or blow up the last Mcom with a handful of tickets left... it's just bigger... in every sense of the word.
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:16 am

gun fer hire wrote:

In COD, you can just sprint around a tiny map as a lone wolf and kill your foe with a round or two... taking head-glitch cover points... you might have a flag to capture or a hardpoint to defend... but it's very... em, "simple".  You have some guns with a few attachments and your perks etc.  

"Simpler" than BF3.. maybe, but still fun as hell! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:23 am

Couldn't agree with you more Gun. Now in BF4 with Commander mode and the use of Support type streaks, levelution and all the other stuff. I encourage anyone thinking about BF4 to pick up BF3 and jump on WingNuts Over 30 server. We can all work together to bring any newbies up to speed. Then go and kick some ass. Keep in mind that BF4 on X1 will have 64 man games. Imagine 32 "30's" whoopin' ass on Battlefield!
Back to top Go down
FiremanLFD525

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:45 am

How can you debate an arcade vs realistic shooter? You really can't if you are going to be honest with yourself.I can't really add anything that's not already been said.I play both and enjoy both.BF is more of a MMO FPS anyways at 24 players, where CoD is only 12. Play what you enjoy, not just what your told you need to play.
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 11:53 am

Exactly...that's why I have been playing Borderlands vs COD lately.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:07 pm

No debate... just a comparison. Apples to oranges is still discussion point. And it's fun to explore the similarities and differences.

And yes, everyone should play what they like. We're just trying to encourage some of the COD only guys to try BF... they might end up liking it. I believe it's still free on Playstation Plus... or coming up on the free list.
Back to top Go down
FiremanLFD525

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:13 pm

It is still free on PS+. We have noobs every night fill our server. I kinda feel sorry for beating them by 300 tickets every game, but yet I know how they feel. We all do , Atleast the ones that didn't give a shot when it first came out.

Gun, I know we just cutting up and carrying on about the two.Its all fun and games to me on here,until a PS3 mod starts hating on me. (cough Ken cough).Just kidding brotha.
Back to top Go down
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:14 pm

You BF guys really have your panties in a bunch, this was just a funny video that pokes fun at both games and the kind of people that play them. Loosen up people
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
FiremanLFD525

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Go crawl back in your fish tank!!!! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Dirty Koi wrote:
You BF guys really have your panties in a bunch, this was just a funny video that pokes fun at both games and the kind of people that play them.  Loosen up people

No one seems to be bent about anything. Just now talking about the dynamics of both games that all.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Hahaha there’s no animosity etc... i think we all (hopefully lol) got the point of the video... just a little discussion. What a Face <--- what the fuck is this face supposed to be?
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Ever since I picked up BF3 I thought the comparisons between the game were silly because they are so different. About the only similarities are they are FPS and have guns. 2 completely different games and 2 completely different mindsets
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:18 pm

I agree with all of yall.

They are too different to truly compare. I'll add that BF has vehicles and that is a big part of the gameplay which is part of what makes them so different.

I have had more "fun" playing CoD honestly. It can be the most fun game out there. But, it can be bad too.....really fuckin bad. Kinda like hard drugs. High highs and low lows.....

Although, there are moments that occur in BF that are just jaw dropping when you are really into it.

Learning curve is longer than 10 hrs. That is a number for great players like Mav....he probably adjusted in 10 hours. Took me at least 3 times that long before I felt like I kinda knew mostly what the hell was going on.......then it took me another 20 hours to figure out I still don't know shit about half the maps/modes.

BF is something else.

CoD on dedicated servers would be better. FUActivision

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:07 am

The world would probably end before we see dedicated servers for COD. Now BF4 looks amazing and it adds Water warfare and the use of UAV's and Tomahawk missles via the Commander mode. Now would be a good time to get started in BF due to all the changes. Now all the BF guys will need to learn will all the changes...especially the levelution.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:27 am

Maverick9227 wrote:
The world would probably end before we see dedicated servers for COD. Now BF4 looks amazing and it adds Water warfare and the use of UAV's and Tomahawk missles via the Commander mode. Now would be a good time to get started in BF due to all the changes. Now all the BF guys will need to learn will all the changes...especially the levelution.
How great would it be to have a demolition class? I would love to be able to run around just blowing up buildings & bridges
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:38 pm

^^^Nuke... that's pretty much the support class with the C4 now. With the ammo pack you have infinite C4 so you can just go around and demolish everything haha. I suggest people try it. To plant on all the walls of an important building like A flag on Caspian... then run and hide and wait for a few guys to enter to take the flag... then BOOM... bring the entire building down on all 4 of them! haha

Too bad C4 is going to the Recon class in BF4... well not too bad... just makes Recon play like it used to in previous ones. You can be all sneaky and set up traps and shit... or sit back and snipe.
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:53 pm

I tried BF and I hated it. I didn't give it 10 hrs though. I was bored out of my mind. I would run to the action which took like a full minute to get to then die to someone sitting in a corner and respawn and spend another minute running to the action again. I did this for about an hour and said fuck BF and have never went back. I know its probably different once you learn the game and if you play with a team or something but I seriously thought it was the worst game I ever played. Im sure if I was the one doing the killing I might think differently but the experience was so bad I don't even want to give it another shot. It was worse than watching a soccer game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Rush is much better if you are looking for consistent action. Conquest....the maps are just too big much of the time.

In Rush they slash the map into at least thirds, sometimes it is even quartered, and you only play on a section of the map at a time so all 24 players are on a more CoD sized map with objectives in the center focusing all the action into a very small area much of the time.

Rush can be more intense and action packed than even a nuketown domination match at times.

Rush on Grand Bazzaar can be insane at the first and last sets of M-coms. Crazy choke points on that map with bodies piling up on both sides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate   my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my thoughts on the BF Vs. CoD Debate
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next